smsu game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smsu game

Defensive effort hasn't been great and we aren't rebounding all that well. Mustangs are hanging around as a consequence. 83-72 with about 4 minutes to play. Jacks only have 10 turnovers but are getting out rebounded which is unacceptable.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

smsu game

I wish we could get a real evaluation without having to shoot the obligatory 20 more FT's than a D2 opponent. Great start on the road for the Jacks, but dang, wish the refs wouldn't just stick it to the lower division opponent w/o even giving them a chance. Jacks have shown in previous two games they can really be a factor in the Summit race. Only team who will have a clear advantage is Oakland with their inside presence. Go Jacks.

Comment

Re: smsu game

sorry JackMD, was starting a thread same time you were. SW is normally a good rebounding team with more experienced bigs than the Jacks, so it isn't unexpected. Nagy will say it's unacceptable, and that's understandable, but it's not totally unrealistic.

(Two threads merged .... JackJD)
      Last edited by JackJD; 11-18-2010, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoops_guy View Post
        I wish we could get a real evaluation without having to shoot the obligatory 20 more FT's than a D2 opponent. Great start on the road for the Jacks, but dang, wish the refs wouldn't just stick it to the lower division opponent w/o even giving them a chance.
        Whatever.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

insightful response. what is kind of juvenile is to take only part of a post and use it as a post. how many more ft's, prior to garbage time did the Jacks shoot? The object of a message board is to be totally objective when possible, and to intentionally ignore obvious imbalances is kind of misguided. You are a great fan though, and i mean thatl

Comment

how many more ft's, prior to garbage time did the Jacks shoot?
            How many more times did SMSU foul? SMSU should move their feet to get in better position to make plays. That is usually one of the differences between the two levels of basketball.

Comment

you are correct with your "whatever" response though... the jacks only shot, oh wait, 20 more ft's than SWest. Guess i was totally out of line.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                How many more times did SMSU foul? SMSU should move their feet to get in better position to make plays. That is usually one of the differences between the two levels of basketball.
                ok. the officiating was perfect again. dang, i am a believer in the jacks regardless of others disregarding certain parts of my posts, but i'm not totally oblivious to officiating either. i have realized once again that any post that could ever be taken as remotely not "glowing" towards the jacks is unacceptable on this board and is going to get ripped. i get it.

Comment

ok. the officiating was perfect again. dang, i am a believer in the jacks regardless of others disregarding certain parts of my posts, but i'm not totally oblivious to officiating either. i have realized once again that any post that could ever be taken as remotely not "glowing" towards the jacks is unacceptable on this board and is going to get ripped. i get it.
                  I never said it was perfect, but I'm also not coming to the board to start a war with anyone that posts something different than my opinion.

We have alot to work on after watching this game. Everyone knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                    I never said it was perfect, but I'm also not coming to the board to start a war with anyone that posts something different than my opinion.

We have alot to work on after watching this game. Everyone knows that.
                    if making an obvious observation is "starting a war" than i guess i'm guilty. Another good win for the Jacks and a 3-0 start is a very good thing to build on with a long home stand. Wolters is a stud and will be a first team all league player this year and Dykstra will be on the all newcomer team.

Comment

We didn't play our best but the game was never in doubt and we are 3-0

SDSU 94 - SMSU 80

Pretty nice showing by the student section they seemed into it

Comment

Fouteen point win and two posters arguing over whether the problem was poor rebounding or officiating. Looks like BB season has started.
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Was at the game, didn't watch it real close, had the (20 month old) daughter along, so I was more busy making sure she didn't fall down the bleachers. She loves Jack Rabbit when he's way over there, but when we get up to him, she's not a real big fan. That'll change.

Also, she threw her juice bottle off the 2nd level when we were standing at the SE corner of the court. Seemed like it took 10 minutes to fall the 15 or so feet and crash onto the 1st level floor, spilling her water all over the place.

What little bit I did watch, I noticed that it didn't look like we were running any sets...I could be wrong on that though.

Both teams shot the ball really well....not sure if that's because both teams shoot the ball really well, or if the D just wasn't that good.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

It was what I expected tonight. Just glad to get a win. Coming off wins at tough EIU and Iowa this was surely a letdown game. On the other side, it was the biggest game of the year for SMSU. I watched USD limp to a win over SDSM&T last night and figured we'd do the same.

Rebounding was poor, defense was poor, among others.

Aireus admitted the guys weren't completly focused and the energy wasn't there.

Nagy said the kids looked like they lost by 40 in the locker room afterwards. I love that! He said he told them any win is a good win and be happy that we're 3-0.

On to Idaho State!

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              Was at the game, didn't watch it real close, had the (20 month old) daughter along, so I was more busy making sure she didn't fall down the bleachers. She loves Jack Rabbit when he's way over there, but when we get up to him, she's not a real big fan. That'll change.

Also, she threw her juice bottle off the 2nd level when we were standing at the SE corner of the court. Seemed like it took 10 minutes to fall the 15 or so feet and crash onto the 1st level floor, spilling her water all over the place.

What little bit I did watch, I noticed that it didn't look like we were running any sets...I could be wrong on that though.

Both teams shot the ball really well....not sure if that's because both teams shoot the ball really well, or if the D just wasn't that good.

From the way TV described the crowd you might have been chaperoning the loudest fan there tonight, Rowdy

Comment

Working...
                              X