smsu game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: smsu game

Crowd wasn't bad. I actually thought it would be worse given the opponent and that the women were playing at the same time.

On facebook Dykstra gave a shout out to the student section and told them it was a team effort. Love to see that!

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
      Crowd wasn't bad. I actually thought it would be worse given the opponent and that the women were playing at the same time.

On facebook Dykstra gave a shout out to the student section and told them it was a team effort. Love to see that!
      The student section was into it...but the rest of the crowd was pretty quiet all night.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        The student section was into it...but the rest of the crowd was pretty quiet all night.
        Well...weird. Kidding. Just a typical Frost game then. We need to change the atmosphere. Last year I got in trouble more than a few times for actually moving/leaning/standing in favor of the Jacks while sitting on the floor seats.

Glad that both Dyks and Moss thanked student section 2nt. PROGRESS! Need to encourage these guys to encourage the SS to keep it up! We have somethig special here and I hope we can all appreciate it and help out!

GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by hoops_guy View Post
          I wish we could get a real evaluation without having to shoot the obligatory 20 more FT's than a D2 opponent. Great start on the road for the Jacks, but dang, wish the refs wouldn't just stick it to the lower division opponent w/o even giving them a chance. Jacks have shown in previous two games they can really be a factor in the Summit race. Only team who will have a clear advantage is Oakland with their inside presence. Go Jacks.
          The Jacks deserverd to shoot more FTs. They were the quicker and more aggressive team. They drew alot of fouls. I didn't realize that they had 20 more, but it makes sense. The Mustangs seemed happy with jumpshots.

It is pretty impressive how long our team looks up close. Teams are going to have a very difficult time getting around our guys without having a hand poke the ball away.

Seemed to me that Wolters may not have felt 100%. He just seemed a little out of sync and didn't play his usual minutes.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The one area that stands out in needing improvement is rebounding,as we have been out-rebounded in all three games. It may be necessary to have two of our bigger players ( Dykstra,Fiegen,Heemstra ) in the game at the same time,especially against teams with more size.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              The one area that stands out in needing improvement is rebounding,as we have been out-rebounded in all three games. It may be necessary to have two of our bigger players ( Dykstra,Fiegen,Heemstra ) in the game at the same time,especially against teams with more size.
              I agree that we need to rebound better. However, the reason rebounding is so important in basketball is that it creates extra possessions. Our turnover margin so far has negated the rebounding edge of the other team because it has created extra possessions. There's more than one way to win a basketball game, and having half the turnovers of your opponent is one of them.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...32/1002/sports

"At 3-0, we better be dang happy," Jacks coach Scott Nagy said. "We have a chance to watch the film tomorrow and learn from that. There's no reason to beat ourselves up right now. We should be proud of where we are and what we've done and know we have a lot to improve on."
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...32/1002/sports

"At 3-0, we better be dang happy," Jacks coach Scott Nagy said. "We have a chance to watch the film tomorrow and learn from that. There's no reason to beat ourselves up right now. We should be proud of where we are and what we've done and know we have a lot to improve on."
                  I really liked the tone of Scott's interview after the game. He talked about a different attitude with this team and the strong leadership from Dale and Clint. Nagy sounds much more positive right now. There are reasons to be just that.

The next couple weeks are going to be fun with some good teams coming to Brookings.

Great start Jacks!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                    It was what I expected tonight. Just glad to get a win. Coming off wins at tough EIU and Iowa this was surely a letdown game. On the other side, it was the biggest game of the year for SMSU. I watched USD limp to a win over SDSM&T last night and figured we'd do the same.

Rebounding was poor, defense was poor, among others.

Aireus admitted the guys weren't completly focused and the energy wasn't there.

Nagy said the kids looked like they lost by 40 in the locker room afterwards. I love that! He said he told them any win is a good win and be happy that we're 3-0.

On to Idaho State!
                    No it wasn't! It may have been our only Division I game, but it certainly wasn't the biggest game of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by klomp44 View Post
                      No it wasn't! It may have been our only Division I game, but it certainly wasn't the biggest game of the year.

What game are your players looking fwd to more than this one then?? I'm not doubting you...I just want to know what game might be bigger for your student-athletes.

Go Jacks!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

It would have been if SWMU had won. Seems like you did win one a while back.

Comment

I know why we do it but I really wish we would get away from non-exhibition games against D2 schools. They are no win situations and you have to think it is very difficult for the team to get up for a game against SW State. As for the 20 more Free throws, it normally happens with lower division schools. The reason, lesser talent. It has nothing to do with poor officiating.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            It would have been if SWMU had won. Seems like you did win one a while back.
                            http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

The Series vs. SMSU - South Dakota State leads the all-time series 13-1, including a convincing 95-70 win last season on Dec. 8, in Frost Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                              I know why we do it but I really wish we would get away from non-exhibition games against D2 schools. They are no win situations and you have to think it is very difficult for the team to get up for a game against SW State. As for the 20 more Free throws, it normally happens with lower division schools. The reason, lesser talent. It has nothing to do with poor officiating.
                              Most if not all schools play a couple of D2 teams each year

Comment

I had a good time last night. I really wasn't too surprised with the outcome or the way that that outcome was achieved. The score may have been close at times but the game was never close to being in doubt. SMSU was hitting a lot of shots, gotta give them credit for that. Student section was good; hopefully people are starting to realize that this team is good and really fun to watch.

I was impressed by Feigen's post game. Definitely more polished than Dykstra and Heemstra.

Stevensen looked really good. I'd only ever seen him in the exhibition and he didn't really do anything too impressive. Last night, however, he took and hit those 2 big three's when SMSU was closing the gap. Definitely like him coming off the bench.

Sarge's shot was off last night, but that's okay. I still can't believe how quick his release is and how he can square up so easily and quickly. Not worried, obviously.

Griff's on-ball defense was superb last night. He was just playing great D and working hard all night.

Good win, and I'm really not too worried about the rebounding.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X