Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Recruiting List

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Chill. Was only amplifying/seconding your response to my post and asking whether or not you thought it was a good signing or not.
    Yes it is, and I would have loved to see him at NDSU, we pulled our offer after Jones committed to use that scholly in other Vital areas, does not mean we didn't want him just did not need 2 RB's of that caliber on a Full ride when Jones will Redshirt. We need other postitons, so when some say we pulled the offer it isn't because of a lack of talent like "some" probably suggest. I in no way meant my post as smack against Reggie or SDSU
    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Are there any offers to a big mobile DE?Sure would make a LB blitz more effective if they had to double team someone on the line all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        Are there any offers to a big mobile DE?Sure would make a LB blitz more effective if they had to double team someone on the line all the time.
        These are the 2 DE's that have offers right now from SDSU.

DE -J.R. Plote**, 6'3" 235, AZ Phoenix - Mountian Pointe, http://bit.ly/ajftax
        DE David Sutton, 6'4" 245, NE Lincoln-Southeast, http://bit.ly/eJDacJ

We signed a very good player last year at DE in Auston LaBlance.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
          I think potentially the best recruit yet. I appreciate that the coach said he had never been caught from behind. I like a couple of stiff arms and the way he lowers his head prior to contact. As a Bear fan his style of running, and size reminds me of Walter Payton.
          I think he's like Jim Brown of the old NFL Cleveland Browns .Strong enough and big enough to shed tackles and good foot speed.I counted to myself and he was covering basically ten yards a sec., at full stride, so with a stopwatch, i can believe 4.5 sec for 4o yards.At full speed in a staight line, he covers a lot of ground very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
            These are the 2 DE's that have offers right now from SDSU.

DE -J.R. Plote**, 6'3" 235, AZ Phoenix - Mountian Pointe, http://bit.ly/ajftax
            DE David Sutton, 6'4" 245, NE Lincoln-Southeast, http://bit.ly/eJDacJ

We signed a very good player last year at DE in Auston LaBlance.
            Oops, just noticed this now....thanks Mitchell, hope we get these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              I think he's like Jim Brown of the old NFL Cleveland Browns .Strong enough and big enough to shed tackles and good foot speed.I counted to myself and he was covering basically ten yards a sec., at full stride, so with a stopwatch, i can believe 4.5 sec for 4o yards.At full speed in a staight line, he covers a lot of ground very quickly.
              A little hyperbole here? Jim Brown was five inches taller and 45 pounds heavier and only the rarest PRO running back gets compared to him these days. This recruit is fresh off the high school football field. Like every recruit we get, I hope he shatters all records at his position at SDSU.. but comparing him to all-time NFL greats like Walter Payton and Jim Brown puts unfair and unrealistic expectations on him...

Comment

Terry V confirms another verbal..

SDSU gets another preferred walk-on verbal from an Elite 45 pick: Castlewood WR Trevor Sikkink. He's also a state champion sprinter.
                Sikkink joins Chester's Kreutzfeldt who committed earlier today.
                Last edited by mitchell; 01-09-2011, 11:04 PM.

Comment

What the Argus wrote about Kreutzfeldt and Sikkink in their Elite 45 capsules.

An Elite 45 repeater, Kreutzfeldt capped off a stellar career with another eye-catching season.

Kreutzfeldt had 2,356 yards total offense this year with 30 touchdowns. For his career, he completed 58 percent of his passes for 5,752 yards and 60 touchdowns and also rushed for 3,532 yards and 41 TDs, giving him a total of 110 career touchdowns. He also had 250 tackles for the Flyers.

“Drew is one of the state’s most dynamic pass-run QBs, regardless of class,” said Coach Brad Benson. “He is explosive and has the most all-around athletic ability in the area.”
                  After two successful seasons at tight end that included 18 receiving touchdowns, Sikkink made a seamless transition to running back this year.

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound senior rushed for 827 yards and 10 touchdowns and hauled in 11 catches for 276 yards and five touchdowns.

In his second season at linebacker, Sikkink also had a career-high 95 tackles and three interceptions while earning Class 9A all-state honors at the position. He was also named the most valuable player of the Dakota Valley Conference.
                  - Sikkink placed 1st in last years state track meet in the 100 & 200, and 3rd in the 400 for class B

Comment

Thank you God, you could have sent them up to bisonville.

Comment

What the Argus wrote about Kreutzfeldt and Sikkink in their Elite 45 capsules.

- Sikkink placed 1st in last years state track meet in the 100 & 200, and 3rd in the 400 for class B
                      Got to see him play alot this year before he got dinged up. Castlewood moved him to RB to get him more touches, but he always seemed more comfortable at WR. Anything that we can do to deepen our WR corps is fine with me.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        A little hyperbole here? Jim Brown was five inches taller and 45 pounds heavier and only the rarest PRO running back gets compared to him these days. This recruit is fresh off the high school football field. Like every recruit we get, I hope he shatters all records at his position at SDSU.. but comparing him to all-time NFL greats like Walter Payton and Jim Brown puts unfair and unrealistic expectations on him...
                        "
                        I believe I said, "his style of running and size remind me of Walter Payton." For you to infer that he can not remind me of someone is impossible. If I said that he will have a career like Payton, THEN, you can be critical but in the meantime I will reiterate, his style of running and size remind me of Walter Payton.

Comment

Mitchell - thanks for taking care of the recruiting list this year. I've done it the past two years so I know how much work it entails!!!

One suggestion...can you split up the "committed" into two groups? One for scholarship players and one for the preferred walk-ons. That will give us a better indication of how many players we still need to add to the scholarship list.

Just a suggestion...thanks.

Comment

I believe Sikkink will play safety for the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              One suggestion...can you split up the "committed" into two groups? One for scholarship players and one for the preferred walk-ons. That will give us a better indication of how many players we still need to add to the scholarship list.

Just a suggestion...thanks.
                              List updated with the two groups, scholarship and preferred walk-on.

Comment

TV reports on his Twitter that 2-star CB recruit JeRyan Butler has committed to play for SDSU.
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X