2011 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Recruiting List

3,113 yards and 42 TDs... in one year. Wow.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Boxerboy - that is exactly what I thought as I was watching his video. Reminded me of Sweetness.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
        Looks good. I'm surprised to hear he ran a 4.5 because he didn't look particularly quick in that video, but I saw TV tweeted the 4.5 so I'll trust it.
        It is interesting on video he looked reasonably fast but when he ran in the open field he seemed to always increase the size of the gap so I'm guessing he is pretty fast, and seems to break a lot of tackles, Sweetness for the Jacks.

Comment

Watched the whole thing, a lot to like here, but what I liked most was how he saw holes before they were there, good vision. Great YAC, hard to bring down. He is going to be fun to watch and hard to handle.
          “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Fact that he chose Jacks over NDSU is HUGE. With someone with this cred, would the possibility of playing right away been a factor?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Fact that he chose Jacks over NDSU is HUGE. With someone with this cred, would the possibility of playing right away been a factor?
              Recruits have chosen SDSU over NDSU before, it's actually probably more impressive that he chose us over UNI than anything. I don't suspect that he will be see playing time next year, maybe his redshirt Freshman, defiantly his sophomore year when our running backs will be him and JR Zach Zenner (who is pretty darn good in his own right).

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                Recruits have chosen SDSU over NDSU before, it's actually probably more impressive that he chose us over UNI than anything. I don't suspect that he will be see playing time next year, maybe his redshirt Freshman, defiantly his sophomore year when our running backs will be him and JR Zach Zenner (who is pretty darn good in his own right).
                Well obviously, recruits pick us over NDSU. Point I was trying to make is that we are in a tenuous period with the Bison after dominating them for three years - and to get one of the top RBs in the region over them is big. Are you sure he will redshirt? And why would he be defiant?

Comment

Well obviously, recruits pick us over NDSU. Point I was trying to make is that we are in a tenuous period with the Bison after dominating them for three years - and to get one of the top RBs in the region over them is big. Are you sure he will redshirt? And why would he be defiant?
                  I'm not definitely sure he won't redshirt, but it's fairly rare for SDSU to play true freshmen. Especially since we have depth at the RB position with Kool, Zenner & Clare.

It might not be a bad idea to leave Kool at WR though and go with Zenner, Clare & Gandy at RB, but I don't think that will happen.

Comment

would the possibility of playing right away been a factor?

umm...considering the fact we have Mcnorton ('08), Sigers ('09), Voigtlander (08'), Ojuri** ('09), Crockett ('10), and Jones** ('11) as RB's I would think this is very accurate.

Also in 2010 we signed MIcheal Allen** and I am unsure if he still plans to join the team

For you Star Gazers the *'s behind is their rivals "star" ratings

We are Loaded at RB so Reggie is much better off at SDSU where you just lost your Premier back and thats awesome he picked SDSU over UNI
                    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Gandy is a good get for SDSU. However, I'm fairly sure NDSU offered him and pulled the offer about a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbison View Post
                        Gandy is a good get for SDSU. However, I'm fairly sure NDSU offered him and pulled the offer about a month ago.
                        Isn't that the same thing you guys did with Nate Wolters? That is turning out well for us.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by mgbison View Post
                          NDSU didn't exactly pull his offer, he had an ultimatum to accept the offer or it was going to be pulled and NDSU was going to move on. Reggie decided to not accept the offer so NDSU moved on to a player from Arizona.
                          Last edited by mitchell; 01-09-2011, 01:30 PM.

Comment

twitter.com/terryvandrovec

SDSU landed its first known preferred walk-on of the season yesterday: safety Drew Kreutzfeldt, a two-time Elite 45 pick from Chester.
                            Let's hope that Drew turns out like another preferred walk-on safety from South Dakota, Conrad Kjerstad.

His twin brother accepted an offer from Northern State earlier in the week.

Comment

JeRyan Butler. Who's got the lowdown?
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                JeRyan Butler. Who's got the lowdown?
                                He took a visit this weekend and was offered. Also Travis Seefeldt, Donovan Henley 5'10 165 4.4 40 CB from Glendale JC visited and has an offer now, David Godley 6'0 185 CB also from Glendale JC visited and has an offer, RB PJ Sparks 5'9 190 from Mountain Ridge HS in Arizona visited and now has an offer

Comment

Working...
                                X