Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Recruiting List

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    yes, they were 11 man for at least 2 years maybe 4.

Now Mt. Vernon is alone (I think) and Stickney is with Corsica.
    Thanks I did not know these details.

Comment

For what it's worth - I played 9 man plus 2.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
        For what it's worth - I played 9 man plus 2.
        You mean you had to have two extra guys to catchem all?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          yes, they were 11 man for at least 2 years maybe 4.

Now Mt. Vernon is alone (I think) and Stickney is with Corsica.
          I believe Stickney/Mt.Vernon last played 11B in 2004.

And yes Stickney is with Corsica now. Kind of strange to me, but then not as strange as if Armour would be with Corsica.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

We could recruit Will Smith's son- he is getting some looks from FCS and a few FBS schools.

http://www.lostlettermen.com/future-...ets-fcs-looks/

Of course the last thing we need is another undersized WR.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
              We could recruit Will Smith's son- he is getting some looks from FCS and a few FBS schools.

another undersized Wr???????????????

Comment

SDSU has an offer out to an O-Lineman from the Chicago Area.

OL - Paul Wisniewski, 6'4" 290, IL - Carol Stream - Glenbard North, http://bit.ly/9NaqEv

Wisniewski also has offers from W. Illinios and Wyoming.
                http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

It would be worth it just to get Jada to a game on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                    It would be worth it just to get Jada to a game on campus.
                    That should help with the fundraising for a new stadium

Comment

Kool pretty short go and try to guard him Tiefenthaler pretty short-try and guard him.. Bottom line- if u can play doesn't matter how tall u are!!!

Comment

Sometimes undersized wide receivers aren't so bad. Look at what the Philly wide outs can do. You put some team speed out there, who cares about size. Sure, you do need one with some size to out jump the def. backs, but get someone out there that can open the field and it is just effective. I think most of the teams SDSU has played have had that short guy with speed who has hurt us more.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                          Sometimes undersized wide receivers aren't so bad. Look at what the Philly wide outs can do. You put some team speed out there, who cares about size. Sure, you do need one with some size to out jump the def. backs, but get someone out there that can open the field and it is just effective. I think most of the teams SDSU has played have had that short guy with speed who has hurt us more.

For example? Just curious because I have no idea.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            For example? Just curious because I have no idea.
                            Really? You haven't seen some smaller sized guys running around the field against SDSU? Illinois St., Missouri St., and Youngstown St. all had wide outs under 6' with either 100 yards receiving or touchdowns against SDSU. These were from the home games I was at. UNI, Del., and Indiana St. all had running backs 5'9" and less who had good games against SDSU.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                              Really? You haven't seen some smaller sized guys running around the field against SDSU? Illinois St., Missouri St., and Youngstown St. all had wide outs under 6' with either 100 yards receiving or touchdowns against SDSU. These were from the home games I was at. UNI, Del., and Indiana St. all had running backs 5'9" and less who had good games against SDSU.

Haven't made a game this year except Nebraska and was only able to watch a few on the interent. I didn't pay attention to the WR size I guess.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I was checking out the Gopherhole web site (different GopherHole than my namesake), and found some names in relation to the Jackrabbits.

OL - Jonah Pirsig, 6'9" - 285 lbs., Blue Earth, MN
                                Jonah attended the SDSU summer camp last year. He may be out of reach for us as at least six BCS schools are interested in him. http://www.gopherhole.com/modules.ph...ticle&sid=1212

QB - Eric Kline, Blaine, MN
                                Mitchell already had him on the list, but here is another link regarding his interest.
                                http://www.gopherhole.com/modules.ph...ticle&sid=1235

Comment

Working...
                                X