2010 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Schedule

I could not find it on here, does anyone have it?

Re: 2010 Schedule

From the media guide:

9/11 @ Delaware
    9/18 Illinois St
    9/25 @ Nebraska
    10/2 @ UNI
    10/9 Western Illinois
    10/16 @ Southern Illinois
    10/23 Youngstown
    10/30 @ Indiana St
    11/6 Missouri St
    11/13 @ NDSU
    Last edited by mitchell; 01-02-2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
      From the media guide:

9/11 @ Delaware
      9/18 Illinois St
      9/25 @ Nebraska
      10/2 @ UNI
      10/9 Western Illinois
      10/23 Youngstown
      10/30 @ Indiana St
      11/6 Missouri St
      11/13 NDSU
      That is one heck of a way to start a season Jacks. I thought we had it tough with games @Kansas and @UNI to start the season out...At least you get WIU between games @UNI and @SIU.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
        That is one heck of a way to start a season Jacks. I thought we had it tough with games @Kansas and @UNI to start the season out...At least you get WIU between games @UNI and @SIU.
        do we have another game somewhere? or is 10 the limit?

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          I figured we would be going to NDSU next fall?

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
            I figured we would be going to NDSU next fall?
            My mistake, the game is @ NDSU. I'll edit my previous post.

Comment

do we have another game somewhere? or is 10 the limit?
              We will be playing another game but it hasn't been decided yet. It will most likely be against a poor team since we already have a tough schedule. That's why people were speculating that we would play USD this year but adding a hyped up rivalry game to that schedule would be tough on the team.

Comment

We will be playing another game but it hasn't been decided yet. It will most likely be against a poor team since we already have a tough schedule. That's why people were speculating that we would play USD this year but adding a hyped up rivalry game to that schedule would be tough on the team.
                do u think it would be on the 20th of november or the 4th of sept? My guess would be the 20th of nov

Comment

Is Delaware a FCS school?

Comment

Is Delaware a FCS school?
                    ...though they've slipped a bit lately, Delaware is traditionally an FCS powerhouse. Our road schedule next year is brutal.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      ...though they've slipped a bit lately, Delaware is traditionally an FCS powerhouse. Our road schedule next year is brutal.
                      Saw they were 6-5 this past fall with losses to navy and to villanova. This will be one of the toughest schedules SDSU has ever had in my opinion.

Comment

do u think it would be on the 20th of november or the 4th of sept? My guess would be the 20th of nov
                        lets play a poor team.. How bout USD????? UNI 66 USD 7

Comment

lets play a poor team.. How bout USD????? UNI 66 USD 7
                          If you want to get banned, smack in non-smack sections is an excellent way to do it.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

From the media guide:

9/11 @ Delaware
                            9/18 Illinois St
                            9/25 @ Nebraska
                            10/2 @ UNI
                            10/9 Western Illinois
                            10/23 Youngstown
                            10/30 @ Indiana St
                            11/6 Missouri St
                            11/13 @ NDSU
                            Four of the first six are very tough road games. The home games are conference games so they won't be easy. It could easily be a 2-4 team with a 2-2 conference record heading into Hobo Day. No conference championship and likely no playoff at-large bid. If we could pick up a road conference win, 3-3 with a 3-1 conference record would be huge in getting a shot at the conference championship and back to the playoffs.

It may be a lingering Meltdown hangover, but with this road schedule I don't see an at-large playoff bid. I expect Nebraska to be a loss, and I think it would be unreasonable to expect a sweep of UNI & SIU on the road, Delaware is a long road trip to open the season. NDSU on the road will not be a cakewalk, but I think we should be able to pull it out. A win at Indiana St puts the road record 3-3 for the season, sweep our home games and it is 7-3 and most likely no better than 3rd in conference. If we don't split with UNI & SIU, there is no way we get an at-large bid even if we knock off Delaware as we would finish too far down in the conference.

So, we could easily have a team finish 6-4 and out of the playoffs and still be a better team than the one that made it too the playoffs this year. It is a brutal schedule, and if that happens, I hope we don't have people calling for coaching changes (expect we will).

Ain't it cool to be thinking playoff possibilities 11 months from now in FOOTBALL!!!!!!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              If you want to get banned, smack in non-smack sections is an excellent way to do it.
                              Guess you haven't been around much smack if u considered that smack super moderator.UNI beating USD 66-7-that is FACT, not smack.

Comment

Working...
                              X