Luke Meadows / Northern State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Luke Meadows / Northern State

Successful head coaches have their assistants prepared to become head coaches. That is why there are coaching carousels. Somebody is always being replaced. If Luke gets the NSU job, I believe it speaks volumes for Luke, Stig, and SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
      Successful head coaches have their assistants prepared to become head coaches. That is why there are coaching carousels. Somebody is always being replaced. If Luke gets the NSU job, I believe it speaks volumes for Luke, Stig, and SDSU.
      My prediction is this- Meadows will take the job at Northern Whenever Stig resigns at SDSU Meadows to come back and be the head guy in Jackrabbit land.. He might feel he needs head coaching expereience to get that offer.. Northern was 2-8 last fall.. No where to go but up

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
        My prediction is this- Meadows will take the job at Northern Whenever Stig resigns at SDSU Meadows to come back and be the head guy in Jackrabbit land.. He might feel he needs head coaching expereience to get that offer.. Northern was 2-8 last fall.. No where to go but up
        SpeedRabbit you are either on something or on to something. Either way I like it!

That would make a lot of sense.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
          SpeedRabbit you are either on something or on to something. Either way I like it!

That would make a lot of sense.

SUPERBUNNY
          Not on anything.. You just remember this prediction and if/when it comes true I'm heading to be an analyst on ESPN!!! (-;

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
            Not on anything.. You just remember this prediction and if/when it comes true I'm heading to be an analyst on ESPN!!! (-;
            Umm... I believe the qualifications of an ESPN analysis requires you to know as little as possible about the sport and the teams you cover, and this does not seem to be the case for you Mr. Speedrabbit!

If you want to test yourself to make sure, answer this question:
            If you see a team wearing blue and yellow uniforms, has the intials of SDSU, and their is snow on the ground, what school are you covering?

If you answered South Dakota State University, you are NOT qualified to be an ESPN analyst! The correct answer is San Diego State University (though we would have accepted San Jose State as well), for this "snow" stuff could only appear in the frozen waste land that is Southern California!
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

IF Meadows leaves what is the possibility that Kalen DeBoer comes in to replace him? I have a friend who is pretty well connected to the USF program and said there are rumors that both NDSU and SDSU are looking at DeBoer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                Umm... I believe the qualifications of an ESPN analysis requires you to know as little as possible about the sport and the teams you cover, and this does not seem to be the case for you Mr. Speedrabbit!

If you want to test yourself to make sure, answer this question:
                If you see a team wearing blue and yellow uniforms, has the intials of SDSU, and their is snow on the ground, what school are you covering?

If you answered South Dakota State University, you are NOT qualified to be an ESPN analyst! The correct answer is San Diego State University (though we would have accepted San Jose State as well), for this "snow" stuff could only appear in the frozen waste land that is Southern California!
                Thought San Diego State was red/black?? I'll forget the thought of going to ESPN CMon MAN

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                  IF Meadows leaves what is the possibility that Kalen DeBoer comes in to replace him? I have a friend who is pretty well connected to the USF program and said there are rumors that both NDSU and SDSU are looking at DeBoer.
                  I don't think that would happen. USF is moving to D2 and he already has 5 seasons as a head coach. I just don't see him leaving to be a OC. I don't know how much he makes at USF, but would think it is more then what Meadows makes.

Comment

The pay would be comparable. Again, this is coming from someone pretty well connected to the USF program. Just sayin.....

He would be a great guy to bring in and let Stig groom. But I think Stig has alot of coaching left and I figure DeBoer would want a HC job before that.

Comment

If we could take anyone from USF I think it should be Kurtiss Riggs as after Bailey left I don't think we had a Quarterbacks Coach. He just signed an extension as the Storm Coach so it's not likely. http://www.usfcougars.com/mens-sport...am=76&coach=26

Comment

I do believe Clint Brown is the current recruiting coordinator for the Jacks.
                        Brown brings nearly 15 years of collegiate coaching experience to his roles of defensive line coach, co-defensive coordinator and recruiting coordinator for the Jackrabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                          I hate bringing logic onto the chat board, but here goes. I'd follow this speculation with "why wouldn't he?". He's had great success at USF at the NAIA level, but the move to DII comes with some major handcuffs. For a smart coach he may see the future and have a gut feeling that the move to DII will be tough on the program and might hurt his standing and reputation as a successful coach. So, in order to "move up" he needs to "move down". So, if Coach DeBoer has higher aspirations he may want to jump at the chance to move to a good FCS school in a Coordinator role and build some cred that way at an NCAA school, rather than slogging through it at USF as a new NCAA school. Makes perfect sense to me if he'd make the move to either SDSU or NDSU if given the opportunity.

My only knock on DeBoer is that from reading his bio his only coaching experience is at USF. I tend to prefer coaches with a few stops to gather different experiences.

Regardless, until there's an announcement on the NSU job, Meadows is still at SDSU and I have no speculation on anything.
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

My take: They'd be crazy NOT to offer the job to Coach Meadows.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

So what do we think if he does not get the job? Seems the other coaches are more then quialified also, and Northern only has up to go. So is it a slight if Meadows does not get the job? I would be happy for him if he would get the job. Id be happy if he stays, but if he does not get the offer, is that a good or bad thing?
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                So what do we think if he does not get the job? Seems the other coaches are more then quialified also, and Northern only has up to go. So is it a slight if Meadows does not get the job? I would be happy for him if he would get the job. Id be happy if he stays, but if he does not get the offer, is that a good or bad thing?
                                It means nothing. NSU is going to make the choice that best fits everything on their campus. Sometimes the first choice is not hired because they can not agree on salary or other matters. Each hiring is unique and it does not always reflect on those who are not hired. Unless you are on a committee or real close to the adminstration, the details are seldom known.

Comment

Working...
                                X