X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Luke Meadows / Northern State

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
    Nooooo!!!!

Sorry, bit strong on the response. Breske was a finalist for the job when Stig was hired. Actually was the #1 candidate until he blew off his interview after UNC won their NC. He's a good guy iwth SDSU ties, but I don't see him being a good fit for Stig's staff. Too strong of a personality.
    Heard some funny stories about Breske and an interview on campus.

Someone mentioned earlier about Doschs in the Aberdeen area. Terry Dosch has been the head coach at Aberdeen Roncalli for 25 years now. Don't know if he is related to Tom Dosch or not.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
      Heard some funny stories about Breske and an interview on campus.
      Written word does not do my funniest experience with him during the interview process justice. Reference to a puckered sphincter on gameday...I think that was the sign that he wasn't seriously considering taking the job.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        yes, that team would probably be a top 10 team in D-II, the problem is they don't get that team in D-II...... you have scholarship limits, you have NCAA rules, not saying that everybody on USF's team can't cut it in the classroom but between classroom criteria, recruiting criteria and scholarship limits I think USF has more problems then some might think.... I just don't see Kalen leaving for an assistant job unless the pay was that much higher or like I said he was promised a head job there in so many years.....
        What schollie limits? No split schollies? And I think they'll be fine in the classroom...they don't seem to have a bunch of ogres. Also, they are very well funded.

I think Kalen gets around 50k per year.

Comment

I've talked to at least 10 players who hope that he leaves because they weren't happy with how he called the games this year. I'm not sure I agree with this, but I'm just reporting what quite a few current players are saying. I have heard Gant staying or leaving hinges on if Meadows is gone or not.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Ten players is likely to be the number of guys that weren't happy with playing time or the way Meadows has dealt with them. I have no idea of what's going on inside the team but I'd guess you could include Gant in that group.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
              What schollie limits? No split schollies? And I think they'll be fine in the classroom...they don't seem to have a bunch of ogres. Also, they are very well funded.

NSIC Max is 24 - They are at the NAIA max right now of 36. They will actually need to drop 12 scholarships(football) in order be compliant in the NSIC. There are many things you can do in NAIA that are not allowed in NCAA - There is no eligibility window in NAIA, the academics standards are much lower, recruiting guidelines much stricter, etc. To be honest, the governing body of NAIA is dang near nonexistent in many of the policies that arise at NCAA.

I can see this move up being quite a chore for USF. Mary moved up to D2 a couple years ago and at the time had a football program a notch lower than USF was - They had 5 wins this year, and I really wouldn't consider the NSIC to be a strong football conference. They are in the same boat as USF - in order to make the move, they actually needed to drop scholarships, which has to make it harder to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                I've talked to at least 10 players who hope that he leaves because they weren't happy with how he called the games this year. I'm not sure I agree with this, but I'm just reporting what quite a few current players are saying. I have heard Gant staying or leaving hinges on if Meadows is gone or not.
                If true don't let the door hit you on the way out gentleman.

Comment

I'd be surprised if the number wasn't higher...
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                    I'd be surprised if the number wasn't higher...
                    was this Coach Meadows first year calling plays? I think that when you get a new guy calling plays and running the whole offense you are going to see people upset it just happens....

as far as NAIA it is a lot different.... I never said that USF kids were idiots I just said that the standards are a lot different when it comes to the NCAA..... like how a lot of their athletes are 2 sport athletes and can get scholarships in a different area and not have it count against your limit....

I still think Chuck Morrell is the prize of that staff though.... he's turned some good athletes into great football players....

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post

In fairness to USF, there are a lot of great kids and excellent students on that team who won't have any trouble with the NCAA compliance standards. But historically, USF has also had a group of, um... let's say "troubled" or perhaps "journeyman" players who somehow wind up there and often are big contributors. Think FCS and FBS guys who either got in trouble or couldn't make grades elsewhere. Those kinds of guys will no longer be an option for them.

And don't discount the impact of dropping 12 scholarships. That's no joke.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I'd like to know the 10 players??? Someone is always going to whine about the playcalling-if they the 10 players don't like it then transfer! I would help them pack!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think this thread is going places it should not go. I refuse to contribute to where its going and maybe its because I have no knowledge of USF football or the 10 unhappy players. If the mods have their key handy go ahead and make my day.

Comment

IMO, it doesn't matter if 50 players hope he leaves. This is college football, not professional football. The coaches run the team in college, not the players.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I agree with all of you. I'm just saying what I've been hearing from friends I have on the team. My experience with Meadows has been positive, but there are a pretty good group of players that wouldn't be sad to see him leave. Yes, a lot of it does have to do with playing time imo. But they are saying it has more to do with how he managed the offensive playcalling this year.
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I agree with all of you. I'm just saying what I've been hearing from friends I have on the team. My experience with Meadows has been positive, but there are a pretty good group of players that wouldn't be sad to see him leave. Yes, a lot of it does have to do with playing time imo. But they are saying it has more to do with how he managed the offensive playcalling this year.
                                Playing time is simple" if u don't like it, then just get better"!

Comment

Working...
                                X