Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Luke Meadows / Northern State

Originally posted by from the cheap seats View Post
    I wish people would understand the it was meadows that was running the offense last year also. So all the talk about don bailey running and leaving late only mattered to who coached QB and nothing with the offense. In my observation this is the same offense we ran in 2006 with karodes at QB or at least very similar so nothing new was brought here with bailey.
    I was the one shooting my mouth off about Bailey in the week following the Montana game and I am very regretful for those comments. I was informed in a a private message that Bailey's departure might have been a blessing. If you look at his bio he spent six years at Montana State with Mike Kramer, who did win the BSC three times, but also had a program completely different than what we have under Coach Stig. You only have to google Mike Kramer and Montana State and you get the full story. What Bailey's role was in the negatives at Montana State is unknown, but I am now surprised that Stig took a chance on him. Thats all I am going to say.

Comment

i wish coach meadows the best if he leaves. he made a difference already here at SDSU!

Comment

Tom Dosch has been named new Head Coach at Northern State.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
          Tom Dosch has been named new Head Coach at Northern State.
          Good news for SDSU. I glad we can keep our assistants. I think Luke has done a great job in the recruiting part of his job. I don't think we have any question marks in that area. Play calling? I am happy. Stopping a run away train is not easy job for anyone. We were just one pick away from making it into the next round of the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Good news for SDSU. I glad we can keep our assistants. I think Luke has done a great job in the recruiting part of his job. I don't think we have any question marks in that area. Play calling? I am happy. Stopping a run away train is not easy job for anyone. We were just one pick away from making it into the next round of the playoffs.
            Coach Meadows has done a great job and will continue to do so. Happy to still have him on our team- disappointed for him if he really wanted the job at Northern.

Comment

It is my understanding that he was offered the job but turned it down.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                It is my understanding that he was offered the job but turned it down.
                TV mentioned in the chat today that he pulled out before Northern had made a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
                  TV mentioned in the chat today that he pulled out before Northern had made a decision.
                  what tv station would that be?

Comment

Argus Leader reporter Terry Vandrovec
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

• Re: Luke Meadows / Northern State

That doesn't surprise me. Not quite the level of AJ's situation, but still a return to SDSU which is a good sign.

Comment

Now the SCHOOL NEEDS to find a way to pay these guys!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          Now the SCHOOL NEEDS to find a way to pay these guys!
                          Yes very much the situation.

Comment

We need either a booster club which will pony up additional funds or we need an athletic department that brings in enough money that it can afford to pay coaches out of the athletic coffers as opposed to using state and/or school funds. (Caveat: I'm not sure if SDSU is set up where the latter is even an option)

Sorry for the thread drift.

As for a second drift - I took a hiatus from the board specifically because of how well the football team was doing this year. As a superstitious person (only in athletic activities) I did not want to jinx the team. I had some things with work and family that kept me busy the first part of the season and away from time to get on the board. That snowballed into the team doing really well. Years previously the team got off to rotten starts. My participation in the board may or may not have had anything to do with that (on a karmic level), but I wasn't going to risk it this season. Dumb? Probably. Read my signature line and that pretty much sums it up.
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                              As for a second drift - I took a hiatus from the board specifically because of how well the football team was doing this year. As a superstitious person (only in athletic activities) I did not want to jinx the team. I had some things with work and family that kept me busy the first part of the season and away from time to get on the board. That snowballed into the team doing really well. Years previously the team got off to rotten starts. My participation in the board may or may not have had anything to do with that (on a karmic level), but I wasn't going to risk it this season. Dumb? Probably. Read my signature line and that pretty much sums it up.
                              I figured it had something to do with superstition. You are one wacky dude MJA.

Good to have you back.

Comment

Working...
                              X