Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations Jacks! Welcome to Griz Country!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congratulations Jacks!

Originally posted by LakeGriz View Post
    I had to step away from the keyboard for a minute after this one.

Need to remember not to let message board personas rent space in my head.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

The Colonial and its five bids last year, including a 7-4 team.
      What're the records of the three Big Sky playoff teams?

---signed, "God isn't that good looking"

Comment

Re: Congratulations Jacks! Welcome to Griz Country!

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
        There is no rule that you have to schedule an FBS game. Montana doesn't need the money so why would they.

Fact is they won the conference that got 3 teams into the playoffs. Who was our best win? UNI?

I would have loved to see the Jacks host a game or have a better matchup but the FCS playoffs are only run a step above the DII playoffs. We are always going to be close to Montana, we better get used to playing there now.
        If we want to win, and prove ourselves, I agree. If we didnt have to play them first round, well if we wanted to keep winning we would prolly eventually have to go through them. A good test for both teams. I dont care if we never would play the empty(MT) school again, as long as its play offs. Its funny they are too selfish or afraid to leave the home confinement. Then again, if it was us, I wouldnt blame them for buying out games and such, just makes it hard for fans to think highly of a team who wont return a game.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Congrats, Jackrabbits, on your playoff berth! Go do the conference proud and may the best team win!

I know there are some bitter Bison fans out there, but just because you are our rival doesn't mean that I won't be rooting for you in every other game. That said, I kind of like the Griz too. Hope nobody gets injured and the winner takes the Championship!

Comment

You have some guys concerned with ethics ...

What are the ethics of hiring an excellent basketball player's dad to come work at your college?

So throw the first stone...

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Its funny they are too selfish or afraid to leave the home confinement.
              I really don't get where this type of thinking comes from... The Griz have one year this decade where they didn't play a road game in their non-conference regular season schedule.

2000: @Idaho (FBS) 45-38 (W)
              2000: @Cal St. Northridge 34-30 (W)
              2001: @Cal Poly 31-17 (W)
              2001: @Hawaii (FBS) 12-30 (L)
              2002: @Hofstra 21-0 (W)
              2002: @Idaho (FBS) 38-31 (W)
              2003: @Maine 31-20 (W)
              2004: @Sam Houston St. 29-41 (L)
              2005: @Oregon 14-47 (L)
              2006: @Iowa 7-41 (L)
              2008: @Cal Poly 30-28 (W)
              2009: @UC Davis 17-10 (W)

8-4 on the road in non-conference regular season games this decade...with 1 loss to an FCS team, 3 losses to FBS teams (Hawaii, Oregon and Iowa). 2 wins against FBS teams, and 6 wins against FCS teams.

Yeah..obviously this decade the Griz are afraid to go on the road to play teams

Comment

ps -- god isn't that homely.

Comment

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...612#post136612

Comment

thought perhaps I'd need to wear goggles and a mask to deflect the acid.
                    Don't think they'd help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juFZh92MUOY

Comment

Originally posted by GrizMonster View Post
                      No one schedules an FBS team to test the mettle of their team, or show how good they are. They schedule them because they need the money. Plain and simple. Montana makes more money with a home game than they would with an FBS game. Its really that straightforward.
                      I agree 100% and I hope in a few years, after hopefully a major facelift to our stadium, we can make the money situation close enough to where we don't have to go to Nebraska or Minnesota every year...maybe every other.

Thanks for coming to the board GrizMonster. I always love it when opposing teams stop by for a little insight and chat. I agree that I am none too happy w/ the Montana program. But again, THAT IS NOTHING AGAINST YOU OR ANY OF THE MONTANA FANS. So, stick around.

Happy Holidays to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Potomac Griz View Post
                        I really don't get where this type of thinking comes from... The Griz have one year this decade where they didn't play a road game in their non-conference regular season schedule.

2000: @Idaho (FBS) 45-38 (W)
                        2000: @Cal St. Northridge 34-30 (W)
                        2001: @Cal Poly 31-17 (W)
                        2001: @Hawaii (FBS) 12-30 (L)
                        2002: @Hofstra 21-0 (W)
                        2002: @Idaho (FBS) 38-31 (W)
                        2003: @Maine 31-20 (W)
                        2004: @Sam Houston St. 29-41 (L)
                        2005: @Oregon 14-47 (L)
                        2006: @Iowa 7-41 (L)
                        2008: @Cal Poly 30-28 (W)
                        2009: @UC Davis 17-10 (W)

8-4 on the road in non-conference regular season games this decade...with 1 loss to an FCS team, 3 losses to FBS teams (Hawaii, Oregon and Iowa). 2 wins against FBS teams, and 6 wins against FCS teams.

Yeah..obviously this decade the Griz are afraid to go on the road to play teams
                        If your confident in your team, which is sounds like you are, and you should be, they have been a top team for many years. Ask your Administration to Take a chance to do return games, not just pay games. I see you have played a few, but how many have they bought out also? If your not afraid to take teams on at home, why not take them on on the road.

EDIT: I dont mean for it to sound bad, Its not smack. Just an SDSU fan who thinks when you make a contract to play agame, you should commit to it. I dont like it when we do it either, or any team does. Just seems the griz are masters of that.
                        Last edited by goon; 11-23-2009, 04:25 PM. Reason: additional comment
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          If your confident in your team, which is sounds like you are, and you should be, they have been a top team for many years. Ask your Administration to Take a chance to do return games, not just pay games. I see you have played a few, but how many have they bought out also? If your not afraid to take teams on at home, why not take them on on the road.

It made financial sense to buy out the SDSU game. In case you didn't know, the Griz athletic program was recovering from being in the red pretty deep... I honestly don't know when that finally ended, but that may have been part of the reason for the buyout. 50k to buy it out and get a home game that brings in several hundreds of thousands sounds like a good idea if you are trying to recover from financial issues.

As far as I know, the only games that have been bought out were one with Cal Poly (who we've played on the road a couple times since then) and the one with SDSU. There may be more.. I don't know. Would I have preferred that the Griz played SDSU in 2007? Yep... The FT Lewis State at home game wasn't exactly a thriller... :P

The purpose of my post was basically to prove that the argument that the Griz do not play road games and are afraid to is not a valid argument. Every year this decade except for one we've played one or two. We've also done pretty well in those road games, with the exception of a couple beatings by top 25 FBS teams.

Comment

As far as buying out the SDSU game. I really have no problem w/ it, happens all the time. Now, if Montana did it intentionally then I might have a problem. We should learn our lesson. A 50k buyout for a team that draws great at home is silly.

Why does everyone get so worked up? Flatlanders? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Potomac Griz View Post
                              I'm pretty sure what he meant was in a previous post by him where he said "more wins in this decade than any other D1 team.". The source for that was a press release from the Big Sky Conference last week I believe.
                              Works for me! Stats are fun facts when quoted properly. I mess them up all the time too!
                              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Why all the hostility Rabbit Fans? You average about 13,000 in attendance per game and the Griz average over 22,000...couple that with an 11-0 record and you're wondering why they are hosting a first round game..? Good luck on your travel out of the sagebrush to God's country..

Comment

Working...
                                X