Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations Jacks! Welcome to Griz Country!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congratulations Jacks! Welcome to Griz Country!

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
    I notice the Montana fans seem to think they came over here patting us on the back and we, in turn, bit their hand. Funny how people can percieve things.
    Actually, there were a few nibbles taken. First poster was sincere, but discussion quickly changed away from the game and the snowball effect from both sides. Both sides are a little defensive regarding their team and are trying to get the other side to believe their team is good. I think we can all agree both teams are good since they are in the playoffs.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by LakeGriz View Post
      You never heard any noise from me about three from the Sky.
      Your argument that "east coast bias" exists was the Colonial getting a 7-4 team in the playoffs. Something that is contradicted by the Big Sky conference getting a 7-4 team in the playoffs.

Comment

I think you're probably right bub94....looking back, seems a few Jacks fans jumped on the Montana PROGRAM. They didn't get personal w/ the people posting for Montana but they take shots at the Montana program. It's not surprising that the Griz people would come to their teams defense.

I honestly don't think there are certain schools w/ more bad fans than others. I get a kick how every school thinks their rival fans are just the worst fans in the country. I think we're all about the same....85% good and gracious fans and 15% who take it personal and can't seperate themselves or step back and realize it's not life and death.

Let's just all be gracious. At the end of the day, we're from basically the same part of the country (I wouldn't live anyhere outside of the upper midwest for anything) and we're a small portion of the country that is passionate about FCS football.

Comment

If you recall something about CAA getting FIVE teams in the playoffs and the FIFTH team was 7-4. Five teams means the auto bid and four at-large -- half the at-large field.

As I said, you never heard any huzzahs from me about the Sky getting a third team in this year's playoffs -- the 7-4 team.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeGriz View Post
            If you recall something about CAA getting FIVE teams in the playoffs and the FIFTH team was 7-4.
            Big deal. By your earlier logic Maine deserved the bid, as Maine lost only 3 games to FCS schools while Elon lost 4. Same logic for preferring Maine over SDSU & Montana State.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Never mind what a decision might mean for all involved as long as its the best thing for you. Kind of like that?

Integrity and Montana athletics, things that will likely never be associated. If Montana alums and students are okay with that then we should be to.

Other than those little issues, you're right, we should stop being so proud that our program places a value on integrity and just play with the hand we're dealt. The University of Montana is much more important than South Dakota State University anyways.

OK, time to lock this thread?
              So Montana makes the call to benefit just them. So they have to schedule a home game, well, we have to find a new opp. now. even if we can get a home game, Our attendence is better when we play better team so even though you bought us for for a little money, we still may have lost out on the potential income from playing a big team at home compared to a lesser team. But as long as it benifits MT who cares what happens to anyone else.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                So Montana makes the call to benefit just them. So they have to schedule a home game, well, we have to find a new opp. now. even if we can get a home game, Our attendence is better when we play better team so even though you bought us for for a little money, we still may have lost out on the potential income from playing a big team at home compared to a lesser team. But as long as it benifits MT who cares what happens to anyone else.
                First off, I realize that it's just a small minority that are like this, and are always looking for something to whine about... but holy crap people... The 15% or so that are most vocal here are very accomplished whiners. I've honestly never seen whining of this magnitude before. It's pretty impressive...and actually getting a bit hard to follow, so hopefully in this list below I didn't miss a whine session or two about other topics involving the Griz.

You guys whine about the Griz never playing on the road in non-conference regular season... The Griz fans on here show you all that what you are saying is false (only 1 year this decade the Griz didn't have a road non-conference regular season game).

So then there's whining about the Big Sky getting 3 teams in, like it really has anything to do with the Griz.. Sorry, but Bobby Hauck didn't call up the selection crew and slip them a couple hundred dollar bills to put Weber in the playoffs...

Then you whine about the fake punt / fg...yet leave out the fact that your own coach called a timeout when the Griz were trying to run out the clock.. What did the Griz do after they got the first down on the fake punt? They ran out the clock instead of running up the score.

Now you are back to whining about the buyout again? You make it sound like the Griz do this type of thing all the time, but don't actually have any facts to back up your statements. Maybe the person you should be whining to is your own AD for allowing a contact to be signed that had a buyout option?

It's interesting how when a few Griz fans try to defend their program and point out the many inaccuracies of what's being said, many here act all surprised and some of it gets labeled as smack? Here's an idea..go back to the beginning of this thread and see who fired the first shots in this thread that started out as a "Congratulations" to the Jacks...

I hope the few of you who seem incredibly butt hurt about a large variety of things involving the Griz eventually get the chip off your shoulder when you come out here to watch the game. Who knows...you might actually have some fun and realize the two fan bases aren't all that different. It's just football folks..

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                  I think you might want to check some stats there buddy. D1 encompasses FBS and FCS. I can't find your overall record but I doubt you have 877 wins in D1 play.

I see this hasn't let up since I left the internet. And no, I didn't say of all time..read the whole thing I said this decade...which is true. Boise State and Oklahoma are second.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                    Exactly...but we're the big, mean, hostile ones. How many negative comments does this make now about where we live. For the record, someone from Montana is giving someone from Sioux Falls grief for where they live? That's a good one. And why so many comments about that? Are a certain group of people sensitive about where they reside...a little paranoid perhaps? I've always thought it was best to go to another teams board w/ your hat in your hands. Do whatever you want on your own board, but when you're a guest you should show a little respect.

I notice the Montana fans seem to think they came over here patting us on the back and we, in turn, bit their hand. Funny how people can percieve things.
                    I did come over here patting your backs, and telling you congratulations. Then the worm turned. In fact...read the first post of this thread...that I started...right after I found out about the announcement. Funny how people can perceive things.

Comment

• Re: Congratulations Jacks! Welcome to Griz Country!

First, to set the record straight (my error): Maine, the 5th CAA team into the 2008 playoffs, actually was 8-4 rather than 7-4. That said...

Were I the god of the selection committee, I wouldn't have taken either of the 4-loss teams; I would have taken Fla A&M, unless they were ineligible for trying to return from IA liftoff. Or maybe I would have gone with Liberty at 10-2 or San Diego at 9-2 (and they would have equalled the 16th seed) -- just to demonstrate that they didn't belong and silence some folks.

In fact, I wasn't making a case this year for either Weebs or your No. Iowa.

And as for 2008, making no case for Maine or anybody else with 4 or more losses.

If you're going to fill half the at-large with teams from one conference ... I think the committee should have done better than a four-loss team.

Period.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Didn't you end up playing N. Iowa instead? What everyone here fails to realize, is that NCAA Football is a business (Just like the NFL). If these schools weren't turning a profit, college football would be non existent. This has nothing to do with integrity, its not like your neighbor did you a favor, so you do them one...This is the NCAA, it was a business decision that any AD worth his salt would make to cover a deficit. Once you guys get a big enough fan base, and I am pretty sure you will, you will probably do the same thing. AD's want to make money, The NCAA wants to make money, COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS ABOUT MAKING MONEY. That is why there is a contract involved, with a buyout clause. Your hatred is misguided. If anything, be pissed off that College Football is big business. Once it starts to lose money, the program is cut, if it is profitable (like U of M) it becomes a powerhouse. How do you become a powerhouse? Make money, promote your program, win games consistently..

Comment

Jeez Griz Fans, I didn't realize the internet was such serious business. Really feel the need to "correct" everyone? That's what is getting quite old, considering the banner at the top of this internet site still says SDSUfans.com.

If you want to really talk about football go to the other thread and let this die. If you are here to troll, then I guess, keep enjoying yourselves.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I would just like to let all the Jack posters complaining about Grizzly Athletics know that going forward I, as a fan, am willing to take any advice you have and use all of my lobbying powers to make sure our program conforms to how you would like to see it all happen.

There that was easy. Used every single one of my last powers and exercised all of my influence.

Done and done.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportin' Life View Post
                              I would just like to let all the Jack posters complaining about Grizzly Athletics know that going forward I, as a fan, am willing to take any advice you have and use all of my lobbying powers to make sure our program conforms to how you would like to see it all happen.

There that was easy. Used every single one of my last powers and exercised all of my influence.

Done and done.

Hope that helps.
                              1st order of business for your duties of ensuring conformity - keep Reynolds and Mariani on the sideline on Saturday.

2nd order of business - Take some of these trolls back to egriz with you. Not meaning you should leave, but when you do decide to move back toward there, encourage they join you.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                                1st order of business for your duties of ensuring conformity - keep Reynolds and Mariani on the sideline on Saturday.

2nd order of business - Take some of these trolls back to egriz with you. Not meaning you should leave, but when you do decide to move back toward there, encourage they join you.

Second the second emotion. About 30 percent of the posts on here have been so-called Griz fans whining about perceived whining from a few Jacks' fans. Boooooooooring...

Comment

Working...
                                X