Gopher Game TV Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gopher Game TV Coverage

listening to Stig in the post game, this is the fired up coach that i didnt hear last week. thats the fire and confidence and swagger we need to hear that gets the players feeling fired up that they had chances that just were out of there grasp. we hurt ourselves a lot but were so close. a few different plays, a few caught balls, better snaps and we win this game. we didnt do it but its there for us to take it we want it.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

More experience at QB & better WRs will open the passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
        Bad execution, but Oh My Gosh, we actually show some creativeness on Offense. I am getting ready to hear the Aw shucks we are vanilla and we need to execute and blah blah blah. I know some will point back to how successful we were against inferior competition. That's the point - they were inferior competition. We are 1-2 against good competition. We face a good defense and we look pretty poor. We really should have won this game with the opportunities we got. I don't want to hear we were competitive against an FBS school BLAH BLAH BLAH. I know Stig will say we should have won this game, and he will be right. But what is he doing to correct our deficiencies on Offense. Bottom line - we are not getting it done. We have to take some chances. How many times did we run the Flash? I think that formation has so many unexpected (for us) permutations we can run from it. I still respect the coaching staff and the solid, respectable team/young men they put on the field - but I really feel that they lack in going out of the box when required. Our offense has been putrid against good defenses (caveat - Decent game against UNI). What have we done to adjust - or - maybe I am expecting too much from our team and they just can't win man vs man. Personally, I think it is much less the later. Our D kicked ass today. So proud of them. Season is not over, let's win next week and take some MO into the (expected) playoffs. Then....let's throw some twists into the O that takes advantage of what good Defenses expect us to do.
        For all the things that the Gophers lack, their defense has been fairly decent all season long. What have we seen this year from the Flash formation that makes eveyone think we should run it more?

The defense played well, the offense struggled. We expected both to happen. But, for a team that was 12.5 point underdogs to have a chance to win shows that the team was able to bounce back from a terrible performance against SIU.

Time to end the regular season with a win and head west to win a playoff game...
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I guess I feel about as good about a 16-13 road loss as it's possible to feel.

We started a redshirt freshman QB against a team that had 22 more scholarship athletes than we did. For most of the game we played even with them or maybe a bit better than even. A Big 10 team was unable to score an offensive touchdown on our defense.

A couple of mistakes and plays not made were the difference between winning and losing--like so often.

But those mistakes were made, and those plays were not made. So, we lost the game.

I liked what Stig said--let this game hurt for a while, then move on.

The focus now needs to be coming out next week and soundly beating Western Illinois and finishing the regular season 8-3.

When this season began, I think most fans would have been pretty happy with an 8-3 season record. It's a reflection of how good this team has been at times this year that we've gotten a bit greedy, as the season has progressed--to the point where we could reasonably think the Jacks could walk into a BCS school's home stadium and walk out with a win.

It's not entirely a bad thing to be a bit greedy.

Let's go 1-0 next Saturday, and let things happen from there.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Zoo, I agree with you about experience at QB, but will take a different tangeant on "better" wide receivers. I think we need one faster receiver that makes the safety play honest at all times for fear that he will turn it deep. The receivers we have are pretty sure handed but can't stretch the field without more help from the Oline with that extra second of protection.

Comment

Well, I guess we know how Gonzaga WBB fans felt last night.

Comment

missuri state has SIU tied early 7-7, hope the bears can do what we couldnt, I have no doubt in my mind that the coaching staff will at some point notice its not just execution but the plays they are trying to excute. if we had anything to open up in the play book it would have been the last 2 weeks so I hope they see that they could bring in a few changes to the plays and give the team something more to work with, our receivers cant make a play when they are only runnin out slants taht the D is pressing on and jump on the throw cuz we dont have a check down. the run cant get a good push when the D sees a run formation. I only saw the first half before i went to work, did not seee any play action, or pump fake to make the DB or safeties bite, no, flash to give the D line something else to consider, nothing but tradition conservative play calling. I am hoping this does not sound like Im bashing the coaching staff, I trust them, and they are doing what they feel gives them the best chance to win, but is it the coaching staff that we lost the last few years and not bringing in a full staff that is hurting us with what our options are.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

No negativity from me...i saw our defense play the way stig said they would at the begining of the year and i saw the offence play the way stig said they would at the begining of the year. We held a big 10 school out of the endzone and the offence got us in scoring position but we missed a couple field goals.

Hell...i am proud to be a jackrabbit today! :d

Comment

We need a touch more speed, but we will be competative in most games.
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                      Zoo, I agree with you about experience at QB, but will take a different tangeant on "better" wide receivers. I think we need one faster receiver that makes the safety play honest at all times for fear that he will turn it deep. The receivers we have are pretty sure handed but can't stretch the field without more help from the Oline with that extra second of protection.
                      The O-line -should- be better next year (losing the pro prospects, but gaining depth).

Biggest help would be a receiver that draws double coverage. That would -really- open the field for O'Brien next year. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen.

It'll be another season of 'bust 'em up the middle and wear 'em out' football. Which, you know, put SDSU in a position to win at Minnesota, put them in the Top Ten for a couple weeks, etc. etc.

Comment

with the Oline potential we have, we should be able to really hold our own running, I dont see us pulling line mean for off tackle runs, we just try to open up holes in the middle for the RB to power through, we have good enough recievers that can do more the 5 yard routes, we have a few tight ends that can be used in different situations, but we are not using the weapons we have, not sure what the problem is. Im happy with how the D was, they were amazing, wouldnt have a complaint at all, the blitz is killing teams when we do that, its exciting watching our D. kick return was great punt return we had good and bad but i feel those were more of a fluke then bad play. we showed we were the better team i think, just need to turn that corner and prove it with a win agaist a good team.

Comment

SIU up 27 7 second quarter

Comment

Defense played a great game today. The pressure on the QB was there all game. Special teams.....wow. I can almost understand the pooch kick-off at the end of the game.

Was really not impressed with the offense the first half. Passing game was horrible. Red zone offense is really in need of a make-over. Take the ball over on the 6 yard line and throw an interception on the second play. TOB played good in the second half but they really need to teach him and the other QBs to not look down one receiver, unless they are correctly going to run a pump fake. And I should place some of the blame on the poor snaps from center. That's 2 weeks in a row the snaps have been poor.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Is it next saturday yet? I really am looking forward to seeing what we do to prove we diserve the playoffs agaist a struggling western ill team. I would not expect them to lay one for us, they know to make there season, what could be better then beating a team trying to make the play offs, with that mind set I am sure our D will be even more hungry then they were today. Just cant say enough about our D. even in bad field position they were special. I think we could have blitzed more last week, but this week it was perfect, shows how good that SIU team was, we looked the lesser team in that game, this game, i thought we looked the better team. Funny to hear my friend at the game txt that the goopher season tix holders they were sitting next to talk down how bad FCS football was, saying sdsu is more like a high school team, and the student section chanting F#% you STATE. classy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                                No negativity from me...i saw our defense play the way stig said they would at the begining of the year and i saw the offence play the way stig said they would at the begining of the year. We held a big 10 school out of the endzone and the offence got us in scoring position but we missed a couple field goals.

Hell...i am proud to be a jackrabbit today! :d
                                I am proud of the team also. I got my rant out on the other post. The effort was there today!

SDSU is a team that nobody wants to play in the playoffs with our defense. I like our chances but there is a little business next week they have to take care of.

Proud of ya Blue!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X