Gopher Game TV Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gopher Game TV Coverage

let me be one of the first to say,we gave minny a good scare, if nothing else!!

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      suddenly WIU doesnt look so easy two poor offensive showings in a row,
      I'm not sure I'd want to be Western Illinois next week.

There's gonna be a bunch of really, really angry, frustrated jackrabbits on the loose in Macomb next Saturday.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

dropped balls and turnovers.... 4-5 dropped balls... some turnovers in bad spots.... also the line/play calling needs to be revamped in the redzone....

When you have a redshirt freshman quarterback, actually any QB and you are playing a really good team the receivers need to catch some of those throws that aren't perfect.....

O'Brien struggled early but looked to be alright in the second half, I don't know what the deal with the snaps has been (It just wasn't today, they had issues last week with both QB's) and with blind side blitz pickups...

The Defense played great, the Offense did so-so... struggled bad early but regained confidence and did an ok job in the second half....

Comment

This falls back on not execution of plays, but the play calls them self. Not sure if we dont have the confidence to do anything but power I run and 5 yard out routes. Not sure what the anwser is but this is disapointing to have to take. this I think was worse the the SIU game. how many opertunities can we sqaunder. I would hate to be western ILL next week. this team better be fired up for that game and prove we deserve to make the post season.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            I'm not sure I'd want to be Western Illinois next week.

There's gonna be a bunch of really, really angry, frustrated jackrabbits on the loose in Macomb next Saturday.
            Yep, but still gotta put pigskin in endzone to win games....been awhile since we've done that consistently.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Good effort. Minnesota is a badly-coached team. Our defense was tremendous.

And, oh by the way, Ron Johnson is the worst football commentator in history.

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/contact/index.asp

Contact the Big Ten Network and suggest that Ron do his homework next time. Pathetic.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Good effort. Minnesota is a badly-coached team. Our defense was tremendous.

And, oh by the way, Ron Johnson is the worst football commentator in history.

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/contact/index.asp

Contact the Big Ten Network and suggest that Ron do his homework next time. Pathetic.
                the Minnesota people are complaining also....

Comment

No moral victory- we could have won this game. Defense was OUTSTANDING! . We will need to get something going early offensively against Western. Would say more, but I don't want to second-guess any more.

Comment

This team sure looked fired up and confidence this week that we lacked last week. good to see the D play the way they did. Would like some consistency with the offense. Its dissapointing but it is what it is. Seemed neither team on offense wanted to make a play. good D both teams. Not just being a homer I think we were the better team. had oppertunities that we hurt ourselves with. nothing they did to wow on D. Hope this helps TOB in the future I think he handled it well, had some turnovers, but so did Berry at Iowa STate. so all in all. I can accept this knowing we gave ourselves the chance just fell short. the effort was there.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Wow. That's a frustrating loss. It was right there for us!

Four turnovers, not able to score in red zone, and a missed 24-yard field goal. We should have won today. TOB had a rough day. He was under a lot of pressure from the Gophers which was to be expected. He is going to be a great player for the Jacks and will be better down the road for going through the expereince.

Hats off the defense for an amazing effort!

On a positive note, from what it sounded like on the radio it sounded like we made it through the game without any serious injuries.

Brings up a win your in scenario for next week.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

It is an improvement over last year, Berry threw 5 INT's and they got whooped to a really BAD Iowa State team....

O'Brien looked alright once he calmed down....

Comment

That was a heartbreaker...

OTOH, it was better than last week & better than last fall @ Ia State.

Keep moving in this direction, rabbits.

Comment

Bad execution, but Oh My Gosh, we actually show some creativeness on Offense. I am getting ready to hear the Aw shucks we are vanilla and we need to execute and blah blah blah. I know some will point back to how successful we were against inferior competition. That's the point - they were inferior competition. We are 1-2 against good competition. We face a good defense and we look pretty poor. We really should have won this game with the opportunities we got. I don't want to hear we were competitive against an FBS school BLAH BLAH BLAH. I know Stig will say we should have won this game, and he will be right. But what is he doing to correct our deficiencies on Offense. Bottom line - we are not getting it done. We have to take some chances. How many times did we run the Flash? I think that formation has so many unexpected (for us) permutations we can run from it. I still respect the coaching staff and the solid, respectable team/young men they put on the field - but I really feel that they lack in going out of the box when required. Our offense has been putrid against good defenses (caveat - Decent game against UNI). What have we done to adjust - or - maybe I am expecting too much from our team and they just can't win man vs man. Personally, I think it is much less the later. Our D kicked ass today. So proud of them. Season is not over, let's win next week and take some MO into the (expected) playoffs. Then....let's throw some twists into the O that takes advantage of what good Defenses expect us to do.

Comment

And I should say creativeness on the last play where we do a hook and ladder to try to make something happen.

Comment

listened to stig in the post game interview,he know's the defense played well & the offense played poorly...don't know what else he could of said?

Comment

Working...
                                X