Gopher Game TV Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gopher Game TV Coverage

Question Why are the gophers fans so hot for Gray to be thier qb? In the games I have watched with Minn every time Gray plays he does not hand off, does not pass, just runs with the ball. If he is the qb of the future for the gophers, they will become the most one dimensional team ever. Gray right, Gray left, Gray up the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      Question Why are the gophers fans so hot for Gray to be thier qb? In the games I have watched with Minn every time Gray plays he does not hand off, does not pass, just runs with the ball. If he is the qb of the future for the gophers, they will become the most one dimensional team ever. Gray right, Gray left, Gray up the middle.
      You didnt see Gray vs tOSU then. You are obviously basing this off situational playing in today and havent seen other games (not that you would be expected to). We had one scoring drive against tOSU and it was lead by Gray, 80 yards, passing the whole way.

Gopher fans want them to take the handcuffs off of him and let him toss the ball, and run something other than the zone read (which he does well though).

You saw a QB completely mentally crap his pants again and again in Weber today. He has the physical tools, just has gotten worse for whatever reason.

Gopher fans want consistency, and Weber has none, so we want Gray (who can also run, has a live arm, etc)

Comment

Im glad they play Webber more, we were able to get to him and our D proved effective against him. running QB can cause us problems, expample, SIU. being one demensional is not good but that ability to run a QB against us has been a problem for years. a pocket passing QB our Dline can eat alive. but a runner we have a hard time containing.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Nice game Jacks, your defense played a tremendous game.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            I'm glad that they did not play Gray more in this game... I was telling everyone who would listen on the sidelines that Weber taking the snaps at QB would keep us in the game. We are traditionally bad against a running QB and today when Gray was in the game he made a few guys miss. Thankfully they only snapped it to him a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by launcher46 View Post
              I'm glad that they did not play Gray more in this game... I was telling everyone who would listen on the sidelines that Weber taking the snaps at QB would keep us in the game. We are traditionally bad against a running QB and today when Gray was in the game he made a few guys miss. Thankfully they only snapped it to him a few times.
              Gopher fans are pretty mad about that in all the comments sections and forums I have looked at. Gray looks like the guy who should be playing particularly if he can throw it as well as stpaulgoph says (didn't see the OSU/Minn game).
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
              X