Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SDSU v SIU

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    that was a wrong route ran by the reciever and a 4th down play......
    Temporizing for TOB, but not for Crawford?

Pass hit the SIU safety right in the numbers.

Comment

Downtown Chicago was beautiful today. Pizza was awesome.

No comment on the game. Got updates and after the pick 6 didn't really care. Sounded like the crowd pretty much gave up after that.

Hope the Bears perform better tomorrow. Otherwise this football weekend is a complete failure.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        Temporizing for TOB, but not for Crawford?

Pass hit the SIU safety right in the numbers.
        yeah it did because the reciever turned out instead of in.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post
          Terrible call costs a us a touchdown. It looked like Steffen fell in front of the receiver and they call a cut block. Terrible call. The guy didn't have a chance to catch him.
          I was right there, no reason at all to throw that flag, no reason at all. SIU beat us outright. We played well under our ability but that doesn't matter. They beat us on our field and it wasn't close. Time to bounce back and get ready for the Gophers and then WIU. Great crowd, poor performance.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Like I said, you're making excuses for TOB and not making excuses for Crawford.

If you can't see that as being fundamentally flawed logic, then I just can't help you.

Comment

Returned from the game not too long ago and I don't think I want to read all the posts in this thread. After playing so many games with no or few mistakes, we finally had a game in which we made mistakes in just about every aspect of the game. But, watching the Salukis, I had to conclude that they are just one heckuva good football team. If we had played mistake free, the margin of victory would have been affected but I think the W in SIU's column woud still have occurred.

The Jackrabbits continue to be a very good football team -- #2 in the Missouri Valley Conference. Southern Illinois is an excellent football team and deserve #1 spot in the conference.

Comment

Because he was playing the 2nd unit.

The first unit picked him off in the end zone.
                He lead a 63 yard drive on his first possession, only culminating in an interception due to, what looked to me, a route that was cut off, plus it was on 4th down. Not saying O'Brien is perfect, but I stick to my statement that he gives the Jacks the best chance to win.

Also, when did the SIU second team defense come in?... for I don't recall them being on the field during the first TD drive of the game for the Jacks, but I could be mistaken. Either way, SIU didn't switch to a prevent defense and sit back, and TOB got the same defensive looks and more importantly, the pressure as Crawford did in the first half.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Because he was playing the 2nd unit.

The first unit picked him off in the end zone.
                  I don't think SIU brought their 2nd unit in the game until later in the 4th quarter, so Thomas played against the 1st unit for over a quarter. And when he threw that pick on 4th and 9, he was basically trying to make something happen with us being down 31. I'm guessing if it wasn't 4th down, he would have threw it away and started again.

Our QB play didn't lose us the game today, not by itself anyway. Our whole team played sub par and SIU is really good.

With that said, I don't think right now that either Crawford or TOB are great QB's at our level - but they both have proven they can win games with this team. They are both pretty unathletic outside the pocket, both stare down WR to no end, and neither seem to move through progressions on a consistent basis. I think TOB will be a great QB, but being a RS FR makes a difference. He's going to be real good over the next few years.

The difference i see right now, is that TOB has the arm to overcome some of the shortcomings I mentioned above. He can afford to stare down a WR because his ball still gets there before the defense does. He doesn't have to be a scrambler, because his arm lets him make more throws down the field. Crawford's arm just doesn't allow him to overcome these shortcomings like TOB. Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread that TOB isn't a better QB than Crawford, he just has a bigger arm. I would suggest that the fact that he has a bigger arm makes him a better QB. Our offense looks better when TOB is playing in my opinion, especially since Crawford has returned from injury. I just don't think Craw is completely back yet, and that's a shame as I'm sure he wants to play to no end.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Maybe TOB threw it in not out.

I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I am going to see two yard out in my sleep tonight!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Returned from the game not too long ago and I don't think I want to read all the posts in this thread. After playing so many games with no or few mistakes, we finally had a game in which we made mistakes in just about every aspect of the game. But, watching the Salukis, I had to conclude that they are just one heckuva good football team. If we had played mistake free, the margin of victory would have been affected but I think the W in SIU's column would still have occurred.

The Jackrabbits continue to be a very good football team -- #2 in the Missouri Valley Conference. Southern Illinois is an excellent football team and deserve #1 spot in the conference.
                        That is the concise version.
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Huh?

Your take on it is that SDSU would be able to 'blow out' or at the very least easily handle teams that are 'as good as' it is, if they had the right offensive scheme?

That doesn't make any sense at all.
                          Huh? Where did I say that SDSU could blow out teams that are as good as them. Where?
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Sheesh. It's called a 'system', and if you stare long enough at any college program you'll find out that they all have them. Even Florida.
                            And I think our 'system' isn't very good.

Sheesh.

Comment

Zoo, what would you say the problem was with the offense today, then? It wasn't the offensive scheme, which is obviously amazing. It wasn't the QB Crawford, who was obviously amazing. I'm sure a lot of it was SIU's D, but other teams have scored against them. What was our problem? Why couldn't we?

Comment

That system has put us in position to play for a second conference championship since going D1. Just because it isn't pretty doesn't make it bad. Executed properly it works well.
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X