Attendance for SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attendance for SIU

I hit Brookings last night. There are people all over South Dakota who are very aware of this game. The people who haven't heard about it just don't pay attention to anything. I'll be sitting with the Walrus today.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I'll be there doin' my part. Bringing 4 buddies with me, procured tickets for two others and coaxed 4 more into coming. In the group we have 2 USD alumni, and one NDSU fan. I hope we aren't the only ones on the east side.
      “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post
        I'll be there doin' my part. Bringing 4 buddies with me, procured tickets for two others and coaxed 4 more into coming. In the group we have 2 USD alumni, and one NDSU fan. I hope we aren't the only ones on the east side.
        East side, the best seats in the house. And with the early game, no sun in our eyes!!!! Go Rabbits!!
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Average attendance for 2009:

That's over TWO THOUSAND more fans per game than the previous record.

(11,218 in '07)

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            Average attendance for 2009:

That's over TWO THOUSAND more fans per game than the previous record.

(11,218 in '07)
            That's impressive. You were right about attendance zoo, was glad to hear todays attendance made 10,000, I was actually shocked though, I thought it looked like we might have gotten to 12 today.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              That's impressive. You were right about attendance zoo, was glad to hear todays attendance made 10,000, I was actually shocked though, I thought it looked like we might have gotten to 12 today.
              Don't know which side of the field you were on, but the E. side bleachers weren't exactly packed. Except Section R. Man, the internets booked the living daylights out of that section.

And, BTW, I was a bit nervous about the attendance prediction at kickoff, even accounting for the "Los Angeles" style crowds that SDSU draws.

Comment

Maybe someone can explain this one to me. SDSU fan yells at the SIU team,"they are the girlfriend you take home and knock out!" WTF is that about?

I was also fortunate enough to sit in front of a father and son from SIU who know absolutely nothing about football. For 3 hours I lost brain cells listening to their play by play of the game.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                  Maybe someone can explain this one to me. SDSU fan yells at the SIU team,"they are the girlfriend you take home and knock out!" WTF is that about?
                  Which famous SDSU fan was that? Chris Brown, Jackson Browne, or OJ Simpson?

Comment

Not Chris or Jackson. Bobby.
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                      Don't know which side of the field you were on, but the E. side bleachers weren't exactly packed. Except Section R. Man, the internets booked the living daylights out of that section.

And, BTW, I was a bit nervous about the attendance prediction at kickoff, even accounting for the "Los Angeles" style crowds that SDSU draws.
                      That could very well be...I was standing at the top of Section R the whole game and near as I could tell, the east side looked packed in the first half and very much less so, the second half.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

[QUOTE=bub94;133350]Maybe someone can explain this one to me. SDSU fan yells at the SIU team,"they are the girlfriend you take home and knock out!" WTF is that about?

Unfortunately he is an uncle of one of our key players and an idiot. He was very offensive at the NDSU game, a complete embarrassment. I must have been two rows back from you because your right the dad and son from SIU were clueless about football....but nice people.

Comment

I'll give them credit for not being rude. But wow.

Comment

Working...
                          X