Attendance for SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance for SIU

From what I am reading out there the attendance is a hot topic out there. Not living in South Dakota anymore, is SDSU doing anything to get fans butts in the seats this weekend? To me they should be taking out ads in the Argus, TV ads, etc, get the Sioux Falls fans up at the game. I would be blown away if there wasn't 10,000 fans at the game. This should be the largest attended game this year, but that won't happen.

Re: Attendance for SIU

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
    From what I am reading out there the attendance is a hot topic out there. Not living in South Dakota anymore, is SDSU doing anything to get fans butts in the seats this weekend? To me they should be taking out ads in the Argus, TV ads, etc, get the Sioux Falls fans up at the game. I would be blown away if there wasn't 10,000 fans at the game. This should be the largest attended game this year, but that won't happen.
    Are you kidding me? You are one big victory from laying claim to the MVC title, and you can't get people in the stands for the game? That is horrible. You SDSU fans need to get to the stadium, enjoy the day, and cheer on the Jacks.

If I hear it is anything short of a full and vibrant stadium, you can bet your smack section will be busy. Without regard.............good luck Saturday.

Comment

Hopefully this year will be the year the culture changes in regards to poor attendance after Hobo Day. If I was going to be around I would definitely be there.

The only excuse I have for not being there this weekend is poor date selection. I have something going on this weekend that I could have done next weekend, but I flipped a coin in August and picked the Gophers game. It was SIU or U of M. I could only pick one.

In hindsight, had I known that this weekend would be for the MVFC Championship (Seriously, who saw this coming?) I would have picked Brookings over the Cities by a long shot.

This is the first home game that I will miss in I don't know how long. I have had kids birthday parties times changed, missed pheasant openers (doesn't bother me), cancelled trips to Pierre for SDSU home games.

Those of you that will be there, please cheer loud and I will be following on the radio.

GBGBGJ

Comment

First home game not attached to Bowl, Rivary or Homecoming and it seems we are having to pull out all the marketing stops to get a decent crowd. The nice weather will be both a blessing and distraction with farmers trying to get crops out of the fields. I guess this will be a process getting people prepared for meaningful football games in November. I think in the end there will be a lot of walk-up ticket sales that will hopefully get us over 10,000.

Comment

Don't worry. Be happy.

Get your own butt there if you can, a few friends if you're able, and the rest will take care of itself.

Trust me. There's no reason to be nervous about this.

This is a 'coming of age' season for SDSU football, and you don't need to worry about attendance for this, anymore than you'd worry about attendance for an SDSU championship game in Sioux Falls next spring.

People will come because the Jacks are giving them something to cheer for, because it's going to be a dang near perfect day for football, and more than a few of them because they want to be able to honestly say they were there when it happened.

Comment

Convinced my parents and sister (who will be coming to SDSU next year) to come up for the game. Didn't take much, they actually called me before I could call them. Beautiful day for football. Is it tomorrow yet?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
              Don't worry. Be happy.

Get your own butt there if you can, a few friends if you're able, and the rest will take care of itself.

Trust me. There's no reason to be nervous about this.

This is a 'coming of age' season for SDSU football, and you don't need to worry about attendance for this, anymore than you'd worry about attendance for an SDSU championship game in Sioux Falls next spring.

People will come because the Jacks are giving them something to cheer for, because it's going to be a dang near perfect day for football, and more than a few of them because they want to be able to honestly say they were there when it happened.
              Exactly. Its always a good day when you are a Jackrabbit, you don't have to look far to understand just why that is the case.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree with the "coming of age" statement about this season. This is the first year that there has really been something on the line against a team that isn't one of our rivals. You can already see that thru the season that the attitude of people is starting to change, but it isn't quite there yet. I think that a crowd of 12-14 thousand would be an excellent showing. Another year or two of this kind of success and you will see CAS bursting at the seams in November.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

5 years ago if you would have told the average fan of college athletics in SD that SDSU would be playing for the conference championship of the Gateway conference and a playoff spot in IAA front of 10,000 plus fans in November you would have been laughed right the heck out of whatever building you were in. Heck, they might have referred you for psychological evaluation.

We are going to average close to 14,000 people for the regular season this year. If some nimble minded individuals try to down play the accomplishments of SDSU by making too big a deal about some specific number of fans at this game I advise that you ignore them, they are idiots.

It doesn't change anything if 8,000, 12,000 or 16,000 fans show up for this game. The most important things have already happened. Enjoy the season!!
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The attendance will be what it will be (sage right)...but I'm not going to get in an uproar about it. Lots of things will interfere (not a night game as in earlier games, except Hobo Day, which cuts out a lot of employees; farmers way behind and will be out protecting their income stream; high school football playoffs; typical fall-off after October). We can't do anything about that...the department is pushing as hard as it can. If the season ticket holders and STUDENTS get their butts in the seats, it will beat the heck out of any other November game we have ever hosted IMO. GO JACKS!

P.S. Since I didn't post this earlier, it probably won't hold much water, but when I looked at the pre-season lineup and rankings, and realized we would get the pre-season #1, #2 and #4 teams at Coughlin...I honestly thought we had one of our best chances ever to have a great season, and possibly the SIU game would be the deciding factor (I just had a gut feeling we would beat UNI, and knew we would beat the Bison!) Easy to say now...right?

Comment

And the best thing about the attendance is there are photos to prove the attendance. What a great sight to see, an overhead shot of CAS jam packed with crazy Rabbits.
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        it will beat the heck out of any other November game we have ever hosted
                        Caveat: SDSU vs. NDSU '07 was in November

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                          Are you kidding me? You are one big victory from laying claim to the MVC title, and you can't get people in the stands for the game? That is horrible. You SDSU fans need to get to the stadium, enjoy the day, and cheer on the Jacks.

If I hear it is anything short of a full and vibrant stadium, you can bet your smack section will be busy. Without regard.............good luck Saturday.
                          Bring it! Yote fans talking about attendance is always funny stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                            Bring it! Yote fans talking about attendance is always funny stuff.
                            Take it easy on the Yotes. It is hard for the athletic department to actually see the people from where they either stand on the sidelines or sit in the booth. They are both a mile away from the folks.

I would like to take a moment to say "bad form" to the SF Washington/SDHSAA for scheduling a high school game on Saturday afternoon.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I'm told ticket sales are not going that great. What does it take, people?

Let's hope for a big walkup...
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X