GDT Youngstown Penguins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT Youngstown Penguins

Nice blue-collar, second-half victory on the road.

Comment

Need to figure out a short yardage offense for next weekend

Comment

Congrats on the win. YSU flat out sucks. We have a defense, but our offense is absolutely DESPICABLE.

You had probably 200 fans there and they were scattered about the tailgate loss before the game.

Although you may not be the biggest, fastest, or strongest team I've ever seen, you make few mistakes and are well coached. YSU could have very easily had won this game with better execution, but we are just terrible on offense.

Heacock will be gone by seasons end. BEST OF LUCK THE REST OF THE WAY!

Comment

Not a great game, but a great win. Defense only gives up 3, what more do you want. Gotta start picking up the short yardage downs. Good Job, JACKS...we are THE South Dakota State University!!

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
            Congrats on the win. YSU flat out sucks. We have a defense, but our offense is absolutely DESPICABLE.

You had probably 200 fans there and they were scattered about the tailgate loss before the game.

Although you may not be the biggest, fastest, or strongest team I've ever seen, you make few mistakes and are well coached. YSU could have very easily had won this game with better execution, but we are just terrible on offense.

A little strong there. YSU kept SDSU well below average on score. Their offense had opportunities. Seems like they could move the ball. Just have to eliminate the drive killing mistakes.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Thanks for then nice greetings. Best of luck to the Guins. Jacks were a tough homecoming choice.

Comment

Well, guess what? You didn't win, we did. We hear this same crap week after week. "We could have easily won the game if...." I wonder if teams actually think our defense may have had something to do with your offense playing bad? Missouri State, NDSU, UNI and now YSU all saying the same thing. I guess from our persective we should have won by a greater margin than 17-3. Sorry about the rant, just sick of teams thinking they "should" have beat us when we've kicked their butts on both sides of the ball.

Best of luck to you as well.

Comment

It's fine if we're not flashy. It's fine if we're not the fastest. It's fine if we don't wow people when they watch us. It's fine that our uniforms aren't the slickest. It's fine if our stadium is old and has -- GOD FORBID -- a grass surface. It's fine if we don't blow opponents out every week. It's fine if they downplay us in press conferences. We're 7-1, and the only game we lost was one where we had to swtich quarterbacks midstream. We're a top 10 team. Are there things to improve? Yes. Are we sometimes inconsistent? Yes. But as long as we keep winning, everybody else can just keep talking about how lackluster we are. We're undefeated so far in a damn good conference, and we're probably headed for the playoffs. So keep your fancy domes and near-misses against teams like Iowa and national championships from years past and decades of tradition, and we'll take the victories on Saturdays. W're South Dakota State, and we're a tough, tough team.
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                    It's fine if we're not flashy. It's fine if we're not the fastest. It's fine if we don't wow people when they watch us. It's fine that our uniforms aren't the slickest. It's fine if our stadium is old and has -- GOD FORBID -- has a grass surface. It's fine if we don't blow opponents out every week. It's fine if they downplay us in press conferences. We're 7-1, and the only game we lost was one where we had to swtich quarterbacks midstream. We're a top 10 team. Are there things to improve? Yes. Are we sometimes inconsistent? Yes. But as long as we keep winning, everybody else can just keep talking about how lackluster we are. We're undefeated so far in a damn good conference, and we're probably headed for the playoffs. So keep your fancy domes and near-misses against teams like Iowa and national championships from years past and decades of tradition, and we'll take the victories on Saturdays. W're the Jacks, and we're a tough, tough team.

^^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^

Comment

Thats right, you got beat by the best, San Diego State University! I mean South Dakota State University

dang announcers got me doing it now

Comment

Great win for SDSU. I like Stigs's comments at half. He said they had not played up to expectations, and he apparently did some yelling at half time and it may have helped. Thank goodness for Derek Domino intercept, it help put the game out of doubt. I think Stig was right saying YSU was a good team, but we were better today. Other fans can say what they want too, we won so that part matters.

The thing about Youngstown is they dont have spend a great deal on travel for recruiting. They are right in the middle of the best high school football in Ohio. Only when Dressler was coach did the Penquins play up to their ability and talent. I think the YSU fan has it right, Heacock is kind of in the mold of Coach Stig, but YSU has high expectations, and we could see a coaching change here. Heacock seems to be a real gentleman, but may not be enough.
                        It looks like the trick and treaters were harder on the YSU attendance than the Pheasant Season opener was on the SDSU attendance. Lot of good empty seats shown on TV today.

Comment

Congrats on the win....Although you may not be the biggest, fastest, or strongest team I've ever seen, you make few mistakes and are well coached...."
                          I thank guinzone for those comments. That's more than fans of most opponents have been willing to state this season. Perhaps with this win over the always-tough YSU program at the Ice Palace, we may get a little more respect. It's not all bad being known as a team that makes few mistakes and is well coached.

Season starts over again...and we're opening it at home against Southern Illinois. Can we be 1-0 this coming weekend? Of course.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            I thank guinzone for those comments. That's more than fans of most opponents have been willing to state this season. Perhaps with this win over the always-tough YSU program at the Ice Palace, we may get a little more respect. It's not all bad being known as a team that makes few mistakes and is well coached.

Season starts over again...and we're opening it at home against Southern Illinois. Can we be 1-0 this coming weekend? Of course.
                            I'm not down on quinzone at all. He's welcome here anytime. But it would be nice, just once, if somebody said, "Dang, that's a pretty good team." Certainly, I agree that you could be called worse things than well-coached and not apt to make mistakes.

This week, let's go 1-0 against and make Southern hurt. Let's pack the stadium and stick it to 'em!
                            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Anybody notice that everyone says the same things after we beat them?
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Here's the story from the YSU Athletic website:

Youngstown -- In a game that saw a defensive struggle in the first half, a key turnover on the first play of the second half turned the tide as the Youngstown State football team suffered a 17-3 setback to ninth-ranked South Dakota State on Saturday at Stambaugh Stadium.

With the loss, the Penguins fall to 4-4 overall and 2-3 in the Missouri Valley Football Conference, while the Jackrabbits improve to 7-1 (6-0). It was the second time in as many weeks the Penguins have faced a ranked FCS opponent and have only scored once in both contest.

For the rest of the story go HERE

Comment

Working...
                                X