X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT Youngstown Penguins

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
    I heard them over the TV
    I thought the exact same thing. Anybody have a for sure on what the artificial noisemakers were?

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
      1-0 next Saturday
      Amen...they have me a believer.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
        SIU's backup QB had 8 rushes for 57 yards today. The Jacks are going to have to contain him better than they did against YSU's backup today. They knew that guy wasn't going to throw and did not do a great job against it.

On the other hand, they did do a very nice job against the running backs. Karim "the Dream" from SIU is very good, very, very good.

The YSU guys said SIU was better and no doubt beat the Jacks. Maybe somebody didn't tell them the Jacks haven't lost a MVFC game at home and don't plan on it.
        On the call in show, the main radio guy, Bob Hannon, said he expects South Dakota State to beat Southern Illinois because they are so well coached and the game is in Brookings where they have played fabulous ball all year. He had NOTHING but good things to say.

Again, on paper SIU looks like the better team, but SDSU will still win in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
          On the call in show, the main radio guy, Bob Hannon, said he expects South Dakota State to beat Southern Illinois because they are so well coached and the game is in Brookings where they have played fabulous ball all year. He had NOTHING but good things to say.

Again, on paper SIU looks like the better team, but SDSU will still win in my eyes.
          Sorry, whoever was doing the TV said it. Should have specified.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            Did I hear cowbells over the radio today or was I hearing things?
            Yeah, no kidding, I was ranting to my wife about how artificial noisemakers are supposedly outlawed but I could swear I was hearing all sorts of noise being made artificially over the radio. WTF.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I see on the espn boxscore http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=293042754

the game attendence is listed at 10,780. Stambaugh holds nearly 21k. That means the stadium was half full. Based on what I saw on tv, I'm calling their BS. MAYBE a quarter full. Granted, all the shots I saw on tv were in the second half if not the 4th quarter, but the game wasn't over and that many people couldn't have left at that point.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                Yeah, no kidding, I was ranting to my wife about how artificial noisemakers are supposedly outlawed but I could swear I was hearing all sorts of noise being made artificially over the radio. WTF.
                I am just glad I am not the only person that heard them. Means I don't have to have my head examined just yet. I wasn't ranting about them, put I thought WTF as well. If this rule is only half ass enforced I am bringing my bell next week.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  I see on the espn boxscore http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=293042754

the game attendence is listed at 10,780. Stambaugh holds nearly 21k. That means the stadium was half full. Based on what I saw on tv, I'm calling their BS. MAYBE a quarter full. Granted, all the shots I saw on tv were in the second half if not the 4th quarter, but the game wasn't over and that many people couldn't have left at that point.
                  Maybe they count the tickets handed out to area Lions, Kiwanis, Optimists Clubs, etc. like another school we know in SD?
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                    Maybe they count the tickets handed out to area Lions, Kiwanis, Optimists Clubs, etc. like another school we know in SD?
                    Careful.

SDSU did that for one of the football games last year.... Illinois State, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                      Ho, hum. That's about it.

This lackadasical b.s. in the first half has got to end NOW.

The Jacks have to get the killer instinct in their eye on offense and blast these inferior opponents into the ground early. All it takes is one missed tackle on the defense today and...bang, it's a 10-10 tie the 4th. Unacceptable.

Unfortunately the next two opponents are not inferior. So the Jacks are going to have to score TD's if they want to win. I heard Stig at halftime and I'm glad he is as upset as I am with this. Let's hope it can continue like it did in the second half.

Didn't the Jacks win by two touchdowns and didn't the defense play shut down football? Youngstown did bring some things to the table here.

Comment

Postgame press conference for the YSU head coach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjTMD7VLy8&feature=sub

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post

I'm calling out this and every other "on paper SIU should win" comment. Here are the facts on paper over six games in the MVC. And the comparisons are in SIU's favor because Jacks have not yet played the last-place team from Western Illinois while SIU has Missouri State, 3-3 in conference, to play after the Jacks.

By my calculations:
                          - SIU has scored 184 points in league games to the Jacks' 174. However, Jacks have given up 64 to SIU's 75. Jacks win point differential by one point.
                          - Jacks have 109 first downs to 112 for SIU. However, Jacks have given up 84 first downs to 110 for SIU. Jacks have a 23-first down differential advantage.
                          - Jacks have rushed for 823 yards while giving up 619. Salukis have rushed for 1,154 and have given up 692. Differential advantage to WIU of 258.
                          - Jacks have passed for 1,203 while giving up 935. Saluikis have passed for 1,132 but have given up 994. Differential advantage to Jacks of 130.
                          - Jacks have had 21 penalties for 214 yards. SIU has been penalized 42 times for 494 yards. Differential to Jacks of 280 yards, or a whopping 45 yards per game.
                          - Jacks have committed 4 turnovers while forcing 12. SIU has committed 6 turnovers while forcing 14. No differential.

This on paper stuff is BS.

Comment

I don't know NoVaJack. What's the call from the judge from Belurus?
                            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              I'm calling out this and every other "on paper SIU should win" comment. Here are the facts on paper over six games in the MVC. And the comparisons are in SIU's favor because Jacks have not yet played the last-place team from Western Illinois while SIU has Missouri State, 3-3 in conference, to play after the Jacks.

By my calculations:
                              - SIU has scored 184 points in league games to the Jacks' 174. However, Jacks have given up 64 to SIU's 75. Jacks win point differential by one point.
                              - Jacks have 109 first downs to 112 for SIU. However, Jacks have given up 84 first downs to 110 for SIU. Jacks have a 23-first down differential advantage.
                              - Jacks have rushed for 823 yards while giving up 619. Salukis have rushed for 1,154 and have given up 692. Differential advantage to WIU of 258.
                              - Jacks have passed for 1,203 while giving up 935. Saluikis have passed for 1,132 but have given up 994. Differential advantage to Jacks of 130.
                              - Jacks have had 21 penalties for 214 yards. SIU has been penalized 42 times for 494 yards. Differential to Jacks of 280 yards, or a whopping 45 yards per game.
                              - Jacks have committed 4 turnovers while forcing 12. SIU has committed 6 turnovers while forcing 14. No differential.

This on paper stuff is BS.
                              I must spread out the love so I can't give you rep, so I'll just have to do it this way instead =)

Comment

"On paper" seems to mean "on the track and in the weight room"

Comment

Working...
                                X