Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1-0 This Week YSU

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Oh, c'mon, this is what Fan Boards are all about - second guessing and looking ahead and occasionally silly stuff and maybe some important stuff.
    Coaches and players have to do the game prep, we get to indulge. Call it the Total Fan Experience. ...
    All right, all right, I sound a little bent out of shape. Because I am! The Jacks have way too good of thing going right now and a less than favorable schedule ahead to fall on their face this week.

It can happen, a la Cal Poly and the second half (mainly the 4th quarter except the last second int) against Mo. St. Both pretty good teams, both on the road.

Hopefully this is an Illinois State type of road game and we can all sit back and smile the whole second half and speculate what seed we're going to get with a 10-1 record and who's coming to freeze their @$$ of at CAS in late November.

It's a MVFC road game. Be wary, it could be dogfight (or penguin fight).

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
      All right, all right, I sound a little bent out of shape. Because I am! The Jacks have way too good of thing going right now and a less than favorable schedule ahead to fall on their face this week.

It can happen, a la Cal Poly and the second half (mainly the 4th quarter except the last second int) against Mo. St. Both pretty good teams, both on the road.

Hopefully this is an Illinois State type of road game and we can all sit back and smile the whole second half and speculate what seed we're going to get with a 10-1 record and who's coming to freeze their @$$ of at CAS in late November.

It's a MVFC road game. Be wary, it could be dogfight (or penguin fight).

Good post... I think all good Jack fans share your apprehension at this point... but also have confidence and perspective because the team seems to have confidence and perspective. Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
        I'll admit, I'm with Filbert. I'm wary and pessimistic nearly every week. This week is no different. This game scares the crap out of me and it's not just because it's on Halloween.
        I'm with you two. I get so worried about each Saturday. And so...I'm worried about YSU. It's a game we should win, but we need to execute. Again, 1-0 this week. I'll be nervously watching on the boob tube.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Time to move this baby back to the top of the threads.

A poster on the 'guins site said in the last two losses, they have had 5 drives inside the 25 yard line and came up with a big donut hole in points.

Encouraging...and not. Is this a trend, or just a string of bad luck? The Jacks have not tended to allow the oppenent to drive this deep much at all this year, but when they do, they give up 6, not 3. The Jacks need to continue to keep the opponent on their side of midfield (or the 40). The 'guins have a pretty sketchy special teams that the Jacks should be able to take advantage of. Montague is due to bring one back to the house.

If the 'guins bottle up the run game like they did last week against the #1 RB in the MVFC (yards wise, we all think Kyle is the best), is this the week we see a throw out of the flash?

TOB needs to zip the ball out to the receivers on their blitz. This plays to his strength and it appears this is one of their weaknesses from one of their posts.

If RC's the man, he needs to get his running shoes on. It appears as though they blitz a lot and SIU's mobile backup was running wild on them.

1-0 this week!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
            I'm with you two. I get so worried about each Saturday. And so...I'm worried about YSU. It's a game we should win, but we need to execute. Again, 1-0 this week. I'll be nervously watching on the boob tube.
            If your not worried and or concerned than something is wrong. The weather forecast is for temps around 60 degrees but a 70% chance of rain. Which team does that favor? I assume the Jacks have been practicing in the rain the last two weeks since that's all its been doing in eastern S.D.

It does sound more and more like Crawford will be getting the start. He really does not have that much more actual playing time than TOB but a few years older and wiser I imagine. RC may be the one if the weather is less than one would hope for.

GBGBGJ

Comment

From the YSU campus paper pretty basic article:

http://media.www.thejambar.com/media...-3817204.shtml
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                From the YSU campus paper pretty basic article:

http://media.www.thejambar.com/media...-3817204.shtml
                That was actually a real good game break down by a student journalist.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Well, I like to think that while the Pens have a very good defense, ours is better. It's hard to say, though, based on stats and teams played. YSU says they haven't played their best game yet, a full 60 minutes. I think the same is true of the Jacks. In every game, we've had a sluggish period.

The QB debate goes on. If Craw wasn't ready to go by practice today, I don't know how he can be the guy Saturday. But I can't help but wonder if there's a little gamesmanship going on here. Granted, it isn't Stig's style, but it's fun to think about.

I know the reason I am so nervous about the game. Yeah, it's sandwiched between two other big games. But it's just so big. We win, and we would have to completely fall apart not to make the playoffs. We would have an inside track. Lose, and you're back to having to win a very, very tough game. Is it any wonder I'm already nervous?
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I expect SDSU to win this thing on a late touchdown, but I would NOT be surprised to see YSU win this game. They are better than their 4-3 record states..

BTW: FLIGHT STATUS:
                    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8800

Maybe they will attend the Youngstown Ursuline vs. Akron St. Vincent St. Mary [LeBron] HS Football game tonight at Stambaugh. Battle of the Irish!

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
                      Wow...look how much fast you get places when you don't have to fly ot Minneapolis first and then waste a few hours at the airport there.

Comment

Working...
                      X