Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNI Game Day Thread

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    I know what you are saying, but that is exactly what they did on Fox's TD.
    Exactly. I really don't mind that play, but we run it a lot. Our offensive playbook isn't very diverse.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by crjack View Post
      What a greaty day to be a Jackrabbit living in Iowa!
      Indeed. Living in West Iowa, the Iowa St win over Neb is a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        UNI players sulking in press conference: 'we beat ourselves' 'they didn't show us anything we haven't seen before'--no good words for SDSU whatsoever.
        this kind of stuff gets really tired after awhile, you know? Who entitles any of these teams/programs/players to anything. If you saw it before, why didn't you stop it.

Go Jacks, you deserve it. Win out!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
          I found our inability to run the ball on 4th and 1 and 3rd and 1 very troubling. And the stupid out routes all the time...throw the ball down the field! When we have the 2 WR on the one side and the slot guy just does that out, why don't we ever pump fake that throw and throw it deep? Someone is going to jump that route and go pick 6 eventually.

For chrissakes, we won!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            If you saw it before, why didn't you stop it.
            Because he was too busy fumbling handoffs or throwing picks to stop it.

Comment

What was the deal with those drops?

We got a Daunte Culpepper situation here (big guy, tiny hands)?

------------

"They didn't show us anything new" = "they were who we thought they were"

Comment

Originally posted by danger41 View Post
                because he was too busy fumbling handoffs or throwing picks to stop it.
                zing!
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Grace should take some press conference lessons from Coach Farley. Did anyone think #75 could have had a holding penalty called almost every play? Best was when he pulled the jersey from one of our D-line over the shoulder pads and was called and he looked at the ref like, WHAT? Good times.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Jacks again seemed handled another very good team. I like winning these games by more than 1 play!!!

Didn't seem like UNI could even get close to TOB. Give the O-line some credit. Hard to block for the run with the entire team in the box.

One big play that may have gone unnoticed. When the UNI returner weaved through the KO coverage, Kyle Harris was the last guy to beat. They player juked, and Kyle made one heck of a tackle to save a likely TD. I think he may have kicked a few FG's...

UNI's lines were absolutely huge, but our guys not only had more intensity, but seemed to have the edge. The D-line was stellar, I believe having Jake Steffen back is another boost.

I'm not sure I bought into us being a top 10/national champion contender, but I'm a believer now!

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                      Tried that. I can get it driving around, but I'm home alone with my kids and it's nap time. Thank goodness for channelsurfing.net!
                      What were you doing napping when you were supposed to be watching the kids? I'm telling your wife!

Comment

Just recently got home from a disappointing game at Spartan stadium. I said if the Jacks win I'll be okay. So be it, looks from the stats that Mr. Obrien just may have turned into something special. I have not read any game responses to confirm. Way to go Jackrabbits.

Comment

"Congrats to Coach Stig and the whole SDSU football team. What a great win for the entire SDSU community."

http://twitter.com/CoachNagy

That's a pretty long tweet for Nagy.

Comment

The Jacks showed today that they can take on a powerhouse and come out on top. Now they need to win out and leave nothing to chance!
                            Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                            -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

I liked the part where it was kyle Minnet, snuffed for 2yds, kyle Minnet, snuffed again, about 4 or 5 times throughout the game , then when we were on a very important drive , one of the touchdown drives, they give the ball to Kyle & he breaks a long run.Caught them on a blitz & he ran right by them.Credit the play calling to not give up on a runner like Kyle,he came through big when we needed it.

Comment

Huge win by the Jacks. O'Brien and the defense led the way today. One of the poor sports in the UNI press conference was Mahoney, the kid from Sioux Falls. All game long, I was saying he should be wearing blue. After hearing him, I'm glad he had to be on the losing end of this one -- his final game against SDSU. General's injury could be a big one. We're not deep there. Looked like his knee. Yikes. Also, somebody posted how crazy it makes him that we can't pick up a yard or even a half yard via the run on third and fourth downs. Then, somebody kind of dismissed that attitude because we won. Well, we better start being able to convert in those situations. It's just a must. We should have had more points in the first half. UNI made some unforced mistakes (which, I'm sure, is why the players said they beat themselves), and we didn't make them pay. But that drive late in the game..WOW! Big! And the quick score right after half was important to get things going again. After Kyle's fumble just before half, it got QUIET. Real quiet. I don't think CAS has ever been so quiet at halftime.

Met some nice UNI fans. Did anybody meet Capt'n Cat? WHAT A DAY! Youngstown State awaits. It's a tough game, but...win that and we are in good, good shape. Each week, 1-0!
                                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                                X