Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNI Game Day Thread

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    Wow. I figured I would hear that kind of stuff from their fans, but not their players.
    Oh, yeah. I wasn't even going to bring this up...but I knew it would start as soon as the game was over. Every year when they lose in the playoffs, it's the same thing.

Comment

Not to be a told you so guy, but the one thing that made me think SDSU would win today was how UNI played against NDSU and SIU. They never put the Bison away, and they let them hang around for the whole game. Some Bison fans thought that UNI lack intensity of being that good of a ball team that should win games big time. This last week they lost to SIU in the final minutes, so something told me that the Panthers might be having problems with intensity and playing their best for 60 minutes. You can not deny that UNI has good speed and in general good athletism, but the intensity might not be what it should be to win football games in the Missouri Valley Football Conference. If the players own up to that, then thats half their battle for the rest of the season. 1-0 this week is the best game plan to have.

Comment

Heck with them. We beat 'em. Now we've got to beat YSU to set up a big game vs. SIU. SIU lost their starting QB for the season this week, by the way.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Not to be a told you so guy, but the one thing that made me think SDSU would win today was how UNI played against NDSU and SIU. They never put the Bison away, and they let them hang around for the whole game. Some Bison fans thought that UNI lack intensity of being that good of a ball team that should win games big time. This last week they lost to SIU in the final minutes, so something told me that the Panthers might be having problems with intensity and playing their best for 60 minutes. You can not deny that UNI has good speed and in general good athletism, but the intensity might not be what it should be to win football games in the Missouri Valley Football Conference. If the players own up to that, then thats half their battle for the rest of the season. 1-0 this week is the best game plan to have.
          Mark Farley was quoted last year as not being especially happy SDSU and NDSU were joining the league because he thought it was going to make the league even harder to win. Don't think the Missouri Valley has been an especially physical league in the past.

Comment

AWESOME!!! More later.
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by crjack View Post
              What a greaty day to be a Jackrabbit living in Iowa!
              Absolutely correct. What a great day to be a Jack. I think we just seen something very special today.

Great day at tailgating, atmosphere at Coughlin and a big time win over a quality football program.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Des Moines Register story:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...20702/91024010

Pat Grace is not exactly the picture of good sportsmanship, is he.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

From his body language last year at Cedar Falls, I thought Grace reminded me of a Boz Bosworth with some class, but maybe not. Grace could probably do Right Guard Commericals better than the boz though

I like Grace'size and ability to win, but tiny TOB is starting to make his mark in our record books.

I dont want to take anything away from the Jacks, we wanted this game bad and we got it, but at the same time, the losing team often loses with bad mistakes and poor execution, and if they say we beat ourselves, I find that hard to dispute. UNI is going south in terms of offense and Farley states they have a major problem and this is the worst time of the season to find these major problems appearing. Better UNI than SDSU.

Comment

Grace's dad started a whiny thread on Panthernation last week ripping the defense (he called it a "fake defense" for the SIU loss, as if his son's shaky play had nothing to do with it.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

Over on Panthernation.com they are ready to shot Mr. Grace. They are also talking about how great the UNI defense is and their offense sucks. Someone should point out to them that the Jacks just put up 429 yards on that great defense with a RSF at the helm.

You just gotta love it.

GBGBGJ

Comment

It's fun to see all the opposing fans flip out when we beat them, but it will be better in a few years when they're no longer surprised by it.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Let's see, we didn't show them anything new, they expected us to do exactly what we did. That sounds to me like an admission that we have more talented players than they do. How often have you heard of team that don't care if the other team knows what they are going to do, but dare them to stop it. Sounds like Grace and the rest of them are having are hard time dealing with the scoreboard.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I found our inability to run the ball on 4th and 1 and 3rd and 1 very troubling. And the stupid out routes all the time...throw the ball down the field! When we have the 2 WR on the one side and the slot guy just does that out, why don't we ever pump fake that throw and throw it deep? Someone is going to jump that route and go pick 6 eventually.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I know what you are saying, but that is exactly what they did on Fox's TD.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Well well. Great win Jackrabbits! I've got to admit, I was VERY frustrated at halftime. Someone in an earlier thread mentioned we've got to come out and "punch them in the mouth" and we had several opportunities to do so in the first half and failed each time. I was not happy to be down 7-6.

Having said that, the second half was much better and they totally redeemed themselves!

I hope General's injury is not as serious as Stig said it may be.

Was NOT impressed with UNI players pregame as I happened to walk by them as they were in their pregame huddle. In the span of 15 seconds, I heard six f-bombs...apparantly f-bombs do not work, time to try something else. I'm sure its common, and I'm probably being a sally but really..? Nothing but class from the few UNI fans I talked to.

Farley said postgame, TOB was the difference in the game. I agree.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X