Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Raasch's Take on Jacks Fans.

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Crowd participation on 3rd down much better this week.
    Crowd much better at least on the east side this week. The old farts were even on their feet after I started screaming at them to get up! I can't talk today but it was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
      Crowd much better at least on the east side this week. The old farts were even on their feet after I started screaming at them to get up! I can't talk today but it was worth it.
      Yes, the crowd was better, but can we stop ragging on the senior citizens? My Dad's 77 and hasn't missed an SDSU football game in something like 45 years. Nobody has been more of a supporter of Jackrabbit athletics. Would it be OK if he remains seated? Or should we ask him to stay home so somebody else can stand in his place?

I'm guessing that there are a great many similar senior citizen fans out there who just can't jump up and down during the whole game. Can we show them some respect?
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        Yes, the crowd was better, but can we stop ragging on the senior citizens? My Dad's 77 and hasn't missed an SDSU football game in something like 45 years. Nobody has been more of a supporter of Jackrabbit athletics. Would it be OK if he remains seated? Or should we ask him to stay home so somebody else can stand in his place?

I'm guessing that there are a great many similar senior citizen fans out there who just can't jump up and down during the whole game. Can we show them some respect?
        Thanks I am 68 and its tough to stay active and it does not get any better down the road. Your right your Dad has been very generous to SDSU and in other ways besides with the check book.

Comment

I'm no where near 60 and I was worn out after that game from the yelling. So yes, a break should be given the older fans. Isn't the saying, "Old guys rule"?

Go Jacks!
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I sit in section E on the West side and I thought there were many occasions when people in my section were screaming with as much intensity as the east side. I don't think we can measure how loud the crowd is when playing outside (compared to a dome). I think the players on the field heard us.

Comment

I know it isn't the case. But, I like to think UNI's procedure penalty on 3rd down was due to crowd noise.
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Nothing personal Jimmy. My dad calls himself an old fart I think of it as a term of endearment. I'll be more politically correct on my next post.

Comment

Nothing personal Jimmy. My dad calls himself an old fart I think of it as a term of endearment. I'll be more politically correct on my next post.
                  You completely missed the point. Nobody cares about being called an "old fart."

The problem is that you're griping that they're not standing. In fact you're bragging that you're hollering at them to stand. Maybe when you're 77, you'll understand why they're sitting there yelling instead of standing up.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Anybody got attendance numbers on the game?

Edit: Never mind, found it.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                      Anybody got attendance numbers on the game?
                      I saw in the game thread like 15,523 or thereabouts for attendance.

The problem is that you're griping that they're not standing. In fact you're bragging that you're hollering at them to stand. Maybe when you're 77, you'll understand why they're sitting there yelling instead of standing up.
                      As for yelling for people to stand and yell, common sense has to prevail....I'd say a general arms waving motion like the players do and maybe a "lets get loud" scream would suffice. No need to call out specific groups of people for not standing. Or like I decided earlier this year, only buy tickets in Row 16 (top row) on the east side...great seats, and you can stand the whole game.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I wasn't hollering at anyone specific did I say I was? I was yelling out loud "come on everyone, on your feet let's make some noise Jack fans". Is that acceptable? Never assume you know what happens when you assume.

Comment

Too much arguing over who is the bigger fan.

The Jacks are undefeated in one of the two best FCS conferences with an inside track to the playoffs. The fans were into it. Whether they stood up or sat they were loud. Celebrate the win and be happy, SDSU is good at football!

Comment

I wasn't hollering at anyone specific did I say I was? I was yelling out loud "come on everyone, on your feet let's make some noise Jack fans". Is that acceptable? Never assume you know what happens when you assume.
                            Actually, yes, you did say you were hollering specifically at the "old farts". To quote you exactly, you wrote:

The old farts were even on their feet after I started screaming at them to get up!
                            That's what I responded to. Are you now saying you didn't write that? Or maybe that's not what you meant to say.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your spirit and am happy that we have fans like you (and me) who stand and cheer. All I'm saying is that some of our senior fans prefer, for a variety of reasons, to sit and cheer. And that's their right. It doesn't make them "bad" fans. On the contrary, they're some of the most loyal fans we've got.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

And some of the senior fans are the loudest we've got. A fan that stayed with Jackrabbit football through the 70's, 80's and 90's has to be respected for loyalty.

I appreciate the support of an Auggie grad but, just because one supports the Jacks doesn't give the right to berate the grads from 30, 40, 50, 60 years back.

Stand up, cheer, set an example, others will follow or not.

Comment

Actually, yes, you did say you were hollering specifically at the "old farts". To quote you exactly, you wrote:

That's what I responded to. Are you now saying you didn't write that? Or maybe that's not what you meant to say.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your spirit and am happy that we have fans like you (and me) who stand and cheer. All I'm saying is that some of our senior fans prefer, for a variety of reasons, to sit and cheer. And that's their right. It doesn't make them "bad" fans. On the contrary, they're some of the most loyal fans we've got.
                                I guess I will have to be more careful in how I word things. What kind of person would scream at older fans in the stand to get up and cheer? I didn't word things how I should and you jumped all over it. I apologize and I'll be more careful how I word things in the future. The fact is I've made some great friends in the stands being a season ticket holder for the first time has been a lot of fun. If you asked the people around me if I was screaming at them and threatening them to get up and cheer they would think you were crazy. Of course I didn't scream for anyone to stand up. I was yelling for us as Jackrabbit fans to make some noise on big plays. That is all I was saying. Again, I apologize for my wording I'm a really good person, I swear to you and I love my grandma and love all my elders. lol I even opened up a door for an elderly man that was walking with a cane at Lewis the other day. A warning to all posters... be careful how you say things JimmyJack will disect your post and jump all over you if he doesn't like what he hears.

Comment

Working...
                                X