Ndsu gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ndsu gdt

The offense has been pretty flat tonight. Good thing the defense played well after the first drive of NDSU. We need to play much much better next weekend, because UNI is going to be pissed off. We could be running into a buzzsaw.

Comment

Minett almost scores, gets caught and dragged down at the 10.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SDSU 28, NDSU 13, final.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Cool. Another good win.
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Good win.

We will need to play much better next week.

Comment

If we don't pick it up a couple of notches uni will make us pay more than the bison did

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I hope the offensive play calling gets more aggressive. For some reason whenever we get a small lead we decide to run 3 times and punt. It worked out tonight but we can only lean on the defensive so much (even though they are very good). Give the QB a chance to make a play, he's a damn good player. I just dont understand it. We did it last week also against MSU and it almost cost us. Next week it will if we do the same.

BTW the post game interviews are pretty sweet.
                Last edited by Rabbit3467; 10-17-2009, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Jacks seemed in control most of the game. Responded well in needed situations. Dominated the 2nd half. I'm not a fan of prevent or playing not to lose, but the game was in hand and we were running much better than usual. The intensity was still there.

Would have rather had UNI undefeated for next week, but shouldn't change how SDSU prepares or executes. Could easily be two or three tied at the end this year.

Comment

Anyone not think Domino is named Player of the Week. Two interceptions, one TD, and 12 tackles I believe. I guess have to wait to see what other players did but he is my pick.
                    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

• Re: Ndsu gdt

Not a real impressive win, but a good win. Bison definately had chances to be in this game....but what I've read elsewhere rang true tonight, they just don't have the ability to make the big play.

As for the Bison lady that questioned whether I felt CAS and the tailgaiting experience north of CAS felt D1 to me, because it sure felt "high school" to her....I think you better worry more about the state of your football program then our facilities.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        As for the Bison lady that questioned whether I felt CAS and the tailgaiting experience north of CAS felt D1 to me, because it sure felt "high school" to her.
                        I had to chuckle when they were whining about the mud on the walk in. One comment I heard was, "Haven't you ever heard of asphalt." They must be used to having to keep their feet clean so they don't get the carpet in the Fargodome dirty. The game was on TV. Did anyone remind them that they could have stayed home? If you don't like the accomadations don't come down here.

I had a blast today. Tailgating was fun. Good game, we should have hung 42 on them. Mertens runs the ball well, I was impressed by that. The Jacks D did a good job of tightening up after the first drive.

Can't wait for the Panthers. Not a big Pat Grace fan.

Comment

Home from the game. Wow, that second half defense was sick. I heard on the radio the Bison had 27 plays for 51 yards in the second half. I don't know what happened for plays in the SIU/UNI game, but Derek Domino MVFC defensive player of the week, should be national player of the week...again. That guy was absolutely amazing.

The "dumbing down" of the offense was disappointing. It all happend after the near pick six. I don't know where that duck came from out of TOB's hand, but whew! Once again, don't know what players came through in the SIU/UNI game, but Kyle Minett, MVFC offensive player of the week may be coming also. The o-line imposing their will in the second half was very comforting to see against a team that had locked down the run for the most part all year.

The special teams was disgusting. That whole squad except Montague should be running laps all week for their performance. That touched punt was huge, it could have easily let them back in the game. Why even run down after that ball? The Jacks were getting the ball in Bison territory if the whole team sat on their hands at the line of scrimmage. Then bring ol' "30" in and end the thing.

O, and Bison fans...SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. You're 1-6. Like Bill Parcells once said "you are what your record says."

Comment

Have been home about an hour...reading through the gdt and other threads.

It was a satisfying win. I'll say this about the Bison: I thought their band did a great job. (I'm serious, their band was good. Our Pride was a little better but the Gold Star Band puts nearly all other bands to shame.)

The Bison fans I saw tailgating were good people. A little bit of good-natured ribbing was exchange but for the most part, the Bison hung with other Bison and the Jackrabbits hung with other Jackrabbits. I estimate the Bison brought about 3,000 fans to the game, including their band. They were pretty quiet much of the game.

Mertens is not as bad as portrayed on Bisonville. When he decides to run, it's a little scarey. Bison obviously need a kicker.

Comment

The guy pictured below has no concept of a straight line. [No wonder he was arrested for DUI last spring -- when asked to walk a straight line, the guy had no choice! ] He lined up as wide receiver obviously offsides on several plays. The sideline ref actually reached in his pocket and started pulling his flag but then did not throw his flag. It happened right in front of the west side close to the 40 yard line. Later, he did it again but on the second occasion, the sideline zebra flagged him.

#1 Shamen Washington

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                                Home from the game. Wow, that second half defense was sick. I heard on the radio the Bison had 27 plays for 51 yards in the second half. I don't know what happened for plays in the SIU/UNI game, but Derek Domino MVFC defensive player of the week, should be national player of the week...again. That guy was absolutely amazing.

The "dumbing down" of the offense was disappointing. It all happend after the near pick six. I don't know where that duck came from out of TOB's hand, but whew! Once again, don't know what players came through in the SIU/UNI game, but Kyle Minett, MVFC offensive player of the week may be coming also. The o-line imposing their will in the second half was very comforting to see against a team that had locked down the run for the most part all year.

The special teams was disgusting. That whole squad except Montague should be running laps all week for their performance. That touched punt was huge, it could have easily let them back in the game. Why even run down after that ball? The Jacks were getting the ball in Bison territory if the whole team sat on their hands at the line of scrimmage. Then bring ol' "30" in and end the thing.

O, and Bison fans...SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. You're 1-6. Like Bill Parcells once said "you are what your record says."
                                Replayed showed that the "Duck" TOB through was tipped at the line.... it seems though like they do really go conservative with the offense with a lead, they did it last week also....

Comment

Working...
                                X