Cal Poly Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cal Poly Game Thread

Now we see why Crawford started. TO looks good at times, just evident that he is a RFr.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      That's probably the game. Darn.
      A pick for a touch down and a fumble for a touch down. Defense played well enough to win this game. Our offense let us down tonight. If Crawford cannot go at least O'Brien will have a full week of practice with the starting lineup. At least we have Missouri State prior to NDSU and UNI.

Go effort gentlemen.

GBGBGJ

Comment

We'll be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
          A pick for a touch down and a fumble for a touch down. Defense played well enough to win this game. Our offense let us down tonight. If Crawford cannot go at least O'Brien will have a full week of practice with the starting lineup. At least we have Missouri State prior to NDSU and UNI.

Go effort gentlemen.

GBGBGJ
          In case you hadn't noticed Miss State is good. They won at Youngstown today. That will be another tough one.

Comment

First team defense has given up one TD in four games, IIRC. This isn't a season ender by any means. Lost to a ranked team on the road after the starting QB goes out with injury in first half.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Well the defense has played well, giving up 3 TD's this season. The offense has also let the other team score 3 TD's. That is not good.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Ahh, what a bummer. Can't give up defensive TD's in games are you know are going to be close, thats for sure.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I think Poly showed the FCS world they are still relevant this year and SDSU showed that we are too but we just have a bit more work to do to push to that elite level. I sure hope that the series with Poly can continue. There have been some seriously great games in there.

Best case scenario for Crawford is a sprain that has him only missing a few weeks. Worst case he's done.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

TOB played OK, given that he was called into action because of injury. The first interception/TD should have been caught by Cochart. I'm guessing the coaches are kicking themselves for dropping him into the end zone on that last fumble. Might have been smarter to put the game in the hands of your stud RB at that point.

TOB forced the last interception. But earlier there were a bunch of drops.

I hope Crawford will recover quickly, but if he can't I'm comfortable that the coaches will put in a game plan that plays to TOB's strengths. You have to give the kid some credit. He stepped in and played pretty well considering it was his first action against a pretty tough defense.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I was frustrated the Jacks didn't take any shots downfield all game with TOB. But in the end, it turned out they didn't trust him going downfield for a reason. Really too bad. The D played good, but the O just couldn't convert 3rd downs. I'm not sure we made it into Cal Poly's side of the field at all in the second half. Props to their defense.

I thought this was going to be the year we finish better than 7-4 and make the playoffs but that game made it look like we might be on the outside looking in again.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        We'll be alright.
                        Oh, I think so too, in the long run.

The D is good enough to carry us until O'Brien gets comfortable--and I don't think that will take too long.

It's a loss, but it's not a conference loss.

Missouri State, then NDSU, then the showdown with UNI.

But first, the Bears at Springfield.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Didn't like the play calling or adjustments (lack of) in the 2nd half. Really disappointed in our O-line's ability to run block. Teams have been running on Cal Poly. We looked anemic. Defense played well; bent, didn't break. How smart does their coach look by punting instead of going for it 4th?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                            I was frustrated the Jacks didn't take any shots downfield all game with TOB. But in the end, it turned out they didn't trust him going downfield for a reason. Really too bad. The D played good, but the O just couldn't convert 3rd downs. I'm not sure we made it into Cal Poly's side of the field at all in the second half. Props to their defense.

I thought this was going to be the year we finish better than 7-4 and make the playoffs but that game made it look like we might be on the outside looking in again.
                            I'm guessing that was because of Poly's pressure. But no doubt there'll be some plays put in the game plan for next week that will take advantage of TOB's arm.

I hope we can all show some patience for O'Brien as he gets more comfortable. He's obviously very talented. There will be a learning curve for him. For example, MVFC game next week at Missouri State. TOB has already seen a tougher D than he's likely to see there.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Great game Jacks. Two evenly matched teams. Poly got the bounces. I think the long trip for your team and homefield really helped Poly. Your defense is outstanding, having the offense give up two TD's is tough. Best of luck in the MVFC and hope we continue this burgeoning rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                                Didn't like the play calling or adjustments (lack of) in the 2nd half. Really disappointed in our O-line's ability to run block. Teams have been running on Cal Poly. We looked anemic. Defense played well; bent, didn't break. How smart does their coach look by punting instead of going for it 4th?
                                FBS teams have been running on Cal Poly. Sacramento State had 42 rushing yards against them.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X