Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cal Poly Game Thread

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    You could be right. Numbers suggest they did more than just hang in there with us. 20 first downs and 35 minutes of possession, pretty dominate. I think our players would admit that they expected more from the team, in fact some of them did. Cal-Poly made some huge mistakes as did we. Again, great win for Poly and taking nothing away from them a very disappointing loss for the Jackrabbits. There were some similarities to last years game. Poly moved the ball outside the hashes nearly at will. The main difference, they had almost no red zone offense and made some horrible decisions in our territory or the would have scored more points and had even more possession time. They deserved to win that game and earned a nice victory. A victory they needed and I think wanted more than we did. We can disagree if you'd like but that's the way I see it. I want to and expect to see this program come out and win games like this one. I guess that is what I am trying to say. You can focus on my comment about effort or you can look at the result.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
      You know I was at the game too and I guess I saw something different. I saw two heavy weight fighters standing toe to toe and trading blows. I didn't think the Jacks came out flat I think that they were playing a very good football team. One that like us was ranked in the top 25.

They did some things to us and we did some things to them and I felt like we were going to win right up to the end. I thought we would go into OT and I felt our offense (even with a 2nd string RS Frosh. QB) had a better chance to score on their D then their O did on our D.

Disappointing loss and disappointing injuries but I am not sure you can fault the effort of the team. You have to give some credit to Cal Poly they are a good football team. This was nothing like last year's game.

Go State!
      I would think you would not disagree that the Cal Poly team was the best that we have faced this season, and as far as over-confidence remarks, I think they applied more to fans like myself and others than to the team. Its hard to judge what was going through the players minds during the game. I suspect they begin to realize as the game went on that the opponent was more or at least equally skilled as what they saw on the game videos during the week.

I will be the last one to suggest that our guys did not think they could win even at the very end. I think they did think along your line of thinking. The few team members I have met have been very impressive and positive kids for their age. (I wish I had thought like them when I was their age.) The game was winable. Its frustrating to hear what we did hear via Steve Immings description for the last few minutes. I would loved to have been at the game.

I think what Stig mentioned is post game show is of importance which in effect Coach Walsh snooker him in strategy by not going for the FG and instead punting and giving us no field position. Then they gambled that that OBrien would be rattled by a blitz. Not blaming OBrien, not blaming coaches, or players. There was enough blame to go around for everyone. We move on agreeing and disagreeing.

Comment

The last blitz was rediculous. O'Brien was hit so fast. It was almost as if there wasn't any line there in the first place. One guy basicall hurdled our RB.

Comment

I posted some short videos of the game here: The Mustang Range

There was an excellent turnout of Jackrabbits fans in SLO.. seemed like about the same visiting crowd as Montana brings. Congrats to the great fanbase.

I managed to captured a SDSU touchdown in one of the clips.

Hope to see many match ups against the Jackrabbits in the future.

Comment

Thanks, ExpandSpanos!

Comment

Hey no problemo.. I have some serious respect for the Jackrabbits. The game really could have gone either way, and wasn't a decisive win at all, the teams were very even.

I'll be listening to the game in Springfield.. Hope to see you guys again in the playoffs if we can manage to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by ExpandSpanos View Post
                Hey no problemo.. I have some serious respect for the Jackrabbits. The game really could have gone either way, and wasn't a decisive win at all, the teams were very even.

I'll be listening to the game in Springfield.. Hope to see you guys again in the playoffs if we can manage to make it.
                Beat Montana this week and your chances to make the playoffs increases dramatically, as I don't really see you guys losing a conference game. I know I'll be rooting to see you guys make the playoffs.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  Beat Montana this week and your chances to make the playoffs increases dramatically, as I don't really see you guys losing a conference game. I know I'll be rooting to see you guys make the playoffs.
                  Yeah, we'll see if that happens, we're an 8.5 point underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by ExpandSpanos View Post
                    Wow! What a great venue for football.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                    X