Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU@Cal-Poly

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Fair enough. Good luck out there. We play them Nov. 14th. Let me know where to eat and stay.

SDSU 31 CAL POLY 30

I think the 'Yotes have a good chance to win. I can't stand either team, so I'll be happy one of them lost.

USD 35 UND 31
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      I think the 'Yotes have a good chance to win. I can't stand either team, so I'll be happy one of them lost.

USD 35 UND 31
      I left USD out of the equation, and haven't said a thing about them this week. I hope USD does win and thanks for the "positive" comment.

Comment

Go Jacks, Go Yotes...

Hopefully I will be able to at least get updates on the games while we are in sioux falls for the walk on saturday...
        - Walk Now For Autism Speaks - Sioux Falls - June 9, 2012: My Personal Page

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Good one. My children ages 7, 5, and 3 will be at my house and I don't think Jeff wants to deal with them. Although, they should be in bed shortly after kickoff our time. Gonna be a whale of a game.
          Mine are 11, 7, 5, doc so little ones don't bother me, but this trip home is a quick one and a little break from the little ones for four days. Hope the wife don't read this.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            Mine are 11, 7, 5, doc so little ones don't bother me, but this trip home is a quick one and a little break from the little ones for four days. Hope the wife don't read this.
            I called and told her about your message on here. She didn't seem too happy. (j/k)
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              Any viewing parties in the Yankton area for the game Saturday night.

Dads 88yo and goes to bed early. computers in his room. Dang it. Hopfully wireless works around his house.
              I tried having a viewing party once for an away game. I won't do that again until the reliability of the webcast gets a better. Nothing worse than a room full of 15 people (half of which weren't even Jacks fans and had to be talked into coming) going home 15 minutes after kickoff because the stream wasn't working. Okay, nobody went home since we had beer to drink, but it still sucked.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.as...spx?id=4257487

Sports Network is predicting the Jacks to win 24-21.

It's time for SDSU to show they can beat a good team.

Comment

The Mustangs have their backs against the wall because of the fact the Great West doesn't have an automatic qualifier to get into the playoffs. It's too bad for them they scheduled two FBS schools, but with their talent and confidence, they may have thought they could pull out one of them to boost their at-large chances, or maybe it just had to do with scheduling and the difficulty of it in the Great West.

Regardless of what their coach says, all of a sudden they are in the playoffs three weeks into the season. Win out and go to the real playoffs. One loss and stay home. This worries me because this is the first game of their "playoffs". There's no doubt they will be 100% focused. The Jacks can't be any less than 100% focused either. But like I said earlier, I know 1-0 is the motto, but there's no doubt in my mind the Jacks had this one circled on their calendar before the season. They knew this would be their best opponent to date and they still remember last year. 100% focused should not be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                    http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.as...spx?id=4257487

Sports Network is predicting the Jacks to win 24-21.

It's time for SDSU to show they can beat a good team.

Wow they are being kind to the Sycamores. If N. Iowa stays under 50 I'd be suprised even with ISU's decent defense and the "0" for ISU is about a given against the 3rd ranked team in the country.

I haven't seen the line on this game yet, but if it's under 55, I'd be suprised.

Oh, and I like the Jacks score, hopefully their right.

Comment

This game is tough... I think Cal Poly is down SDSU is up and the D is going to create pts from turnovers or field position.

SDSU 30 Poly 16

Comment

I'm one of those fans who approaches each game with waryness and respect for the opponent. The Game Which Shall Not Be Mentioned taught me that.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          I'm one of those fans who approaches each game with waryness and respect for the opponent. The Game Which Shall Not Be Mentioned taught me that.
                          QFT. You know the old saying, Any given saturday.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I expect us to win. I expect it to be a tough game. I'll say we'll escape by 7. I would note that we've only been badly beaten by Cal Poly once, last year, when Dally and Grayson and Barden took it to us. I think we lost our first meeting at SLO (as a 38 scholarship team) by 7, won our second by one or two.

I don't see any Jonathan Dally or Ramses Barden or James Noble on that roster. No doubt they'll be tough at home, but we've always played them tough. And I'm pretty sure this is our best team yet.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

This is always a tough game. Cal-Poly is a well coached team, and I'm not saying SDSU isn't. I just wish all the Cal-Poly games were in Brookings because they are really good games.
                              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                                This is always a tough game. Cal-Poly is a well coached team, and I'm not saying SDSU isn't. I just wish all the Cal-Poly games were in Brookings because they are really good games.
                                Actually, I'm glad that we go out to Poly. We get a great chance to connect with the legendary J. Lohr, and the CA based Jacks fans and Alumni get a chance to see the Jacks play live. Cal Poly has been a great test every season, and come selection time this is a key game. Cal Poly plays two FBS because they can't manage to book enough FCS teams to do home n homes. I will miss seeing the Stangs on the schedule for the next several seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X