Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU@Cal-Poly

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    I think with Batten and Steffen on the outside and our linebacker corps that we have the speed to handle most any running attack we'll run up against. I'm much more worried about a power running game (UNI?) than I am against an option/speed attack like Cal Poly, especially if they don't have a passing game to keep us honest.
    I'm still worried about their speed on the outside. Grayson burned us pretty good last year.

The player I will miss the least for Cal Poly is the QB, Dally. That guy was amazing. He was a great runner, a decent passer, and seemed to make great decisions. Maybe without a threat like Dally it'll be easier to focus on stopping their backs.

Actually, I will miss Dally a lot. He was a blast to watch.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I for one am always nervous playing Cal-Poly. They always field an excellent team. However, I've got to believe they are down this year. Since it's in S.L.O., I'll say SDSU 24 Cal Poly 20. Very unsure of that prediction though, the triple option scares me.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        The triple option scares me.
        If we can get our defense to play assignment football, we should have no problem stopping the triple option. Problem is, that is WAY easier said than done.

Hopefully we can put together some long drives and eat up some clock and get a couple stops on their offense. If we can force them into playing catch up, that bodes well for us. If not, it should get pretty interesting. Either way, I think SDSU takes it.

Comment

The team is flying Friday I'm assuming? This should be a nice change compared to the bus trip last week, and then again next week.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            I'm still worried about their speed on the outside. Grayson burned us pretty good last year.

The player I will miss the least for Cal Poly is the QB, Dally. That guy was amazing. He was a great runner, a decent passer, and seemed to make great decisions. Maybe without a threat like Dally it'll be easier to focus on stopping their backs.

Actually, I will miss Dally a lot. He was a blast to watch.
            Dally was a stud. I won't miss him one bit though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit_Joe View Post
              Definitely will tune into the game saturday while we are at our son's Autism Walk.... GO JACKS...

And yes everyone is right -- this will be a good indicator for the rest of the year...
              Walking in the dark almost to midnight? Joe remind us again what time the Walk for Autism starts?

Comment

Posted elsewhere:

SDSU-Cal Poly game to air on Jackrabbit Extra
                Saturday’s football game between South Dakota State and Cal Poly has been added to the Jackrabbit Extra video streaming lineup.

Kickoff of the matchup between nationally ranked teams is scheduled for 6:05 p.m. Pacific Time (8:05 p.m. Central) in San Luis Obispo, Calif. The 3-0 Jackrabbits are ranked 15th in this week’s Football Championship Subdivision Coaches’ Poll and 16th in the Sports Network media poll. Cal Poly, 1-2 overall, is ranked 17th in the coaches’ poll and 19th by the media.

Video streaming of SDSU’s Oct. 10 game at Missouri State also will be available on the Jackrabbit Extra. In addition, the Jackrabbits’ Oct. 1 volleyball match at UMKC and Oct. 7 matchup at Drake (Iowa) will be carried on the Jackrabbit Extra.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Any viewing parties in the Yankton area for the game Saturday night.

Dads 88yo and goes to bed early. computers in his room. Dang it. Hopfully wireless works around his house.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                    The team is flying Friday I'm assuming? This should be a nice change compared to the bus trip last week, and then again next week.

The team and supporting cast fly out of Sioux Falls Friday 9 AM or so. It would be a great trip to go on someday. Lots of extras with this trip to go along with the football game. Plus, SLA is a very nice place to spend a couple of days.

The game will be web cast on gojacks.com

Jacks 27-17

GBGBGJ

Comment

Comments from Caly Poly coach Tim Walsh about last weeks game and SDSU.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5y13...eature=related

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeSyS...eature=related
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        Any viewing parties in the Yankton area for the game Saturday night.

Dads 88yo and goes to bed early. computers in his room. Dang it. Hopfully wireless works around his house.
                        You'd be welcome at my home if I wasn't going to be at the game in SLO. I don't know of any watch parties but you always have WNAX and I bet you can find a chair to sit in with a cooler of cold ones near by.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          You'd be welcome at my home if I wasn't going to be at the game in SLO. I don't know of any watch parties but you always have WNAX and I bet you can find a chair to sit in with a cooler of cold ones near by.
                          i.e. doc doesn't trust you in his house

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            i.e. doc doesn't trust you in his house
                            Good one. My children ages 7, 5, and 3 will be at my house and I don't think Jeff wants to deal with them. Although, they should be in bed shortly after kickoff our time. Gonna be a whale of a game.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                              Comments from Caly Poly coach Tim Walsh about last weeks game and SDSU.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5y13...eature=related

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeSyS...eature=related
                              To get back on topic, the SLO coach seems to be a motivator type guy. He was complimentry to SDSU in that we are winning by 4 tds even though the combined w-l records of our opponents is not impressive. He further stated we have faced the option more than once and have handled well. Though he respects us I dont expect he will direct his team to fall over and drop dead. I think this coach is very capable and Ellerson's departure was just a small blimp on the screen. I expect this will be a very good game and lets hope we come out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                Good one. My children ages 7, 5, and 3 will be at my house and I don't think Jeff wants to deal with them. Although, they should be in bed shortly after kickoff our time. Gonna be a whale of a game.
                                Fair enough. Good luck out there. We play them Nov. 14th. Let me know where to eat and stay.

SDSU 31 CAL POLY 30

Comment

Working...
                                X