Georgia Southern Game Thead 9/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Georgia Southern Game Thead 9/12

I realize this is off topic, but is there a place on the web that covers the FCS scores and does recaps? I have been looking but not finding. THanks

Comment

Oh, one more cool thing about tonight's game. NFL Hall of Famer Jim Langer sat right in front of us.

It was fun to hear his running commentary on the game.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        Oh, one more cool thing about tonight's game. NFL Hall of Famer Jim Langer sat right in front of us.

It was fun to hear his running commentary on the game.
        That is pretty cool.

We were right behind Crawford's fiancee and future parents-in-law.

She admitted she was far more nervous than he was.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Oops, posted this in the wrong thread and moved it here.

That was a very impressive performance tonight by the entire team. Hhhmmmmm, we may have found a quarterback! 15-21 and three or four of those incompletions were thrown away. That is damn impressive. Defense didn't let GSU cross the 20 yard line once.

The last several years the Jacks have been slow out of the gates. SO MUCH FOR THAT!!!

GSU isn't what they were but I think we can pley with anyone if we play like that.

It is awesome to have college football season finally here!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
            I realize this is off topic, but is there a place on the web that covers the FCS scores and does recaps? I have been looking but not finding. THanks

Check out CSN-College Sporting News.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionne...dex.php?blog=5
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Very good game. Was nervous about the week late start. GSU's inexperience showed throughout the game and sure looked beaten well before the end.

Crawford decisions were impressive, if you had to nitpick, Steffen's first TD was a bit behind him. Not bad for second worst play.

How but TO's TD pass for his first completion. Fresh to Soph. Future is bright.

Great day to be a Jackrabitt!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post

Future is bright.
                I was very impressed with all the young guys that got to play! One play stands out: Their QB rolled to his left and Bo Helm came on a blitz away from the rollout. He turned on the burners and ran him down all the way across the field as he released the ball. VERY impressive athletic play.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                  http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreb...2&weekNumber=2

Use the above link for scores (you might have to change weeks). They do have a recap section but it usually isn't a huge game description.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I'm just so happy...the one game I'm wasn't able to attend was a great one. This was huge and hopefully a big building block!

Alot of solid posts on here....from the broadcast team.....to "we're a team w/ a bright future" to showing our "South Dakota Values" to fans being classless. I don't think we ever need to be jerks to an opposing team. Root for our Jacks, not against the athelets that play against them. Always know we are representing our fine state. I'm so happy right now.....D2 can suck it! This was huge folks, this was HUGE!

Comment

Not much to add here except we dont want to play GSU again in two years, they will be a much different team. Our guys came and played as they were expected to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                        I was very impressed with all the young guys that got to play! One play stands out: Their QB rolled to his left and Bo Helm came on a blitz away from the rollout. He turned on the burners and ran him down all the way across the field as he released the ball. VERY impressive athletic play.
                        I caught that play too, but just a few minutes prior, I notice Bo on the sidelines and wondered who he was so had to look at my program. What a hard working kid from Texas and he does have a good pair of wheels. We got some very talented people and hopefully their education is first on their list as not everyone is going to get to play and play all the time.

Comment

Great game last night. Sat next to parents of the GSU quarterback. He said his sone has never seen pressure like that in his entire career at any level. Defense was relentless. One of you brought up Bo Helm running across the field to put pressure on GSU's quarterback late in the game. That boy can run!! The backups really looked good, some of them skinny but plenty of talent. Great game Indiana State game will be over by halftime.

Comment

What a great night!

Comment

Maybe this is why GSU's coach doesn't want to continue this series, we caught up to them and blew past them. 63-7 in 2004 is way in the rear-view mirror.

Solid game overall. Left some points on the field in the first half, but I guess I was not terribly suprised as this was the first game. Third quarter was a thing of beauty.

Comment

Grades for last night:

Quarterback: B, wasn't asked to do a lot. Was effective and moved in the pocket nicely, especially on the long td to Steffen. Better quit cramping up because if TOB gets some more time and throws balls like the td pass he had, look out.

RB's: A-, took awhile for Minett to break one, but knew it was coming. Duffy's fumble was biggest lowpoint. Would have like to have seem more of the backups.

WR's: B, no drops, suprised Steffen for how big he is could outrun their secondary.

O-line: B+, one sack, wore them down and gave Minett some good gaps.

Front 7: A-, Great pressure, seemed like the 5 times they ran the ball it was for way too many yards.

Secondary: B+, didn't like how they were willing to give up 8 yards every time, but that was probably more coaching. The picks were gimmies, but they took advantage of them.

Special Teams: B, good returns, allowed a couple of longer returns, good kicking overall. I like Harris better than Reifenrath.

Coaches: B+, good gameplan overall, should have tested Crawford a little more. They still have a nice warmup next week to get him more comfortable in the saddle, but three road games after that, he is going to need to be ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X