Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Georgia Southern Game Thead 9/12

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    I like this Channelsurfing.net... are they doing this for ALL the Jacks' games?
    I had good luck with Channelsurfing.net during the half time. Started to break up on me once action got underway. I have very limited bandwidth (pay for 1.5 mb but usually measures at about 300)-- did it work ok for others?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
      I had good luck with Channelsurfing.net during the half time. Started to break up on me once action got underway. I have very limited bandwidth (pay for 1.5 mb but usually measures at about 300)-- did it work ok for others?
      Only time I had problems was during half time.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Glad to see the 2's getting some reps in the game. Those are invaluable in terms of development.

Comment

Jump TV has been perfect in Lawrence for me tonight. Seriously, not one single problem.

I was just over at the GSUFANS board. Not very classy at all right now from a few of them. The ones that have come over here to our board have been very cool. Some on their board are really downplaying us big time. One called Minett average. I question whether that dude knows anything about football.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            Jump TV has been perfect in Lawrence for me tonight. Seriously, not one single problem.

I was just over at the GSUFANS board. Not very classy at all right now from a few of them. The ones that have come over here to our board have been very cool. Some on their board are really downplaying us big time. One called Minett average. I question whether that dude knows anything about football.
            For a team that's been at the top, this has to be a big let down. Don't think they're too snarky, considering.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
              For a team that's been at the top, this has to be a big let down. Don't think they're too snarky, considering.
              Understood. There has to be some frustration, but to belittle what we are doing to them is pretty ridiculous. I do understand what you mean though. To go from six national championships to relative doormat has to feel terrible.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Great first game of the season!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Awesome game for us. Very impressed with the team, in all phases.

We need to enjoy this game but don't be satisfied with it.

And on the GSU front, they'll be back. A program like that won't let this sit well and they'll be back swinging.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                    Awesome game for us. Very impressed with the team, in all phases.

We need to enjoy this game but don't be satisfied with it.

And on the GSU front, they'll be back. A program like that won't let this sit well and they'll be back swinging.
                    No doubt, they had a lot of young players on the field and you know they will only get better.

Comment

I was really impressed with Mike Steffen.... he is healthy and looks to be a real threat this year. Harris looked good with the kicking... Crawford has one of the ugliest throwing motions I've seen but if he can do what he did I am fine with it.... Minnett looked really good

Comment

Score of the night SFA 92 Texas College 0

Comment

They had the play of the game wrong. TD catch was nice but it wasn't the play of the game. The actual play of the game was the interception. Number 19 for Georgia Southern is running down the field with his hands extended, then POOF, ball gone. He didn't even see Conrad fly through the air and make the interception. I was laughing so damn hard. I have to believe in his mind, he thought he had a touchdown then POOF!!!! Great play.
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Just got home from the game.

Obviously, not a whole lot to be disappointed with tonight. Crawford looked very poised and only had 1 bad throw, but we got a FG out of it....basically his only incompletions were throw aways.

Minnett refuses to be tackled by the first guy that hits him. My throat is hoarse from cheering...a feeling I've longed for since last November.

On a side note, I made my first enemy at a Jacks game...a guy on the east side on the North 35 yd line was being a classless ass and I yelled at him for it. From the people around it seems its commonplace from him. I think more people need to tell him how to act in public, maybe he'd shut his face. I don't mind being loud and heckling the visiting team a little bit, but calling out guys' numbers and calling the losers was going to far for me.

Had a good post game convo with a GSU fan nearby afterwards and apologized for "the idiot fan" as I called him.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                              They had the play of the game wrong. TD catch was nice but it wasn't the play of the game. The actual play of the game was the interception. Number 19 for Georgia Southern is running down the field with his hands extended, then POOF, ball gone. He didn't even see Conrad fly through the air and make the interception. I was laughing so damn hard. I have to believe in his mind, he thought he had a touchdown then POOF!!!! Great play.
                              Heh, no doubt.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                                That was a great play.

GSUfans.com is a rough place right now. Lots of very frustrated fans, very few of whom are giving SDSU any credit. Can't blame them for being frustrated, but from where I sat, our more physical team just knocked the confidence right out of their young players. You could see them sort of wilt as the game went on.

That doesn't mean they're not good players. I'm thinking they've got some real talent there. I'm guessing after they settle down, they'll be more generous about it.

It was a dominating performance in every phase of the game. The physical play of our offensive and defensive lines was impressive. The speed of our skilled players, linebackers and DBs might have surprised them.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X