Capital One Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Capital One Bowl

I think the poster that stated that the midshipmen were voting at night is probably correct. I don't know the Academy liberty policies, but I'm guessing many of them were back at school last night and voted into the night. It's a much different atmosphere than a typical college. Everybody lives on campus and they are restricted as to when they may come and go.

With all that, I'll take back my good-natured needling of the Academy folks. Some of my best friends today from my flying days are Academy grads. And I would love for at least one of my kids to go to Annapolis someday.

Comment

Well, it's official. The run of the Jackrabbit is over.
      Semi finals
      Bill VS. Bucky
      Testudo VS. Bearcat.
      We lost 47,168 to 45,852

Comment

Fix Fix

Comment

Don't know that I would call fix. It is suprising though that the quarterfinal vote totals for each match-up fall between 45.5k and 47.5k.

Wonder whether there might be some hardware capacity issue with the server that collects the votes?
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

These things always get manipulated somehow. I don't know enough about technology to understand it, but someone on the Nebraska boards always figures out a way to continue voting each day. The funniest was when ESPN did a half hour program on the greatest college teams ever. It ended up being 1995 Nebraska vs. 1970 Nebraska. Kirk Herbstriet was livid. He complained that USC from the current year should be in the final's talk. The Trojans promptly went on to get beat a week later.

Right now there is a Heisman poll that Clemson is maniplutaing somehow. A poster on another board put up the directions for others to follow, but alas they make no sense to me. Jack Rabbit had a good run, but someone at Navy figured out a way around the system. Oh well.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Unfortunately, there are just more of them who figured it out...or an order went out that had everyone of them voting every day. I stayed up last night (until 11, and then from 1:30 to 4:30) and got JR up (with help from others) from 350 ahead to 750 ahead. Took a short nap and when I came back at 5:30, the wheel was spinning on Bill. I put in 25, and Bill went up 215 in the same time frame...and at 5:30 a.m. our time! Really wanted just "one more", but it wasn't to be.

Comment

Haven't any of you figured out this game is fixed? I worked enough carney games as a kid. The odds are stacked long before the game is open to the public. Look at all the advertising they got perfectly placed around the country. CO is getting great response out of this marketing plan so I am not going to lose any sleep over it. The numbers game hasn't added up since the third round. Even though I did vote as much as possible, the reverse in leads was just to predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                  Haven't any of you figured out this game is fixed? I worked enough carney games as a kid. The odds are stacked long before the game is open to the public. Look at all the advertising they got perfectly placed around the country. CO is getting great response out of this marketing plan so I am not going to lose any sleep over it. The numbers game hasn't added up since the third round. Even though I did vote as much as possible, the reverse in leads was just to predictable.
                  I agree... Rigged Rigged Rigged. now on the coach of the year website I can actually see my vote!

Comment

Just in case anyone wanted to know, Cincinnati's Bearcat beat Bill from the Navy in the final. It was sure nice to get the exposure this year. The online voting was great, but to see Jack Rabbit on national TV week after week was awesome!

Comment

Congrats SDSU. NO smack, It's a big thing to have your mascot recognized. Get your alums together and get him back in there next year. This time take it all!

Comment

Unstuck. It was fun while it lasted.

Comment

Working...
                        X