Capital One Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Capital One Bowl

"You can vote more than once a day if you clear the cookies on your computer. Take 15 minutes and cast 20 votes to show support for Jack."

10:53 a.m. we took the lead again. I need more breaks during the day to keep up this voting pace.

Comment

Still have the lead, if you call a 7 vote difference a lead.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Three of us tonight voted together for a spell and pushed the lead to 200+. It's been pushed down a bit since then, but keep on voting.

Also, I say vote against Big Red. I think he's going to be a tough out. May as well take care of him now.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

While listening to the WBB game, Voting jack! Got 15 votes in for 10 min of game.

Comment

Two of us are going to vote while listening to the football game tomorrow. If it's on channelsufing, though, that could botch our plans as one of the computers will probably be tuned into that.

I have three people (myself included) who have pledged to get up Monday morning and vote starting no later than 7 to help push Jack over the top as voting ends at 8 Central time. Feel free to join us.

For the time being, we're down 150 or so.
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Kudos to all the diligent voters! I've been using my extended breaks at work and it has been fun watching the defict drop from 175 to nearly nothing in the last hour.

It appears that the midshipmen are using their down time at night to retake the lead. I almost feel guilty trying to take them out while they are serving our country, but its got to be done.

Vote early - vote often!

Comment

All the races are pretty close. Jack is still up.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

It appears that the midshipmen are using their down time at night to retake the lead. I almost feel guilty trying to take them out while they are serving our country, but its got to be done.
                  As an AOCS grad, I would only feel guilty if they were ROTC or OCS grads. They're Academy Pukes, so don't I feel guilty at all!!

Comment

Outstanding work today! I don't know how many of you skipped class or productive work today, but it has paid off in the 400 vote lead. Jack went from one of the worst this morning to the most votes this round. Unfortunately, we still are not there. Keep up the good work over the weekend and we will likely have to hit the voting board early Monday morning to insure another round.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola View Post
                      As an AOCS grad, I would only feel guilty if they were ROTC or OCS grads. They're Academy Pukes, so don't I feel guilty at all!!
                      Now watch your step...some very great Marine officers that I served with were Academy grads. As we like to say, "yes, we are part of the U.S. Navy...The MENS DEPARTMENT". he, he.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                        We're now down a couple hundred votes. Could be a back-and-forth battle this week. Take some extra time to vote and ask other Jackrabbit fans to do the same.

www.capitalonebowl.com

You can vote more than once a day if you clear the cookies on your computer. Take 15 minutes and cast 20 votes to show support for Jack.
                        Up by just over 300 votes.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                          Now watch your step...some very great Marine officers that I served with were Academy grads. As we like to say, "yes, we are part of the U.S. Navy...The MENS DEPARTMENT". he, he.
                          Gotta Love the USMC:

Uncle
                          Sams
                          Misguided
                          Children

And I agree with the anti-academy sentiment. Sink those Squids!

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                            Gotta Love the USMC:

Uncle
                            Sams
                            Misguided
                            Children

I feel a smack warning coming on.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Gotta Love the USMC:

Uncle
                              Sams
                              Misguided
                              Children

Two of my favorite amongst many;

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
                              Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
                              Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
                              Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

P.S.

Usually
                              Seen
                              After the
                              Fight
                              Last edited by Rabbitden; 11-20-2009, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Gotta Love the USMC:

Uncle
                                Sams
                                Misguided
                                Children

I'm damn proud of the officers, the grunts, the squids, etc...I am convinced we would live in an even better place if we were all required to serve some time in support and defense of our country.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X