Capital One Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capital One Bowl

OK, it's not allowing ballot box-stuffing today. Clear private info and vote more than once. That's the way to get around it. We have taken a very, very slight lead, but TCU has strong support through the middle of days, so we have to keep voting.
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Down 11!!!!!!

Vote now!!!!!!!

Superbunny
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Just voted 10 times, and checked schedule and we are down 6...come on Jack fans, we need votes. And I certainly hope that the NDSU crowd is helping us out, as I vote Thundar every time!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          Just voted 10 times, and checked schedule and we are down 6...come on Jack fans, we need votes. And I certainly hope that the NDSU crowd is helping us out, as I vote Thundar every time!
          Jack's up by 44. I just emailed all of my friends and family who are alum.

Comment

We are gaining! Does anybody know if the voting goes through Friday night or when it stops and starts a new contest? Need everybody today anyway. I'm setting aside the next hour to help out. GO JACK RABBIT...get to 3-0! As an aside, I'm sure nobody is voting for Bearcat, who is #1 in overall.

Comment

Contest goes until 8 a.m. (Central) each Monday. Or at least it has the first two weeks. We have to weekend to win this thing. Spread the word...especially at the game as fans are also apt to vote, vote, vote!

More Jack promotion during the game would be great!
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

From the Capital One Bowl website under rules:

Regular Season Voting
                The regular season voting will be conducted over 11 weekly voting periods beginning August 31, 2009. For purposes of this Contest, a week begins on a Monday at 9:00 am ET and ends on 8:59 am ET on the following Monday ("Voting Period"). Each week the 12 mascots will be paired in groups of two so that each mascot will be paired with all other mascots over the 11 week Voting Periods, you may cast one vote per day for your favorite mascot in each of the six pairings for that Voting Period. You must cast a vote for all six pairing on any day that you cast a vote. At the conclusion of each weekly Voting Period, the votes for each mascot will be tabulated and a list of the six winning and six losing mascots will be posted at the website.

At the conclusion of the 11 weekly Voting Periods, the mascots will be ranked in descending order of wins versus losses. The eight mascots with the highest number of wins will advance to the Playoff phase. In the event of ties, the mascot that received the most total votes over the 11 Voting Periods will be declared the winner

The Playoffs
                The Playoff voting will be conducted in three rounds over a four week period beginning November 16, 2009 at 9:00 am and ending on December 14, 2009 at 8:59 am. Based on the mascot rankings at the end of the regular season, each mascot will be given a playoff seeding ranging from #1 to #8. For example, the mascot that had the #1 ranking at the end of the regular season will receive the #1 seed in the playoffs; the mascot with the #2 ranking at the end of the regular season will receive the #2 seed. This seeding will continue all the way through the #8 ranked mascot receiving the #8 seed.

Round One - starting November 16, 2009 at 9:00 am and ending November 23, 2009 at 8:59 am:
                The #1 seed will be matched-up against the #8 seed; the #2 seed will be matched up against the #7 seed; the #3 seed will be matched-up against the #6 seed; and the #4 seed will be matched-up against the #5 seed. Visitors may cast one vote per day in round one and must cast a vote for all four pairings on any day that you cast a vote. The winner of each of the four match-ups will advance to Round 2. In the event of ties, the mascot with the highest seed will be declared the winner.

Round Two - starting November 23, 2009 at 9:00 am and ending on November 30, 2009 at 8:59 am:
                The highest remaining seed will be matched-up against the lowest remaining seed, leaving the remaining two seeds to be matched-up against one another. Visitors may cast one vote per day in round two and must cast a vote for both pairings on any day that you cast a vote. The winner of each of the match-ups will advance to Round 3 (Championship Round). In the event of ties, the mascot with the highest seed will be declared the winner.

Round Three (Championship Round) starting November 30, 2009 at 9:00 am and ending on December 14, 2009 at 8:59 am):
                The last two remaining mascots will be matched-up in the Championship Round. Visitors may cast one vote per day in the Championship Round. The mascot with the most votes at the end of the Championship Round will be the Capital One National Mascot of the Year. In the event of ties, the mascot with the highest seed will be declared the winner. The winning mascot will be announced during the 2010 Capital One Bowl on January 1, 2010 and will be named The Capital One National Mascot of the Year.

There's the rules!!! Keep voting for Jack!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

so how much trouble do you think I would get in if I went to the P&D Blog and posted a link... hmmmmm

Comment

So according to those rules, it is better to against mascots with same or better won-loss record, then total votes. right now we would be #2 seed (I believe) even though we are like #5 in total votes. This is from several hours ago on vote totals.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Way to go Jack fans! We've turned the table. I've spent the better part of 90 minutes voting, I think. Anyhow, don't let up. Let's bury the Frogs the way the women's hoops team sank three-pointers against them. Vote tomorrow before the game and make sure you tell the people next to you at the game that they need to vote, too.

If you use Firefox, you can easily clear your private data and vote as often as you'd like each day. I plead guilty to abusing the system...but only because I love the Jacks.

Comment

I just hit 60 votes and I'm giving up for the night. Jack is up 189 right now, and it was nip and tuck this afternoon, so I know a lot of Jack fans have been on the web!! Keep it up everybody this weekend. Navy has more votes than we do in this round, so I know the middies are working OT. GO Jack Rabbit!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                          I just hit 60 votes and I'm giving up for the night. Jack is up 189 right now, and it was nip and tuck this afternoon, so I know a lot of Jack fans have been on the web!! Keep it up everybody this weekend. Navy has more votes than we do in this round, so I know the middies are working OT. GO Jack Rabbit!
                          Yeah, well...they can be ORDERED to vote for that goat. Nobody else has such an advantage. They'll be a tough out.

Comment

We are up about 350, keep voting!

Comment

Only up by a couple hundred, let's get a bunch of votes in today as it's the last full day of voting.

Comment

The voting goes to 7:59 a.m. today (Monday) CT as I understood it so keep going. I've been at it for 90 minutes and we have gone from 225 up to 205 up and now have it back to 214. Need any help available Monday til morning closing!

Comment

Working...
                                X