Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Capital One Bowl

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    This thing is suspicious at best and don't right rotten fish at worst. How do you not even have Thunder listed as one of the mascots to write-in when he was a finalist last year? How to votes vary so much from week-to-week? There may be plausible explanations to these individual questions but with the number of signals I'm getting I think this thing is scripted.
    The difference in the voting from the previous week's numbers can be explained, I think, by the fact that the voting site has obviously awakened to multiple voting. It has now denied access to computers (apparently through IP address), who have "excessive voting". Watch for the numbers to be down considerably from that one very, very high week. Jack Rabbit is doing well this week, having the largest margin, while the match-ups have a number of very close battles where the voters are split move evenly on who will get their votes. With a little luck, we still might make the final 8, even though we have fewer of our own fans (sans any multiple voting) voting in this thing.

Comment

www.capitalonebowl.com
      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

We scored another W last week against the Miami mascot...thank heaven we beat him. This week, we have Western Kentucky's Big Red. I think he's in first. Take a little time and vote for Jack.

(By the way, I don't think there was any vote for Jack love at the game this past weekend. Did I miss something? No commercials or anything.)
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Red is gaining on us fast. Down to just a couple of hundred votes. Be sure and take a minute and vote.

Comment

Lead is about 200 votes. Get out there and vote!!! This is the match-up of the week.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

This is the one we need!!! If we can get by Big Red, we will be assured of a 6-5 record at worst and a playoff spot...as there will be at least four teams with worse records when the final vote is tallied. Since CapitalOne now denies access for multiple voting...the only answer is get everybody you know to vote once a day.

Comment

Just finished voting 10 times. I have an application named CCleaner that clears the tracking CapitalOne uses among other nasties one picks up while browsing the web.

If you want to use this application you can find it as a free download on CNET. Caution though, this is powerful application. If you use close your browser and then establish a set point or recall point. Run the Analyze function then go to Options and review what was found. In Options you can select what you want to keep. Finally run the Cleaner.

With this you should be able to vote at will.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Just a question concerning all the discussion there has been on voting for a mascot or a coach. With all due respect to the time and effort everyone has put in ... but what's the point? Fighting off a 4-3 coach from Chatanooga? It seems to me if you have to fight like hell to beat out a 4-3 coach from Chatanooga the the whole thing is meaningless.

Yeah, I only voted a few times but upon a moment of quiet reflection I thought to myself, "What the hell are you wasting minutes in your life voting on something that for the most part nobody cares?"

Okay, go ahead and slap me now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                    "What the hell are you wasting minutes in your life voting on something that for the most part nobody cares?"
                    Most people in the country don't care about Jackrabbits sports. So why should you?

Comment

Only up by 33 votes going into the weekend. Be sure and get your vote in as often as possible.

Comment

Down 38 votes, time to push hard for a win

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          Down 38 votes, time to push hard for a win
                          Still clinging to miniscule lead VOTE WHILE GAME IS ON!!

Comment

Just finished voting 35 times.
                            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

www.capitalonebowl.com

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                                This morning JACK is DOWN to BIG RED of WKU by 150. NEED A SUNDAY SURGE!

Comment

Working...
                                X