• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Capital One Bowl

Back within 59 votes. Keep voting.

Comment

Down 32
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

www.capitalonebowl.com

Still down.
        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Just voted and we appear to be AHEAD 13,987 to 13,915 at this time.

Comment

JACK IS UP BY 13 votes with less than 1 hour left! Get out and vote before work.

www.capitalonebowl.com

Comment

Jack Rabbit WINS the ninth week, defeating Western Kentucky...and most importantly (now #1 with a 6-3 record) assuring advancement to the final round!! Thanks to all of you who were voting with me this morning as we rallied from behind in the last hour of voting! This caps off a really big Jackrabbit weekend! GO JACK!!!!

Comment

What's sad is Jack only has total votes which would beat two of the mascots.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                  What's sad is Jack only has total votes which would beat two of the mascots.
                  True...but that was why it was so important to win this week. Worst Jack can finish is 6-5. One team already has 6 losses, and there are a bunch of 4-5 teams. We only need three more teams to have at least six losses to get into the playoffs. Wish we did have more voters, but this week was still big.

Comment

www.capitalonebowl.com
                    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Even though Jack will probably lose this week, it is important that we vote as much as possible to keep the points up. Here's some advice (you may have figured this out already) about the other voting (remember 6 losses will knock mascots out of finals):

Testudo and Big Red:As long as they are losing, and it looks like they will be, vote for them, so the two winners don't get more votes than their margin will already provide. Boomer is already out, so vote for him so his opponent doesn't get your votes. We need to help Bill win (which will knock Mike out, but as long as Bill is safely ahead, I'll vote for Mike for same reason stated earlier. Sebastian will win, so I'm voting for Bucky for same reasons. If the votes stay the same as they are, and they probably will, Sebastian and Jack will be tied for the top at 6-4; Boomer and Mike will be out, and all the rest (8 mascots) will be at 5-5, and those in this group who lose next week will be out (if more than 2, the votes will decide the ties). And Jack Rabbit goes to the finals, thanks to last week's win!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        Even though Jack will probably lose this week, it is important that we vote as much as possible to keep the points up. Here's some advice (you may have figured this out already) about the other voting (remember 6 losses will knock mascots out of finals):

Testudo and Big Red:As long as they are losing, and it looks like they will be, vote for them, so the two winners don't get more votes than their margin will already provide. Boomer is already out, so vote for him so his opponent doesn't get your votes. We need to help Bill win (which will knock Mike out, but as long as Bill is safely ahead, I'll vote for Mike for same reason stated earlier. Sebastian will win, so I'm voting for Bucky for same reasons. If the votes stay the same as they are, and they probably will, Sebastian and Jack will be tied for the top at 6-4; Boomer and Mike will be out, and all the rest (8 mascots) will be at 5-5, and those in this group who lose next week will be out (if more than 2, the votes will decide the ties). And Jack Rabbit goes to the finals, thanks to last week's win!!!!
                        Wow. You are a very dedicated soul, my friend!
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Wow. You are a very dedicated soul, my friend!

That's why his moniker is "Jacks#1Fan"!

Comment

We are going to lose again this week so be sure to vote for Boomer and Mike the Tiger if we want to make the playoffs... That way it elimates Butch and Hairy Dog
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Another note is both Testudo and Bucky are 5-5 and playing each other. One of them will get loss number 6. That puts us above them as well. We still need one other team to get to six losses. Make sure to vote against Butch and Hairy Dawg. If one of those two loses then we will make the playoffs.

So far with 6 losses are Mike and Boomer with a 6th loss coming from the Testudo vs. Bucky match.

Comment

The regular season is 11 weeks, not 10 as some seem to believe. Vote against Big Red. That's a must. Vote against him (and for Jack, obviously) several time a day. He's got to lose. We are in very grave danger of going from first to out of the playoffs in two weeks' time. BIG RED CANNOT WIN!
                                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                                X