Georgia Southern Sept 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Georgia Southern Sept 12th

BTW, are we not having an allotment of games to predict for the weeks this year?

Comment

I think whats going to happen in this game is that it going to come down to how Crawford comes out and plays. If he does well (like I firmly believe he will) I think weve got a very good shot at this one. I think that GSU is going to try to force us to pass to test our new QB, and with Crawford being a SR I think were really going to surprise them with all of the good WR's we have. Then we should be able to gash them with Minnet later in the game. I think if we play as physical as we have in the past it will show a young GSU team a whole different type of play than Albany brought to the table. Hope we have a big ole crowd at CAS to welcome those Eagles. Lets give'em a Thumpin!
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I'll probably be tailgating starting thursday night. Dont have class Friday!!!

Comment

BTW I still expect a close knock-down drag-out brawl even if what I hope happens happens, GSU is too good a program to hope we can walk over.
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
            BTW, are we not having an allotment of games to predict for the weeks this year?
            I indicated back a couple of weeks ago that I would not be able to do this this year. Would be great if some one else wanted to pick it up.

Comment

GSU game notes for this week:

http://bit.ly/3evZyy

Money quote: “You come out that first week and you don’t know what you’re about yet,” defensive end Harlan Bower said. “You’ve got the pre-game jitters and the family and everything. We got that over with. Now this is Game 2 for us and we’ve just got to be prepared for South Dakota State. All they got up there is football. In South Dakota there’s nothing else to do on Saturday, so we’ve got to be prepared.”

As far as I'm concerned, SDSU football is all that's happening this Saturday night.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                GSU game notes for this week:

http://bit.ly/3evZyy

Money quote: “Now this is Game 2 for us and we’ve just got to be prepared for South Dakota State. All they got up there is football. In South Dakota there’s nothing else to do on Saturday, so we’ve got to be prepared.”

As far as I'm concerned, SDSU football is all that's happening this Saturday night.
                As if Statesboro, GA is the place to be on a Saturday for anything other than football...
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  As if Statesboro, GA is the place to be on a Saturday for anything other than football...

FWIW:

Harlon is a quality person.. I don't think he meant in any way to "put down" SDSU, and Lord knows if there was ever a "one trick pony" for GSU, GSU fans, and Statesboro, Ga it's Georgia Southern Football in Paulson Stadium on Saturdays..

I believe what Harlon was saying is that in South Dakota you folks take your football seriously, (as we do here in S.E. Georgia) and we can expect a tough game.. I believe his comments were made in respect of the toughness of SDSU football, and in no way meant his comments as a put down.

And I don't care who your are, where you live, or what your personal opinion of South Dakota OR Georgia might be I honestly believe you will be hard pressed to find a better college football game than that coming up between our Eagles and your Jackrabbits come Saturday night..

I can assure you that GSU fans have nothing but respect for SDSU and it's football program. If you think our Eagles are coming in to YOUR HOUSE expecting anything other than a buzz saw you are sorely mistaken.

What I personally appreciate about the small rivalry between our respective institutions is that I believe AFTER the game is over both teams will have a great deal of respect for the other, and betcha' our fans will be pulling for SDSU the rest of the season, and a goodly portion of the Jackrabbit fans will feel the same about GSU.

So, here's to a hard fought contest Saturday night, of course I hope GSU wins.. But win, or lose, I'm glad we have this series going, and I hope it continues in years to come.

I hope for a great contest, no serious injuries to players on either team, and good sportsmanship from all who participate.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by PX View Post
                    FWIW:

Harlon is a quality person.. I don't think he meant in any way to "put down" SDSU, and Lord knows if there was ever a "one trick pony" for GSU, GSU fans, and Statesboro, Ga it's Georgia Southern Football in Paulson Stadium on Saturdays..

I believe what Harlon was saying is that in South Dakota you folks take your football seriously, (as we do here in S.E. Georgia) and we can expect a tough game.. I believe his comments were made in respect of the toughness of SDSU football, and in no way meant his comments as a put down.

And I don't care who your are, where you live, or what your personal opinion of South Dakota OR Georgia might be I honestly believe you will be hard pressed to find a better college football game than that coming up between our Eagles and your Jackrabbits come Saturday night..

I can assure you that GSU fans have nothing but respect for SDSU and it's football program. If you think our Eagles are coming in to YOUR HOUSE expecting anything other than a buzz saw you are sorely mistaken.

What I personally appreciate about the small rivalry between our respective institutions is that I believe AFTER the game is over both teams will have a great deal of respect for the other, and betcha' our fans will be pulling for SDSU the rest of the season, and a goodly portion of the Jackrabbit fans will feel the same about GSU.

So, here's to a hard fought contest Saturday night, of course I hope GSU wins.. But win, or lose, I'm glad we have this series going, and I hope it continues in years to come.

I hope for a great contest, no serious injuries to players on either team, and good sportsmanship from all who participate.

Best Wishes,

Jesse
                    PX:
                    If you are coming up for the game, we need to have stop off in Sioux Falls and go to the Argus Leader and share your views with Stu Whitney, the sports editor. He just does not see it in such a respectable manner as you do. Stu probably thinks GSU is good, but he thinks SDSU stinks in everything we do. Lovely guy. We could use your help. Thanks for your generous comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      PX:
                      If you are coming up for the game, we need to have stop off in Sioux Falls and go to the Argus Leader and share your views with Stu Whitney, the sports editor. He just does not see it in such a respectable manner as you do. Stu probably thinks GSU is good, but he thinks SDSU stinks in everything we do. Lovely guy. We could use your help. Thanks for your generous comments.

Nidaros:

Hey, don't know a thing about Mr. Whitney, or the "Argus Leader"* but there are some folks who fit in the category of Ron White's "you can't fix stupid"... Perhaps Mr. Whitney might just be one of them, at least in his negative opinions of SDSU?

No offense to Mr. Whitney of course, but if the "shoe fits".....

Jesse

Comment

Nidaros:

Hey, don't know a thing about Mr. Whitney, or the "Argus Leader"* but there are some folks who fit in the category of Ron White's "you can't fix stupid"... Perhaps Mr. Whitney might just be one of them, at least in his negative opinions of SDSU?

No offense to Mr. Whitney of course, but if the "shoe fits".....

Jesse
                        If you have a month of Sundays and did a search on this forum you would find out what I am speaking of. There is a saying on this board and its a good one, "Dont let Stu rent space in your mind". Often he finds a desperate mind looking for a renter.

Comment

FWIW:

Best Wishes,

Jesse
                          According to TV, the beat writer for SDSU, Harlon said in the SoCon teleconference that he hopes the series does NOT continue after this year. Didn't say why, but TV posted that on his Twitter account this morning

Comment

FWIW:

PX,

That's exactly how I took it, and I posted it in that spirit. I should have been more clear that I thought he was just trying to fire up his teammates and tell them they have to take this game seriously.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Some confident Eagle fans over at gsufans.com

Score predictions thread:

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.php?t=4920

Can't blame them for being confident, with a win under their belts (albeit a close win at home against a team I don't believe is that strong). Most of the fans over there, though, predict a close game, albeit fairly high scoring.

I think it'll be close, but I don't see a shootout Saturday. I think we'll try to control the clock with our running game and short passing game to keep their athletic offensive playmakers off the field as much as we can. I predict the scores will stay in the 20s or below.

Of course I am just a fan (like them) and really, who knows? They're feeling good coming off a win. We're feeling good about our team coming off a good season and with lots of our players back.

By the way, it's a nice bunch of fans over at gsufans.com:

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/forumdisplay.php?f=8
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Actually it was Coach Hatcher that commented about the series continuing in the weekly SoCon teleconference. I'm sure he feels that GSU can find a suitable opponent much closer to Statesboro. The travel is brutal, whether it's the Jacks coming east or the Eagles traveling west. The goal is always to find games that the fans can drive to if possible. The SDSU/GSU series has been a good one, and after Saturday, let's hope the next time we meet will be in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X