2010 Football Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Football Recruiting List

Great News! Though it really makes me question the recruiting prowess of teams like Iowa State, U of Minnesota, and Nebraska. How can these teams not offer a scholarship to a kid who is 6'5", can throw the ball 65-70 yards in the air, and finishing his high school career #79 on the all-time national high school passing yards list (while playing in the highest class of South Dakota football).

Their loss and our gain I guess.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

I think this is huge for the Jacks. I'm shocked FBS schools have not offered him a scholarship. Big, tall Quarterback with a big arm and can stay alive in the pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        That is a great way to start the recruiting class! Here its the Link to TV's tweet: twitter.com/terryvandrovec
        That is some seriously awesome news. Dude can play. I think I see a very good recruiting class on the horizon. I wish we didn't have to wait 9 months for football again.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Hope we can land some more guys that FBS schools are too dumb to notice or extend offers to.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
            I think this is huge for the Jacks. I'm shocked FBS schools have not offered him a scholarship. Big, tall Quarterback with a big arm and can stay alive in the pocket.
            Not only can he stay alive in the pocket - he can pickup some yards with his feet. Not only gaining yards on the ground by scrambling but by design as well.

Great pickup Jacks. Quality kid / player close to home.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Here's one the FBS schools are sleeping on - Minnesota's Mr. Football Zach Vraa from Rosemount. 6'3", 200lbs wide receiver. SDSU is coming in late on him. NDSU and UND have offered. No FBS schools are on him yet, yet. He's the real deal, was playing in a run oriented offense though, so his stats aren't spectacular for a reciever. I'm hoping and praying that SDSU lands him. Oh, and he wants to major in engineering.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_13947679?source=rss
              http://www.rosemounttownpages.com/ev...icle/id/23670/
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

What a start for the Jacks! I hope the patient approach the Jacks have taken will pay big dividends this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  South Dakota football
                  This answers it right here. He is not from a bigger state so they don't think he can play the position.

Comment

I will be much happier when he actually signs.

Kind of puts a glut at QB though. O'Brien, Whittier (if he stays), Loetzer, and Sumner.

Like it has been said before, this is a good problem to have.

Comment

This is awesome news!!!!!! Is there some sort of a pipeline from Brandon to Coughlin-Alumni? Congrats Austin, glad to have you aboard.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                        Is there some sort of a pipeline from Brandon to Coughlin-Alumni?
                        Former Jackrabbit Tim Sylliasen is on staff at Brandon, but Augie has two former players on staff at Brandon as well. Don't know if any of that has any bearing on where anyone goes, just pointing it out.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                          I will be much happier when he actually signs.

Kind of puts a glut at QB though. O'Brien, Whittier (if he stays), Loetzer, and Sumner.

Like it has been said before, this is a good problem to have.
                          He is going to redshirt.... I don't think there is any doubt in that....

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                            This answers it right here (Sumner played in South Dakota). He is not from a bigger state so they don't think he can play the position.
                            I know what you are saying and sadly it's true, but he should have been offered by an FBS school based on physical traits alone. He is 6'5", 220 lbs, and can throw with the best of them. That is a lot of raw talent you can't teach right there, and I don't care what state you are from, that is hard to find.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                              I know what you are saying and sadly it's true, but he should have been offered by an FBS school based on physical traits alone. He is 6'5", 220 lbs, and can throw with the best of them. That is a lot of raw talent you can't teach right there, and I don't care what state you are from, that is hard to find.
                              This is a big grab for the Jacks. But I would like to comment on a few of the posters' comments regarding the lack of interest at the FBS level. I know that many of you think that because he's got a very athletic build and can chuck the rock that he deserves to be looked at by major FBS programs in the area. Sure, it probably has a lot to do with the fact that he's from SD and that schools can question the competition, but remember.....almost every kid that gets recruited anymore goes to multiple football camps to show-off their skills against other highly talented preps. If you're good, you'll shine at those camps....regardless of where you're from. It doesn't matter if you throw for 5,000 yards a season in high school if you can't impress anyone at those football clinics.

Colt Mccoy is from a town of 700 and went to a school that had 300 students covering an area of almost 400 square miles. When you're good, you're good...schools will find you.

Nonetheless, I'm glad he's going to be a Jackrabbit.

Comment

Sumner is great verbal for a good and rising football program. Who the heck cares if he was or wasn't being recruited by FBS teams? The Jacks are very good D-1 team. They don't need validation of their recruits from some other team.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X