2010 Football Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Football Recruiting List

Robbie Jelsma's facebook status was "Coach Stig was just sittin in my kitchen talking farming with my dad and a lil football"

he visited USD this past weekend..... said they are both good programs and likes what both coaches have said..... really liked stig but hasn't made up his mind yet.....

Comment

Does anybody know if SDSU offers less scholarship money to South Dakota kids so that they have more scholarship money to draw in out of state recruits? It would make sense since out of state recruits would have a higher tuition.

Hypothetical situation:
      Recruit from South Dakota get's a $2,000 scholarship on $10,000 tuition
      Recruit from Kansas get's a $5,000 scholarship on a $13,000 tuition

Comment

I would doubt if they offered less to an local....the kid can play or he can't...Back in the 70's & early 80's Gregory would have all incoming out of staters go get a SD drivers license....by semester break....we were a SD resident...don't know what the policy is now...or the residency requirements
        Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
        Muhammad Ali

Comment

Didn't the BOR change tuition rates to be the same for residents & non-residents 2-3 years ago? I thought this was done to stave off enrollment attrition due to the lower HS graduation numbers. I seem to recall discussion about how the change would allow us to better compete for Wisconsin/Ill. recruits. with the old system we could recruit 3 SD/Minn/Iowa/Neb kids for the same cost (percentage of scholarship) as 2 from Wisc/Ill.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
            Didn't the BOR change tuition rates to be the same for residents & non-residents 2-3 years ago? I thought this was done to stave off enrollment attrition due to the lower HS graduation numbers. I seem to recall discussion about how the change would allow us to better compete for Wisconsin/Ill. recruits. with the old system we could recruit 3 SD/Minn/Iowa/Neb kids for the same cost (percentage of scholarship) as 2 from Wisc/Ill.
            Yeah that is right for the most part..... however there is still a few agreements that are in place that make a few states more expensive and some a little bit cheaper.... It would cost more for a Minnesota student to come to South Dakota then one from Tennessee for example because there is a previous agreement with Minnesota that are rates are higher for Minnesota residents and Minnesota rates are higher for South Dakota residents....

However instate kids are elgible for more state scholarships then out of state kids.....

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post

2009-2010 Undergraduate Cost Estimate:
              http://www.sdstate.edu/admissions/fi...cost/index.cfm

Comment

I'm just floored we have no imminent verbals. I'm sure we will end up with a quality recruiting class in 2010, but the potential of losing Meadows does not help.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  I'm just floored we have no imminent verbals. I'm sure we will end up with a quality recruiting class in 2010, but the potential of losing Meadows does not help.
                  agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
                    I would doubt if they offered less to an local....the kid can play or he can't...Back in the 70's & early 80's Gregory would have all incoming out of staters go get a SD drivers license....by semester break....we were a SD resident...don't know what the policy is now...or the residency requirements
                    Establishing residency for tuition purposes is a bit more complicated today. A student that graduated HS out of state needs to apply to the BoR for residency status. They must prove that they are claiming residency for some purpose other than reduction of tuition. Learned that when my son moved back from his mother's to go to State.
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Not just Meadows, we are short to assitant coaches, who could also be out on the road right now drummin it up.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        2009-2010 Undergraduate Cost Estimate:
                        http://www.sdstate.edu/admissions/fi...cost/index.cfm
                        Thanks for that link. Obviously that is correct for the current situation. My memory was that it was the same for instate vs non-residents, but the old story links don't seem to be valid anymore. It was previously discussed here: http://www.sdsufans.com/board/showth...hlight=tuition

Comment

I removed the Colorado O-Lineman that Scout said SDSU had an offer out to. Terry V reported on his Twitter that he does not have an offer from SDSU. Like I expected, it was probably an offer from USD. I had to remove a lineman, Wisconsin's OL Kyle Costigan earlier from the offer list because that was a USD mix-up too.

Rivals & Scout are really inaccurate for the FCS level but it's all us diehards have to go by until February. If I remember right, Terry V said that SDSU has 11 offers out right now with 12 recruits coming in this weekend for their official visits. 1 offer is close to a verbal and Stig has been in Kansas City and Minneapolis making recruiting visits.

From Terry V's twitter feed.
                          http://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec

For the record, Scout.com is wrong - SDSU does not have a scholarship offer out to an offensive lineman in Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                            I removed the Colorado O-Lineman that Scout said SDSU had an offer out to. Terry V reported on his Twitter that he does not have an offer from SDSU. Like I expected, it was probably an offer from USD. I had to remove a lineman, Wisconsin's OL Kyle Costigan earlier from the offer list because that was a USD mix-up too.

Rivals & Scout are really inaccurate for the FCS level but it's all us diehards have to go by until February. If I remember right, Terry V said that SDSU has 11 offers out right now with 12 recruits coming in this weekend for their official visits. 1 offer is close to a verbal and Stig has been in Kansas City and Minneapolis making recruiting visits.

From Terry V's twitter feed.
                            http://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec

For the record, Scout.com is wrong - SDSU does not have a scholarship offer out to an offensive lineman in Colorado.
                            the wierd thing about that is Scout and Rival are pretty much done by the players for the lower recruits.... which makes me think that these recruits are getting them confused....

Comment

TV Tweet: Austin Sumner commits to SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                                TV Tweet: Austin Sumner commits to SDSU.
                                That is a great way to start the recruiting class! Here its the Link to TV's tweet: twitter.com/terryvandrovec

Comment

Working...
                                X