Out of Conference Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Out of Conference Schedule

I am not trying to be smacky. SDSU is and has been a Top 25 FCS team of course I think we can beat Delaware another team that has been in the Top 25 in FCS football.

What I was trying to find out is why our buddy thinks that USD, a school with 1 FCS win, could and would compete with Delaware or SDSU.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
      I am not trying to be smacky. SDSU is and has been a Top 25 FCS team of course I think we can beat Delaware another team that has been in the Top 25 in FCS football.

What I was trying to find out is why our buddy thinks that USD, a school with 1 FCS win, could and would compete with Delaware or SDSU.

Sorry for the thread drift.
      You're right that obviously, they're not going to be there yet. But I think USD will become a solid FCS program. There's no reason why they shouldn't. They'll get some good players, as they have in the past. Some kids are attracted to the idea of playing inside in the fall. It's hard to judge how they're doing based on just one year of transition, but they did play UNI pretty tough. In three or four years, there's no reason that USD shouldn't be a top 40 (or better) program. Kids in this part of the country can play.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        You're right that obviously, they're not going to be there yet. But I think USD will become a solid FCS program. There's no reason why they shouldn't. They'll get some good players, as they have in the past. Some kids are attracted to the idea of playing inside in the fall. It's hard to judge how they're doing based on just one year of transition, but they did play UNI pretty tough. In three or four years, there's no reason that USD shouldn't be a top 40 (or better) program. Kids in this part of the country can play.

I won't disagree with anything you wrote. I just get a little tired of our buddies from USD acting like they have been there and done that. They haven't done much yet.

Comment

YF, someday maybe you can compare your program to GSU and Delaware...just not today. So, as far as scheduling IMO you can't come on this board and say that USD is a more formidable opponent. This is where we got off topic. Right now, I'll take either Delaware or GSU over USD in a heartbeat. We're not scheduling cupcakes, we're scheduling good opponents. Not to start smack, but if we wanted cupcakes then you'd be on the schedule. Again, not smacking, just saying that in the next few years you would be a cupcake. AFTER a few years in FCS, if you're not on the schedule...then, you can make that argument. Right now, I strongly disagree.

Comment

Working...
          X