Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
    I heard Dykstra decided to play BB at Weslyen or Dakota State. Hurt his knee bad in last FB game and I don't think he has played BB yet, they are hoping to have him for districts.
    Dykstra signed a 5 year as full as ride you can get in the GPAC to DWU..... He didn't hurt his knee, he tore is shoulder up pretty bad but should be playing basketball by February....

Comment

I know the Bison Fans are chirping as usual about how wonderful their recruiting class is and anyone who chooses the Jacks over the Bison must be delirious. I honestly believe most years there is more in-state FCS talent in South Dakota than North Dakota and especially this year which gives us some advantages. They have historically taken a coveted recruit or two out of the state and so far that has not happened this year. I know its difficult to compare recruiting classes, but I'm really excited about the verbals for the class of 2009 so far!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        I know the Bison Fans are chirping as usual about how wonderful their recruiting class is and anyone who chooses the Jacks over the Bison must be delirious. I honestly believe most years there is more in-state FCS talent in South Dakota than North Dakota and especially this year which gives us some advantages. They have historically taken a coveted recruit or two out of the state and so far that has not happened this year. I know its difficult to compare recruiting classes, but I'm really excited about the verbals for the class of 2009 so far!
        I agree. I think our class is coming together quite nicely. Its also great to see so much FCS talent locally. As far as the Bison fans chirping like that, it eats them inside that we have beaten them the past two years, denied them a conference title, and played a role in pushing them into the middle of the conference pack while we reside near the top. Pretty good reasons for student athletes who possess character to choose us. Looking forward to signing day.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          Dykstra signed a 5 year as full as ride you can get in the GPAC to DWU..... He didn't hurt his knee, he tore is shoulder up pretty bad but should be playing basketball by February....
          Thanks for the clarification...Wife is from Avon, but I don't listen real close sometimes.

Comment

I see Ty Kildow has received interest from the Jacks. Seems a little small but could be a nice 3rd down back or something.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...=62431&Sport=1

Comment

Originally posted by sf_jackster View Post
              I see Ty Kildow has received interest from the Jacks. Seems a little small but could be a nice 3rd down back or something.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...=62431&Sport=1
              Good find...I've added him to our interested list.

Comment

Per TV in the Argus today: Mike Whittier a transfer with 4 years left is coming from the Air Force.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...01/1002/sports
                “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

What a HUGE pick up for us! Even if this kid doesn't come in and start right away, he adds some much needed depth to the QB position. Rest assured, I will be at some spring ball practices to check this kid out.

Here is a picture of Mike on the rivals site:

http://www.chicagosports.rivals.com/...1&pr_key=62232

Here are the ESPN.com recruiting ratings:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...6season%3d2008
                  Last edited by Jacked_Rabbit; 01-14-2009, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a great pickup for the Jacks! But what does this do to O'Brien??

Comment

Hopefully it will make him want to work harder.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                        Sounds like a great pickup for the Jacks! But what does this do to O'Brien??
                        Sounds like exactly what the doctor ordered. Its been a long time since SDSU has had a QB that can run the football. Correct me if I am wrong but we would likely go all the way back to Ted Wahl for a QB that could run. I like his size and according to his bio has speed. In fact - there was some talk about moving him to rec'r at the college level out of high school. It also sounds like we will see another signing of (according) to a quote in the Argus an older player (JC)?. That would be great competition at our QB spot between O'Brien, Whittier and a JC kid. Can't wait for the official signing day not to mention next fall.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Wow, sounds like a great pick up. Makes me feel a lot better about the QB situation. Competition is good and you can never under estimate the value of having more than one QB that can play. I'm also pretty excited about the recruits that have committed so far. Seems like we have taken things pretty slow and concentrated on quality this year with a smaller incoming class. Can't wait until signing day to see who we all get and to check out the highlights of the incoming class! Football season needs to hurry up and get here!

Comment

From the Whittier interview:

"Assistant) Coach (Don) Bailey said he was going to bring in a younger guy and an older guy and the best man wins,” explained Whittier, who visited Brookings over the weekend and cited SDSU’s quick rise in the Football Championship Subdivision as a key factor in his decision. “I’m looking forward to spring ball.”

Therefore, Stig is still looking to bring in a JUCO/ Jr type transfer to compete with Whittier and O'Brien for the starting spot.

Be interesting if the Sisseston QB gets an offer to SDSU.

Comment

I know we only have 9 scholarships to hand out this year, but this class is looking really good to me. With every announcement of a new verbal commitment to SDSU, I keep thinking that the new recruit is better than the last recruit. The coaching staff keeps suprising me with a better recuit than the last. These are the types of recruits we would not have signed a few years ago. I know getting into the Missouri Valley for football was a good thing, but I wonder if that is not increasing our visibility with some of these recruits.

I really am looking forward to football this fall. SDSU will be playing at Cal-Poly and I will be able to see one more game this year and then I'm afraid it may be a while until I get another chance.

Go State!!!
                              Go Jacks!!!
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                                Sounds like exactly what the doctor ordered. Its been a long time since SDSU has had a QB that can run the football. Correct me if I am wrong but we would likely go all the way back to Ted Wahl for a QB that could run. I like his size and according to his bio has speed. In fact - there was some talk about moving him to rec'r at the college level out of high school. It also sounds like we will see another signing of (according) to a quote in the Argus an older player (JC)?. That would be great competition at our QB spot between O'Brien, Whittier and a JC kid. Can't wait for the official signing day not to mention next fall.

GBGBGJ
                                Running QB- Andy Kardoes - not the combination of runner and thrower that Wahl was, but a runner, imo

Comment

Working...
                                X