Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    I made an attempt in a previous thread to bring this up and no one had anything to say. Now it looks official. Iowa QB Jake Christensen is transferring and considering FBS and FCS schools. We are looking at QBs. What do people think? Here is a link to the article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3825230

Here is the thread where I brought it up previously as well, but maybe no one sees him as a fit for us since I got no bites at all. He did have a rough junior year and lost his job early this season, but he was highly touted coming out of HS and maybe we have some interest.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=6838
    Jake Christensen would fit the profile of what we need. He's experienced, has a strong arm, is athletic enough. I hope he's considering SDSU.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Chase Douglas was in the house last night! Had to be enjoying former teamate Dale Moss's performance.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        Jake Christensen would fit the profile of what we need. He's experienced, has a strong arm, is athletic enough. I hope he's considering SDSU.
        As do I. I know some of my friends that follow the Hawkeyes would argue he was a disappointment for them, things just didn't fall right for him IMO. I sure hope he is considering as well.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

There were quite a few football recruits at the doubleheader this weekend. They actually sat 2 rows in front of me. Adam Fritz stopped by and talked to a few of them (we had some representitives from the current team sitting with them during the game).
          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            As do I. I know some of my friends that follow the Hawkeyes would argue he was a disappointment for them, things just didn't fall right for him IMO. I sure hope he is considering as well.
            Hawkeye fans need to remember that Jake saved our rear ends this year against Iowa State when Ricky Stanzi was struggling. He'd be a great addition to our team.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              Hawkeye fans need to remember that Jake saved our rear ends this year against Iowa State when Ricky Stanzi was struggling. He'd be a great addition to our team.
              He sure did. People on the Ped Mall were certainly singing his praises that afternoon and evening, some of my friends I mentioned included. Those same Iowa fans were the ones after the Pitt game that had the opposite things to say. Fickle world. He has one thing that we sure do need though and that is leadership experience in addition to some serious toughness.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Chase Douglas was in the house last night! Had to be enjoying former teamate Dale Moss's performance.
                I've heard from a very reliable source that Chase Douglas has committed to SDSU.

If true this would be another GREAT addition to the program!

GO STATE
                Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
                  I've heard from a very reliable source that Chase Douglas has committed to SDSU.

If true this would be another GREAT addition to the program!

GO STATE
                  Can you name your source please? Teasing like that is not cool.

Edit: Nevermind.
                  Last edited by KUlawJack; 01-13-2009, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Douglas is a JACK! Very good news!

"Brandon Valley senior lineman Chase Douglas said Monday night that he has made a verbal commitment to play football at South Dakota State"

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/50411008

Comment

That is indeed great news. If he was a couple of inches taller Nagy might have been knocking down his door with a scholarship as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sf_jackster View Post
                        Douglas is a JACK! Very good news!

"Brandon Valley senior lineman Chase Douglas said Monday night that he has made a verbal commitment to play football at South Dakota State"

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/50411008
                        Good find SF_jackster. I've updated the list and also noticed it says we currently have 6 known commitments. That reaffirms the notion Kendall Ledbetter is NOT one of our committs. I've noted this as well in the listing.

Comment

Chase to SDSU is AWESOME. He is an unbelievable athlete, great student, and fine human being! Now, we need to start working on his QB at BV. If you haven't seen Austin Sumner throw the ball you are missing out. WOO HOO!!!!
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Douglas is a big, athletic kid...another great pickup....if he doesn't pan out on defense...could be an outstanding lineman with his great feet....as for his QB....putting him on my Santa's list...
                            Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                            Muhammad Ali

Comment

Some more South Dakota kids with talent who have not committed and may be on Jacks short list as scholarship players or walkons:

Brett Anderson 6'3 WR Sioux Falls Lincoln
                              Brock Bills 6'3 200 RB Sioux Falls Roosevelt
                              Matt Dykstra 6'5 200 TE/DE Avon
                              Grady Johnson 6'5 240 OT/DL Tri-Valley
                              Dustin Lotzer 6'4 210 QB Sisseton
                              Josh Miranda 6'1 185 Athlete Chamberlain
                              Anthony Muilenburg 6'3 185 WR Sioux Falls Lincoln
                              Will Powell 6'2 205 RB/DB Sioux Falls O'Gorman
                              Phil Wright 6'0 190 RB/DB Sioux Falls O'Gorman

I imagine Powell and Wright are the two most coveted from the above list. Some most likely may be considered at different postions than they played in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                Some more South Dakota kids with talent who have not committed and may be on Jacks short list as scholarship players or walkons:

Brett Anderson 6'3 WR Sioux Falls Lincoln
                                Brock Bills 6'3 200 RB Sioux Falls Roosevelt
                                Matt Dykstra 6'5 200 TE/DE Avon
                                Grady Johnson 6'5 240 OT/DL Tri-Valley
                                Dustin Lotzer 6'4 210 QB Sisseton
                                Josh Miranda 6'1 185 Athlete Chamberlain
                                Anthony Muilenburg 6'3 185 WR Sioux Falls Lincoln
                                Will Powell 6'2 205 RB/DB Sioux Falls O'Gorman
                                Phil Wright 6'0 190 RB/DB Sioux Falls O'Gorman

I imagine Powell and Wright are the two most coveted from the above list. Some most likely may be considered at different postions than they played in high school.
                                I heard Dykstra decided to play BB at Weslyen or Dakota State. Hurt his knee bad in last FB game and I don't think he has played BB yet, they are hoping to have him for districts.

Comment

Working...
                                X