Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by lcbison View Post
    Well we could move the game across the street to Dacotah field....Got the new sprint turf over there,(i love how Bison have better practice field, than game field)....still got the home stands up....Figure the SDSU Fan's can stand around the visitors side...I'm all for it.....

19,000 at Dakotah Field and 12,000 standing room only...Yes that would be a sight!!

Can't wait for tomorrow night!!!

Go Jacks!!--Beat the Bison!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
      The only way this would be a better game would be if it was played outside, where football is suppose to be played. Not in an artifical building with fake turf and canned music. It could be played in Fargo or anywhere else, that would make no difference to me. Its great to see the D-Lineman and the O-Lineman with there sleeves rolled up, steam rolling off them, seeing there breath before the snap of the ball. I have enough clothes to wear and won't get cold. Sorry...but I am the type of fan that loves football the way it should be. In the elements..... With that said.....Jacks will win tomorrow, they are ready Go Jacks !!!!!!!
      I don't know man- I like outdoor football too and I watched 15 years of NDSU home games in the bitter cold. But the atmosphere for tomorrows game will be electric just like every home game at the dome... it's the players, the history, and the fans of the teams that make it happen.

The notion that "football was meant to be played outdoors" was first said by people that live in climates that think 40 is cold and it spread to the rest of the country. I think we all agree the cold in ND/SD/MN isn't even in the same league as other parts of the country. That's why 3 of the 4 schools have domes.

Ironically, when we played outside we played on astro turf. UND played outside on turf. Actually, most outdoor stadiums use turf.

It's 13 degrees right now with a heavy wind and I'll be the first to tell you I'd rather watch a game inside having fun instead of being wrapped in a snowsuit, ski mask, and gloves that muffle the sound of clapping! Now I'd rather watch a game outside in say, September!

Now tailgating... that's a different story! I can spend 3 hours tailgating outside and spend the next 3 hours thawing out inside!

I counter that statement with "People were not meant to spend 4 hours outside in below freezing temperatures."

Even Bret Favre said of Lambeau, "I hate playing in the cold."

Comment

I'm off, gotta get two days worth in ol' Fargo. Everyone have a safe trip going south to north and vice-versa, especially if it snows.

Three years ago going to Fargo, I did not feel real good about the game. Bison controlled it.

Two years ago, I felt better going to Fargo and thought there was a chance, but really figured the Bison would win. Jacks led at half, lost, disappointment.

This year I feel good about the Jacks chances, definately better than the last two trips. If SDSU does not win at Fargo this year, the 45 year drought could extend a ways. It is a salty place to play and a crazy environment.

SDSU has to come out, establish the lines of scrimmage by stopping Roehl and Paschall on "D" and run/pass fairly even and get Minnet 4+ ypc and give Berry time to throw on "O". Get a lead and shut that freekin' cannon down. I'm over last week and am pumped to be at the Fargodome tomorrow. Let's go out on a high note again this year boys. It's been a fun year and this will be my 8th game in person and have enjoyed watching the whole year through the wins and losses.

Hope to see a good contingent of blue at the game to see a historic win.

Jacks 34
        Bison 17

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
          It's been a fun year and this will be my 8th game in person and have enjoyed watching the whole year through the wins and losses.
          That alone is worth more rep points than I can give you! I wish there were a lot more people on here that could say the same!

Comment

I made it to 6 games this year. Plan to make it to more next year. I can't believe I can't be in Fargo tomorrow but that is reality and sometimes reality sucks, most of the time its darn good. Going to have a heck of a party in Yankton at Ben's Brewing Company.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              That alone is worth more rep points than I can give you! I wish there were a lot more people on here that could say the same!

Count me in for this being my 8th and I'd be remiss to not include my pregnant wife in on that number(she's a trooper, I'll give her that)!! The Illinois State game was a test, no doubt about it. Burrrrrr!!
              I should've went to UNI as to make it 9, Dammit!!

Somebody on hear must be able to beat 8 though?????

Go Jacks!!--Beat the Bison!!

Comment

I'M LEAVING NOW FOR A NIGHT OF FUN IN FARGO! Can't wait until tomorrow YES!
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Strange question.

Does anyone have one of the "Buck the Fison" t-shirts from last year? Size and condition doesn't matter. Please PM if you do.

Thanks,

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    Nope, that doesn't work either. NDSU's cheerleaders have a 50 pound per woman advantage on our gals. I'm all for a good catfight but it has to be fair.

Wish I could make it tomorrow it should be one heck of a tilt.

For the NDSU fans. What would you say are the keys for NDSU to get a win?

Good luck to both and may the best team in white win!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

If we can run the ball against your front 7 then we win, period. But, the Jacks will probably put 8-9 in the box to try and stuff the run. The big ? is our passing game....if Mertens can be effective (200-250 yds) to keep the defense "honest" then the Bison will win.

If Jacks shut down the run ( under 150 IMO ) then the Jacks have a damn good chance of winning.

Bison defense is good but Berry will have some yds ( 250 + ) and if they can run effectively then the Jacks should end the "streak".

The dome will be loud and might make a difference.

This could go either way but the Jacks probably have their best team in yrs and the Bison are not playing up to their potential.

My homer pick : Bison 31-21

Should be a great game.....cannot wait until tomorrow!!

Good luck to both teams

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                      SDSU has to come out, establish the lines of scrimmage by stopping Roehl and Paschall on "D" and run/pass fairly even and get Minnet 4+ ypc and give Berry time to throw on "O". Get a lead and shut that freekin' cannon down. I'm over last week and am pumped to be at the Fargodome tomorrow. Let's go out on a high note again this year boys. It's been a fun year and this will be my 8th game in person and have enjoyed watching the whole year through the wins and losses.

Hope to see a good contingent of blue at the game to see a historic win.
                      QFA.
                      This will be my 10th game of the year and to quote the words of Bohl "It will be a whale of a game."

Comment

I noticed on my guide today that the 6pm slot on KSFY tomorrow night is listed as North Dakota at South Dakota. Did I miss something
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
                          The only way this would be a better game would be if it was played outside, where football is suppose to be played. Not in an artifical building with fake turf and canned music. It could be played in Fargo or anywhere else, that would make no difference to me. Its great to see the D-Lineman and the O-Lineman with there sleeves rolled up, steam rolling off them, seeing there breath before the snap of the ball. I have enough clothes to wear and won't get cold. Sorry...but I am the type of fan that loves football the way it should be. In the elements..... With that said.....Jacks will win tomorrow, they are ready

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                          I'm agree with all of that. Minnesota is moving back outdoors right? Maybe NDSU will wise up someday. I doubt those down south ever will...

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                            I noticed on my guide today that the 6pm slot on KSFY tomorrow night is listed as North Dakota at South Dakota. Did I miss something
                            I don't think so, I bet the guide is just wrong

Comment

No but those programming the tv guide apparently missed something. Morons.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I have Midcontinent and just DVR'd it and my guide has South Dakota State vs. North Dakota State when I push the Info button on my remote.

Go Jacks!! -- Beat the Bison!!

Comment

Working...
                                X