Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by huskon4ever View Post
    Oh yeah, no I understand that mango, same way it is for me. I had a friend from SoDak that came to NDSU for 3 years and is now at SDSU and he gets razzed from me and from others down there. Its just I had a few guys down at the 9 get in my face a few times and I just didn't understand it. I wasn't wearing NDSU stuff or trying to egg them on. I was there with my SDSU friends and looking for fun, not to get into a fight over who was better. Oh well, no biggie.

BTW Mango, are you the same Mango4 that used to frequent the Dakota Schoolers proboard? If so, we exchanged a few messages - me = lauchin108.
    Ahh you went to the 9, there's your problem.

It is, I haven't been on that board in a while

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post

Haha, yea, I've just avoided that place the last few years. Cubbies or Skinners seems a bit better.

Ah, cool. Yeah, that board is pretty dead. Not too many people post over there anymore. Kinda disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post

mango hit the nail on the head. The 9 is for guys who like to get in other guys faces. To think, from the Chevy to the 9. I miss the good old days.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Great game, Jacks. Clearly, the tide has turned. Although NDSU has a good team and a good program, the Bison's days of football domination are over. They died with the transition from D-II. SDSU is surpassing NDSU in quality of recruits, and better facilities are on the way. The Jacks are the program of the future in this region.
          Really, both programs had mediocre seasons(by my standards) and I don't think either has much to celebrate in regards to domination of anything.

You guys did win and played well, Berry deserves some major respect for doing what he did. Our one problem this year is that we don't get leadership like that at QB, Mertens can do some things but he has had the ball four times this year with chances to lead our team down the field to win the game and is 0-4.

As for the refs I was very angry last night, but I have cooled off and I think most other fans will as well. You gotta give stuff like that time so cooler heads can prevail.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
            Really, both programs had mediocre seasons(by my standards) and I don't think either has much to celebrate in regards to domination of anything.
            I completely agree. SDSU won and I'm very happy about that, but it was far from domination. Don't take NDSU lightly at all in the coming years. A team like that doesn't stay "down" (if you can call a winning record "down") for long and they'll be back ready to go.

I'm hoping that NDSU and SDSU head to the top of the heap in the MVC and occupy it for a long, long time.

Comment

I think we need to remember that there are just a few Bison fans who are either inhospitable or whining. Most of them -- like most of us -- are decent and just want to see their team win. And when you're a fan who is emotionally invested, it's hard to see the losses. That's my belief anyhow. I think if the tables were turned, we would do some muttering. I was reminded just last night how silly fans (and I'm talking about myself) can be when a game goes wrong. The Chargers lost again, and I stomped on this plastic bowl on the floor and cursed. It was all very silly and I had to apologize to a co-game-watcher. Five minutes later, I felt very foolish. Still do.

As for where the NDSU program is headed...well, time will tell. I don't think there are in any danger of being mediocre, I guess. We have beat them two straight and four of seven, but we're not dominating...we're competitive. It's taken a long time to get here. And while it's tempting to want to really dish it back to the Bison fans who make excuses, we're just playing their game when we do that. Not that I haven't been goaded into saying things or reacted poorly when my team has made mistakes or lost (i.e.: last night). But I certainly wish it wouldn't have happened.

I have no problem with good-natured ribbing and whatnot. I don't try it with people I don't know or haven't been visiting with. And, when in enemy territory, I really tone down my cheering. I clap and stand and shout, but I do not want to be "that guy"...the person annoying everybody or the guy rubbing it in, etc. Anyhow...just food for thought. I think most NDSU and SDSU fans are well-behaved most of the time. Do we sometimes say things, in the heat of the moment, that are stupid? Yes. I have, anyhow. But most NDSU-ers were good to me Saturday. I got a few, "Welcome to North Dakotas" at the Fargodome while walking around in my SDSU gear. I suspect watching a 6-5 team is tough for many Bison fans who are used to being a top-notch team. Fans can get spoiled and not realize how good they have it. When high expectations aren't met...well, we are all apt to say some unfortunate things.
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Good story in today's Argus on Ryan Berry, the game in Fargo, and his season. Make sure you click on "recommend" after you read the story.

LINK

Comment

It was an exciting game. Not sure where to post this but I thought it was pretty cool when they announced who Thundar is and then the Jacks mascot went over to congratulate him. Good sportsmanship!

I know a lot of Bison fans have been writing in votes for SDSU and last I checked Jackrabbit was in first place. Thundar has a bye week but maybe we can get him to win the Mascot Challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                    Was at the game...question for you Bisonbacker....do you think the game being on TV had anything to do with the fact there was at least 4000 empty Bison seats?? Admitted number by your President and AD, BTW.

Great game Jackrabbits...after the past 6 days, I'm drained and need to wait until tomorrow to post my thoughts on how, these sure as hell aren't your parents JACKRABBITS!!!!!!

Go Jacks!! -- Just BEAT the Bison in FARGO!
                    I will concur there was A LOT of empty seats in the Fargodome on Sat. night as I was fortunate enough to be there in person. It was very noticable and very sad. They reported 18,400-some people but there is no chance that number is how many the turnstiles counted. That was how many tickets were sold, no doubt about it.

Also something I thought was very appalling. After we scored and went for 2 there was just over 2 min. left in the game. NDSU was getting the ball back with all 3 of their timeouts left. Believe it or not there were many, many NDSU fans getting up and leaving the stadium. I could not believe my eyes and even stood up and yelled "where are you people going" while pointing at the scoreboard. Of course I didn't get a response.

Let's just say I'm pround to be a Jackrabbit and I will do whatever I can to make sure I never miss the NDSU/SDSU game again.

TO ALL SDSU FANS: Please buy up the reserved tickets to next year's NDSU game as soon as possible. If we can do that and show the SDSU administration the game is going to sell-out, we can put the game on TV and give our football team the exposure they deserve!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      TO ALL SDSU FANS: Please buy up the reserved tickets to next year's NDSU game as soon as possible. If we can do that and show the SDSU administration the game is going to sell-out, we can put the game on TV and give our football team the exposure they deserve!
                      Good point. It's an early game, the week before Hobo Day, so we should get a nice home crowd. There was a nice growth in season tickets this year. Hopefully there'll be a similar growth before next season. I think maybe some promotion of that game might be in order to get those reserved seats sold. It'd be fun to just send the usual visitor's allotment to Fargo next year and relegate them to a corner of the stadium.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        Good point. It's an early game, the week before Hobo Day, so we should get a nice home crowd. There was a nice growth in season tickets this year. Hopefully there'll be a similar growth before next season. I think maybe some promotion of that game might be in order to get those reserved seats sold. It'd be fun to just send the usual visitor's allotment to Fargo next year and relegate them to a corner of the stadium.

I want to add to BTown's point of buying up tickets for this game next year EARLY! Example...if you think you need four tickets, buy 12!
                        This is the ONLY way this game will be on television and don't blame the ADept. for this decision on bit.
                        So...I want to plead with everyone on this board to get everyone you know to buy tickets for this game as soon as the Ticket Dept makes them available. I'll make some phone calls this week and hopefully get a bead on when they think they will come available.

If you haven't been able to give to SDSU as far as $$$$'s, but still want to do something as far as making your "time and talents" available to SDSU, this would be it.
                        Nothing would make the Athletic Dept. happier than relegating NDSU to 1000 tickets to the game at CAS next year, and see them crammed in the Northeast corner of the bleachers!!

Go Jacks!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          I want to add to BTown's point of buying up tickets for this game next year EARLY! Example...if you think you need four tickets, buy 12!
                          This is the ONLY way this game will be on television and don't blame the ADept. for this decision on bit.
                          So...I want to plead with everyone on this board to get everyone you know to buy tickets for this game as soon as the Ticket Dept makes them available. I'll make some phone calls this week and hopefully get a bead on when they think they will come available.

If you haven't been able to give to SDSU as far as $$$$'s, but still want to do something as far as making your "time and talents" available to SDSU, this would be it.
                          Nothing would make the Athletic Dept. happier than relegating NDSU to 1000 tickets to the game at CAS next year, and see them crammed in the Northeast corner of the bleachers!!

Go Jacks!!
                          I'm in. I'm going to have 6 season tickets already but I know I can unload another 10 tickets for the NDSU game. Next time I talk to Christie I'll ask her when tickets will be available. If each season ticket holder buy an extra 2-4 reserved tickets and finds a friend or family member to use them we can get this game on television where it should be.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post
                            It was an exciting game. Not sure where to post this but I thought it was pretty cool when they announced who Thundar is and then the Jacks mascot went over to congratulate him. Good sportsmanship!

I know a lot of Bison fans have been writing in votes for SDSU and last I checked Jackrabbit was in first place. Thundar has a bye week but maybe we can get him to win the Mascot Challenge.
                            I agree. We might be competitive on the field/court, but there isn't anything bad coming out of the schools voting for each others mascot. I know I vote for Thundar when I go to vote. I don't know how many miles our mascot puts on during a football or basketball game. He seems to be on all sides of the field/court during the entire game. Unlike the mangy mutt from the south, our mascot is a good acting mascot. The prairie mutt seems to be there only to incite the college fans in the dump and not the team young kids in the crowd.

I think the original post regarding the mascots is in the "Other Athletics" section if you want to read more about this.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              I'm in. I'm going to have 6 season tickets already but I know I can unload another 10 tickets for the NDSU game. Next time I talk to Christie I'll ask her when tickets will be available. If each season ticket holder buy an extra 2-4 reserved tickets and finds a friend or family member to use them we can get this game on television where it should be.
                              I know I could find 4 or 6 people to distribute tickets to. This has the makings of a meaningful sales promotion that would get season ticket holders to try to find casual fans or new fans to attend the Dakota Marker game. Make all of us into salesmen. We're already out there all the time advocating for SDSU sports.

Maybe there could be a bundle deal or something. Let's get creative. What would such a promotion look like? What could it be called? Who can pitch it to athletics?

I envision a United Way type progress meter with a goal of selling all the reserved seats for the game.

Ideas?

I mentioned this idea just now to Mark Burgers and he's going to work on it. So any ideas you guys post here are certainly going to help. Thanks.
                              Last edited by JimmyJack; 11-25-2008, 11:27 AM. Reason: Added Burgers conversation.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Do we know when tickets may come available?

Great idea!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X