Dakota Marker Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker Game

I have to say the helmet to helmet was a bad call, but I guess Bison fans think we should have declined the penalty since it was a bad call. I am sure Bohl would have declined it if the role had been reversed. If you look at the film you will see there should have been two flags on that play anyway since the other idiot knocked the ball out of JaRon's hand as he was trying to show the reception. I guess Bisonville didn't see that though. Could those idiots jaw more on the field? Shut the f*ck up and play football.

Also, the hit on Berry should not have been called. I guess we should have declined that one also. He was only about six inches from the sideline, but if I remember correctly he was headed upfield. I remember when we played UNO and I believe it was Ed Thompson took off for the sideline and everyone let up so as not to draw a late hit penalty and he was off to the races. I can't remember if he scored, but I know I decided to not ever let up until they stepped over the white line.

Comment

I am not blaming you if you cannot watch the game on TV. I am just suggesting that they are doing what they think is best for our program and you should worry about what is best for yours.

I certainly wish we had the fanbase the Bison do so that more of our games could be televised. We don't so we have to operate differently. I'm sure our athletic department would be happy to sell you a ticket or two to the game and MAYBE there would be another Bison fan that would allow you to ride along.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker View Post
        Did you watch the game last night? Wasn't it nice to be able to do that? If your president won't allow for it to happen why should you guys be able to watch the game? Is it our fault your president is worried he can't fill the stands if the games on TV?
        Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the AD/administration had anything to do with our being able to see the game on TV last night. That was the choice of a local station and after seeing snippets of the OU/TT game it was a great choice.

That being said I think it should be on TV every year and both governors should be there and it should continue to grow until it becomes a destination for fans of both schools and states whereever it is held.

Comment

Jacks should send the Bison some SDSU Dairy cheese to go with their whine.

Comment

There were also some joke calls on the Jacks early in the game.

That stuff bears itself out and blaming the result of the game on that is just sour grapes. If Roehl could have rushed against the Jacks D, the game could have been much different. If Berry played the entire game the result could have been much different.

I would think that if the shoe was on the other foot we would be upset but I don't believe we would blame the refs for the game (See SIU thread).
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              I have to say the helmet to helmet was a bad call, but I guess Bison fans think we should have declined the penalty since it was a bad call. I am sure Bohl would have declined it if the role had been reversed. If you look at the film you will see there should have been two flags on that play anyway since the other idiot knocked the ball out of JaRon's hand as he was trying to show the reception. I guess Bisonville didn't see that though. Could those idiots jaw more on the field? Shut the f*ck up and play football.

Also, the hit on Berry should not have been called. I guess we should have declined that one also. He was only about six inches from the sideline, but if I remember correctly he was headed upfield. I remember when we played UNO and I believe it was Ed Thompson took off for the sideline and everyone let up so as not to draw a late hit penalty and he was off to the races. I can't remember if he scored, but I know I decided to not ever let up until they stepped over the white line.

You know I never said that. What I am many other Bison fans are saying is we would rather the calls not have been made, the refs were clearly in the wrong. That being said the games outcome was affected and that sucks. It should be decided on the field by the players not the refs. Regarding your president and whats right for the school then I will highly recommend to our AD at the next teammakers meeting that NDSU charge accordingly for the right to be able to broadcast the game or just flat out not make it available to you. As a fan I can't make it to all away games just as most fans from any school can't. All I'm saying is if we can make it available to you the least you could do is return the favor but I guess you see it as another way of sticking it to the Bison so screw them right?

Comment

sticking it to the bison so screw them right?
                right!
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                  There were also some joke calls on the Jacks early in the game.

That stuff bears itself out and blaming the result of the game on that is just sour grapes. If Roehl could have rushed against the Jacks D, the game could have been much different. If Berry played the entire game the result could have been much different.

I would think that if the shoe was on the other foot we would be upset but I don't believe we would blame the refs for the game (See SIU thread).
                  Hey if you guys want to hang your hats on a win where the refs had a say in the outcome so be it, I guess that says a lot about you.

Comment

Hey if you guys want to hang your hats on a win where the refs had a say in the outcome so be it, I guess that says a lot about you.
                    That's a little ridiculous. What do you want us to say you should have won? Quit acting like CoyoteFan and bring a better team to Brookings next year if you want to win.

Comment

No, its a lot ridiculous.
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

You know I never said that. What I am many other Bison fans are saying is we would rather the calls not have been made, the refs were clearly in the wrong. That being said the games outcome was affected and that sucks. It should be decided on the field by the players not the refs. Regarding your president and whats right for the school then I will highly recommend to our AD at the next teammakers meeting that NDSU charge accordingly for the right to be able to broadcast the game or just flat out not make it available to you. As a fan I can't make it to all away games just as most fans from any school can't. All I'm saying is if we can make it available to you the least you could do is return the favor but I guess you see it as another way of sticking it to the Bison so screw them right?
                        I just think its lame blaming the refs for the loss when you guys missed two easy field goals, allowed us to get two 2 pt conversions to win the game, and threw an interception with two minutes left when you had a chance to drive for a FG to win the game yourself.

SDSU made plays to win the game and you didn't. Bad calls happen every game, and SDSU actually had more penalties in the game than you guys did so its not like the refs were looking the other way for us.

Give it a rest already, noone is feeling sorry for you. Making excuses for losses is something they do down in Vermillion, I'd expect better from you guys.

Comment

As a football fan only I don't care to see the refs screw up games by making bad calls is all I'm saying. I already said you guys have the better team, yes we had chances to win and didn't because of a ****ty kicker and poor QB. Nothing new there this year. Regarding televising the game though I don't see how anyone can defend that decision, maybe next year your president will get his head out of his ass and let the game be on TV. I'm done discussing this with you guys you clearly are ok with the way the game went since you won it. I'm sure if it had gone the other way none of you would ever say anything about poor officiating or question the calls period. Bottom line is neither team is going anywhere this year.

Comment

As a football fan only I don't care to see the refs screw up games by making bad calls is all I'm saying. I already said you guys have the better team, yes we had chances to win and didn't because of a ****ty kicker and poor QB. Nothing new there this year. Regarding televising the game though I don't see how anyone can defend that decision, maybe next year your president will get his head out of his ass and let the game be on TV. I'm done discussing this with you guys you clearly are ok with the way the game went since you won it. I'm sure if it had gone the other way none of you would ever say anything about poor officiating or question the calls period. Bottom line is neither team is going anywhere this year.
                            Who enjoys watching refs make bad calls?? I don't see any hands going up. Refs make bad calls in pretty much every game. It wasn't like the 15 yd helmet to helmet put the ball at the 1. You watched it many times -some in slow motion. The ref has to make the call at full speed from a certain area of the field- not with 5-6 camera angles. Maybe you should place some of the blame on a defense that allows 2 2pt conversions as well? You're taking what was a very entertaining and hard hitting game and making it all about 1-2 calls. Even if they had not called helmet to helmet they certainly could have called unsportsmanlike after the db swung and hit the ball 15 (?) yards as Jaron held it up to show he caught it.
                            If Brookings were the size of Fargo I bet we would put games on TV.

Comment

By the way, I hear Stig's postgame with the WNAX guys. At one point he commented that it was a whale of a game.
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

I got home from Fargo a while ago and have been reading the board. It still sends chills through me reading your guy's stuff through the last 4 minutes of the game. I haven't quite smiling since 9:15 last night except for about 10 minutes when I got my a$$ kicked playing blackjack last night.

The Jacks were dead in the water done early in the 4th and after the field goal to go up 7. I was thinking "why the hell did I come to this place again to watch them lose again?"

I can't believe Stig went for two. Didn't agree with it, but it worked, amen. I heard after the game last night he told the guys in the huddle before the drive if they scored, they were going for two and if they punted, they were faking it. Guy had a big pair last night.

The Jacks section was awesome last night, just awesome, we should clone the people there and have them all at the home games. The girl two chairs down for me, who I had never met in my life hugged me and had tears in her eyes after clock went to "0.00".

It may not have meant quite as much as last year, unless the 1% chance of the playoffs happens tonight, but wow, what elation. The Jacks fans stayed in the dome for a long time after the game and the players deserved every single person there. I high fived Jaron's mom leaving the staduim and told her he went out in great fashion and she said she was just thankful he was a Jackrabbit. I told her we are too and we loved all four years of him.

The bars last night were great. I have always went out and listened to those damn Bison fans after their wins go "great game, you guys are getting better, blah, blah, blah." They were very quiet and didn't have much to say." Well guess what, we're better now and we're here to stay.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X