Dakota Marker Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker Game

Congratulations to both teams for the exciting game. It was fun to watch it on tv and I wish I could have been there. They only real commentary I have on the game actually come from watching the announcers on tv. He just said "He is going to wish he had that play back when he watches the videos tomorrow." He may have said it almost 15 times. Other than that it was a great hard hitting game.

Good luck to all the seniors from both teams and I can't wait for next years game.

Also I hope that all of you that watched at home will send an e-mail to ksfy for broadcasting the game.

Comment

Originally posted by EJackRabbit View Post
      Congratulations to both teams for the exciting game. It was fun to watch it on tv and I wish I could have been there. They only real commentary I have on the game actually come from watching the announcers on tv. He just said "He is going to wish he had that play back when he watches the videos tomorrow." He may have said it almost 15 times. Other than that it was a great hard hitting game.

Good luck to all the seniors from both teams and I can't wait for next years game.

Also I hope that all of you that watched at home will send an e-mail to ksfy for broadcasting the game.
      That's no doubt that was a hard hitting game. Wow. Especially by the Bison. The pancake that I think gave Berry the concussion and the blow on Jaron on the winning drive were amazing they hung onto the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
        I have to say the helmet to helmet was a bad call, but I guess Bison fans think we should have declined the penalty since it was a bad call. I am sure Bohl would have declined it if the role had been reversed. If you look at the film you will see there should have been two flags on that play anyway since the other idiot knocked the ball out of JaRon's hand as he was trying to show the reception. I guess Bisonville didn't see that though. Could those idiots jaw more on the field? Shut the f*ck up and play football.

Also, the hit on Berry should not have been called. I guess we should have declined that one also. He was only about six inches from the sideline, but if I remember correctly he was headed upfield. I remember when we played UNO and I believe it was Ed Thompson took off for the sideline and everyone let up so as not to draw a late hit penalty and he was off to the races. I can't remember if he scored, but I know I decided to not ever let up until they stepped over the white line.
        So I'm not the only one that saw this. I told the guy next to me before the ref said it was a personal foul, I thought it was going to be unsportsmanlike conduct.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker View Post
          You guys really have an issue with the facts. First off you guys have a better team many have said it. Without Berry though I'd say it's a toss up. JackGuyII I see you pissing and moaning about the Bison fans on here and at AGS as much as the Bison fans are bitching (legitimately so) about the refs. I was at the game last night. I also watched the replays on tv after I got home over and over again. The DBack had his head over as far to the left as it would go. He didn't lead with his helmet. The only way he could move his head over further is rip it of his FVCKING neck and held it in his hands while he made the tackle. Sorry if you don't like the facts but I'd rather have the game decided on the field without the gifts from the refs going to either side. Last nights game was not decided by the players it was decided by the refs. Lastly you guys need to get your president and AD to allow the game to be broadcast so those of us who can't make it can have the same opportunity as you guys go to see last nights game on TV. Last year your jackass prez or AD didn't allow that to happen, pathetic. Congratulations on the game anyway for what it was.

Was at the game...question for you Bisonbacker....do you think the game being on TV had anything to do with the fact there was at least 4000 empty Bison seats?? Admitted number by your President and AD, BTW.

Great game Jackrabbits...after the past 6 days, I'm drained and need to wait until tomorrow to post my thoughts on how, these sure as hell aren't your parents JACKRABBITS!!!!!!

Go Jacks!! -- Just BEAT the Bison in FARGO!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I already said you guys have the better team, yes we had chances to win and didn't because of a ****ty kicker and poor QB.
            I still don't think your QB had a bad game.

And if you want to complain about a poor call by the refs, what about the taunting/unsportsman-like penalty which should have been called against the NDSU receiver. Gets up after a big play, stand above the SDSU defender, shows him the ball and starts jawing at him. Go ahead stand up and celebrate, but to do it facing the player and talking shtuff to him--not classy.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
              Was at the game...question for you Bisonbacker....do you think the game being on TV had anything to do with the fact there was at least 4000 empty Bison seats?? Admitted number by your President and AD, BTW.
              Yeah I saw that on TV, there were 15 or so pissed off students at my house watching the game that wanted to go the game, be couldn't because we couldn't get tickets. Where were those tickets? I know of many, many Jacks fans that wanted to make the trip but couldn't get tickets. Disappointing.

Comment

My MVP goes to the whole team the whole team.

The FG kicks were huge. Wonder if the coaches are thinking they should have used him more?

What about the first 2pt conversion? I know it's all on the "card", but if they didn't call that or make it...

Bill Brasky award goes to Berry.

Glad to be a Jackrabbit fan where the ref calls are rarely discussed after a one play loss (see SIU, McNeese....)

I think I'm going to enjoy this for one more week before looking toward next week.

Great season, thanks and congrats to the coaches, players and fans. This is one class act program, which proves nice guys can win and I'd put Stig up in the class of Tony Dungy.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                  So I'm not the only one that saw this. I told the guy next to me before the ref said it was a personal foul, I thought it was going to be unsportsmanlike conduct.
                  I thinkthe hit on Berry was not that the ref thought he was out of bounds, but the fact that after the player made the hit he walked toward Berry and said something and then looked like he move his leg toward him or stepped on him. Take a look at the video, maybe I am way off! they kept cutting the replay short, like they knew what the player did.

Comment

I think their talking about the head-to-head call on this one tats

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                      I think their talking about the head-to-head call on this one tats

That was a bad call!

Comment

As far as the calls go, I'm in the school of thought that in most circumstances football refs make the best call they can and usually the close up 3D angle they get is better than one replay or a fan up in the stands. Especially on questionable hits, fumbles etc. Hopefully instant replay doesn't make it into the FCS.

I also think that if bad calls "cost" you the game that you didn't play or execute well enough to prevent that. I know that while our players and coaches may make an occasional comment on calls, they are focused on what they have control over.

Comment

Why did they rope off the Bison logos and the logo on mid-field after the game when the pictures with the Dakota Marker were going on? Were they seriously afraid of the Jacks disrespecting the logos?

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Herd View Post
                            First a comment
                            If we would have won we would have been 7-4 technically eligible for playoff selection. Yes, I think most of us know that there is there basically no chance to the slimmest of chances of getting in.....but there was still a chance. I don't get how its a joke....long shot...chances of it happening probably less than 1%, sure, but still think it should get mentioned. But if they did it in an annoying way or kept on bringing it up....i could see how that would be a problem or get old really fast.

Oh and it was the right call by the refs in this Bison fan's eyes...no complaining for me.

Anyway

Highlights:
                            -Jack fans that were there brought it. Great atmosphere...great cheering section
                            -The Pride. I could hear the pretty well across from them. I really liked having another band in the Dome
                            -Your offense was really poised given the situation with the QB and the offense stagnating in the third quarter. Kept their composure and had that big final drive
                            -Like the 'going for 2 by your coach. Great show of moxie.
                            -Another great Marker game that will be remember for a long time.

Great game Jacks. Great season Jacks Best of luck in the Basketball campaign
                            Class Act by Go Herd. Rep Points.
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MHDBisonfan View Post
                              I was at the game, congrats to you SDSU - it was a great game - you guys deserved to win - I love the rivalry game, its been 5 great games in a row now with you guys. Met with a few of you in the tailgating area and had a good visit, hope the return trip is safe. If you were at the game, I was the one in the front row with the energizer bunny in the noose. all in good fun - i cheer for sdsu pretty much every week but this one! good luck in your winter sports - by the way, i have a bad feeling about the womens bb games - ouch i think - and hopefully we'll see you down at CAS next year!
                              Another class act.
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

You guys really have an issue with the facts. First off you guys have a better team many have said it. Without Berry though I'd say it's a toss up. JackGuyII I see you pissing and moaning about the Bison fans on here and at AGS as much as the Bison fans are bitching (legitimately so) about the refs. I was at the game last night. I also watched the replays on tv after I got home over and over again. The DBack had his head over as far to the left as it would go. He didn't lead with his helmet. The only way he could move his head over further is rip it of his FVCKING neck and held it in his hands while he made the tackle. Sorry if you don't like the facts but I'd rather have the game decided on the field without the gifts from the refs going to either side. Last nights game was not decided by the players it was decided by the refs. Lastly you guys need to get your president and AD to allow the game to be broadcast so those of us who can't make it can have the same opportunity as you guys go to see last nights game on TV. Last year your jackass prez or AD didn't allow that to happen, pathetic. Congratulations on the game anyway for what it was.
                                Not quite as classy.

Comment

Working...
                                X