Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illinois STATE Game Thread.... I'm paying attention, really:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Illinois STATE Game Thread.... I'm paying attention, really

Yes, thanks to the people at the alumni tent. Keep it up. Much appreciated. It's great for people like me who travel alone and come from a couple hours away. I have a car and a big gas grill...and that's a bad combination when it comes up to tailgating. Thanks so much! More of you should stop by and have a bite to eat. Not much abeats a free-will-donation meal.

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
    I was finally ventured into the Alumni Tent and it was fun. Obviously not many people there, but the workers were very nice and we had a good time.

Thank you.
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

http://www.brookingsregister.com/fe_...d=77&heading=0

BHM is doing a fine job at the local paper. We need two more games, on the road like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
        Front 7: B, Did a nice job against Mendenhall. Still need to keep getting more pressure against these last two foes.

Secondary: B, Didn't like the td drives, but held their own when ISU had the wind.
        I love the grades. Only grades I would ask the teacher for reconsideration on would be for the Front 7 and Secondary. I think the linebacking corp played a great game. 3 INT's for starters. Along with the D-line, they held the ISU running attack to -1 rushing yards in the first quarter. At the end of the game when the D-line was on full pass rush mode, they were really bringing the heat. I'd give the front 7 a solid A, maybe an A- if you want to ding them for giving up a couple good runs.

As for the Secondary, I think it was more like a C. Sufficient, but not above average. They were beat deep on 2 occasions. One for the TD and one that the WR couldn't hold onto when he dove into the endzone. Add to that the amount of drops the ISU receivers had in the first quarter and I think the secondary may have dodged a couple bullets there. Just so it doesn't seem like I'm being hard on the secondary, I think they really stepped up in the 2nd half for the most part. I also think our safeties are run-orientated so that has something to do with it. Our safeties fly up on the run and lay some wood on people. That is great in the run game, but tends to leave us exposed on the occasional seam route up the middle. We've been burned by it a couple times this year. That may be a pick your poison type situation, though.

For what it's worth, I think our D is playing as well as they have all season right now. Considering where our team was health-wise a month ago, it's nice to be hitting our stride at this point of the season.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
          I love the grades. Only grades I would ask the teacher for reconsideration on would be for the Front 7 and Secondary. I think the linebacking corp played a great game. 3 INT's for starters. Along with the D-line, they held the ISU running attack to -1 rushing yards in the first quarter. At the end of the game when the D-line was on full pass rush mode, they were really bringing the heat. I'd give the front 7 a solid A, maybe an A- if you want to ding them for giving up a couple good runs.

As for the Secondary, I think it was more like a C. Sufficient, but not above average. They were beat deep on 2 occasions. One for the TD and one that the WR couldn't hold onto when he dove into the endzone. Add to that the amount of drops the ISU receivers had in the first quarter and I think the secondary may have dodged a couple bullets there. Just so it doesn't seem like I'm being hard on the secondary, I think they really stepped up in the 2nd half for the most part. I also think our safeties are run-orientated so that has something to do with it. Our safeties fly up on the run and lay some wood on people. That is great in the run game, but tends to leave us exposed on the occasional seam route up the middle. We've been burned by it a couple times this year. That may be a pick your poison type situation, though.

For what it's worth, I think our D is playing as well as they have all season right now. Considering where our team was health-wise a month ago, it's nice to be hitting our stride at this point of the season.
          And still have a shot at the play-offs, not even a far off shot.

Comment

Working...
          X