Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cal Poly Game Thread

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
    I was going to say $100 but I had to look it up. It is $110 for non-resident. I was right with my thought you get 2 five day hunting periods. You have to pick the dates when you apply.

That's not too bad - almost on par with ND. In ND, it would be $100 for 2 seven day hunting periods(i had to look it up, too). There are some other states that get pretty outrageous with their fees. Anyway...

Scheduling a hunting trip to coincide with a football game would be a great opportunity for quite a few, but I don't see it affecting overall attendance very much. There's always the wife/girlfriend, the friend who only cares to party and watch football, etc., who tend to complicate hunting plans a pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by badrabbit View Post
      I agree 100 % with your assessment. Short 5-7 yard pass routes would cut down on almost every sack. Look for more than one receiver. QB roll out and don't stand stationary. Use two TE and two WR. Forget that 3 reciever set. The D just loads up and blitz's and gets the sack. The O line isn't that bad.
      It's THE PLAY CALLING AND THE FORMATIONS WE USE. Send a TE or both TE'S on short 5-7 yard routes. SenD out one TE AND both WR on short patterns. The QB would not get sacked. This would open up the whole offense. Now this is just some suggestions. GO JACKS!
      I understand the frustration, but cover 2 takes care of this fairly easily....been there and done that....#1 it appears the QB locks on his target...and forces a lot of passes into the coverage (this must change)...we need to mix up 3 & 5 step drops...and take what the coverage dictates...also don't know if they do....but the majority of the routes should be "read" routes....that will allow you to always have an acceptable pattern called into any coverage.
      Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
      Muhammad Ali

Comment

WOW. you sure seem to know alot about football. even more then the coaching staff. you should apply for the job there since you think all of this is so cut and dry easy.
        We are not going to do anything until we get the running game up to snuff. Then, the defense is going to have to stop someone.

Comment

I was at the game. Lets just say I missed 3 hours with family members and friends at the lodge that I'll never get back. Hunting Saturday was great, the game not so much. I was pumped when I showed up at CAS. Then, the Jacks came out as flat as I've ever seen them and got whooped up and down the field. It was ugly but could have been even uglier. Way too much went wrong and almost nothing went right. I will reserve the rest of my criticism for dicussion with close friends only.

I will say it could have been a different game if we do something with the ball after the pick just before the half. The 3 crappy downs followed by a crappy missed field goal with a strong backwind took the backwind out of our sails. That game just flat out sucked.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
          X