Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game Thread: University of Northern Iowa

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Wow. You said it was sour grapes when several people here said they don't like the sound effects. I respond that it's an opinion and that we weren't overconfident about the game, just fans. And I threw in that those kinds of sound effects seem more popular with dome teams, which does seem counterintuitive since there's so much natural sound in domes, particularly full ones like the UNI-Dome.

Now, based on that... somehow I'm against domes in general.

I'm afraid to say anything else for fear I might be labeled as an anti-kitten zealot for disagreeing with a guy named CapnCat.

Now you're being silly. Just putting some other things in front of you, all of which seemed to miss target. No matter.

I like the Jacks, Jack fans and everything Jack, especially Jack coeds. Will be at a Jack home game sometime this season with my sons to enjoy the aforementioned.

Now, if you were a Youngstown fan, I'd tell you to piss off.

Go Jacks, Go Cats, Go Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat View Post
      Now you're being silly. Just putting some other things in front of you, all of which seemed to miss target. No matter.

I like the Jacks, Jack fans and everything Jack, especially Jack coeds. Will be at a Jack home game sometime this season with my sons to enjoy the aforementioned.

Go Jacks, Go Cats, Go Valley.
      Hey Cap'n - suggest the Cal Poly game 10/14. Poly will need to win for a shot at the play-offs. Jacks need to hold home games if want to have shot at play-offs. Won't be as packed as Hobo Day (vs McNeese, 10/4)

After that, looking at Mo ST or IL St visiting Coughlin in early Nov.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        Hey Cap'n - suggest the Cal Poly game 10/14. Poly will need to win for a shot at the play-offs. Jacks need to hold home games if want to have shot at play-offs. Won't be as packed as Hobo Day (vs McNeese, 10/4)

After that, looking at Mo ST or IL St visiting Coughlin in early Nov.

Can't do a Tuesday game, Rapper. Will keep an eye on the schedule. took Lieutenant Cat to UNI @ MSU last season for a daddy-son raod trip and had a great time staying the weekend. Now, I owe Corporal Cat the same and I may make it a Brookings weekend. SDSU is his second favorite team.

Comment

Just check the offical website GojackGo and they still have the Cal Poly on Saturday Oct 18th. The 14th would be Tuesday and I find that shocking for SDSU. It would have include an international tv contract to move it to Tuesday. Rabid might be wrong on the date. Not to make him look bad, but......its the 18th.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 09-23-2008, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Now that's funny. Thanks for bringing such good humor along with you to our board. I need to do a better job of recriprocating. But I still hate the sound effects.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              Now that's funny. Thanks for bringing such good humor along with you to our board. I need to do a better job of recriprocating. But I still hate the sound effects.

Well, they are loud. But, I'm a grouchy, overweight 45 yr old who take 80 mgs of Celexa a day to cope with kid noise awife who nags and a puppy who pisses all over the house.

Re: the 10/18 game, that's HC in CatLand and there's some old FB alums from Cap'n Cat's era I want to see. I'll be in Brookings one weekend this fall.

Comment

Well, they are loud. But, I'm a grouchy, overweight 45 yr old who take 80 mgs of Celexa a day to cope with kid noise awife who nags and a puppy who pisses all over the house.

Re: the 10/18 game, that's HC in CatLand and there's some old FB alums from Cap'n Cat's era I want to see. I'll be in Brookings one weekend this fall.

The Bison for homecoming? Jacks will be IN St.'s homecoming. I think UNI might have a more reasonable chance to win vs their homecoming team.

Sorry about mixing the date up.

Comment

Now you have your dates wrong Cap'n . Homecoming for the Panthers is 10/11 against Illinois State, at least according to the Panther Website. I will be down in Cedar Falls homecoming weekend, given the Jacks have a bye that week.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                    Now you have your dates wrong Cap'n . Homecoming for the Panthers is 10/11 against Illinois State, at least according to the Panther Website. I will be down in Cedar Falls homecoming weekend, given the Jacks have a bye that week.
                    The Cap'n stands corrected. I'll be somewhere, sometime.

Comment

Working...
                    X