• Show
Clear All

• Re: Game Thread: University of Northern Iowa

Bison have closed to within 23-17. Start of the fourth. Live blog here:

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

15 vs 233 in the rushing dept. never, ever win with a stat line like that.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I guess the tie breaker this week will be the earliest entry because I'm pretty sure everyone went over.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Shame on everyone for responding to duh Yote guy in a game thread. Waste of posts to sort through.

This game was a reality check big time, but I like our position this point in the season vs. the last few years. We seem to come on strong on at the end so plenty to look forward to.

I'll add my positive spin for the day: Considering Berry had to do it all, not bad with one INT while getting pounded.

Glad we have McNeese at home for Hobo Day and not away at this point.

Comment

Anyone else watch Top Gear on BBC.

The mysterious driver known only as "The Stig" - I have just recently discovered this show and it has moved up very quickly on the priority list on the dvr.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              Worst. Announcers. Ever. Actually, in fairness, the play-by-play guy is OK. The other guy is a complete idiot.
              Yeah, the one guy was alright, the other guy was absolutely terrible.

As for the game, their D-Line DOMINATED our O-line. We had no pass defense, Gant couldn't catch a thing, and Pat Grace played way better than I thought he would. We were pretty much dominated in every facet of the game.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

A lot of the yards in the passing game and offense came when UNI had the game pretty comfortably in hand. Lets not try and take too much away from this game except that we need to play a lot better if we are going to beat solid MVFC teams on the road.

Sometimes JaRon doesn't value the ball as much as he should, that fumble shouldn't have happened. With a miracle we might have tied that puppy up. We got beat and beat badly today. That doesn't mean we can't comeback and contend for the title but the last TD and the passing yards don't change that fact. Great win for UNI, they were playing a little bit of opossum with us.

NDSU is going to comeback and beat YSU.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
                  Shame on everyone for responding to duh Yote guy in a game thread. Waste of posts to sort through.
                  You are correct and I will promptly give myself 50 lashes with a wet noodle.

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
                  This game was a reality check big time, but I like our position this point in the season vs. the last few years. We seem to come on strong on at the end so plenty to look forward to.

I'll add my positive spin for the day: Considering Berry had to do it all, not bad with one INT while getting pounded.
                  Also excellent points on the game.

Comment

I always feel better after I listen to Stig. Still, we were down 34-13 late in the game. UNI whipped us fair and square. Onward and upward is the right idea but I think we have to learn a few things from this loss.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I think we saw as guys got dinged up and were unable to be out there, we are still seeing that we are not as deep as we need to be. Hopefully now that we are fully funded the two to three years to see it pay off, will happen for us. We can not fix all of our holes in just one or two recruiting classes. The season is not over after one conference loss and we got a favorable Month of our schedule coming up. I will take 2-2 over 0-3 or 1-3 any day.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE View Post
                        I think we saw as guys got dinged up and were unable to be out there, we are still seeing that we are not as deep as we need to be. Hopefully now that we are fully funded the two to three years to see it pay off, will happen for us. We can not fix all of our holes in just one or two recruiting classes. The season is not over after one conference loss and we got a favorable Month of our schedule coming up. I will take 2-2 over 0-3 or 1-3 any day.
                        I agree completely and only a fool would argue that the start to this season hasn't been a good one. If you asked me before the year if I'd be happy to be 2-2 after our first 4 games I'd say yes. However, none of that changes the fact that UNI whooped us today. Thats the point I'm trying to make. Being 2-2 right now doesn't make me feel a whole lot better about the way we played. I expected a much better performance, we really didn't have a chance as things unfolded on the field. Its over, I've got to go to work and try to forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I agree completely and only a fool would argue that the start to this season hasn't been a good one. If you asked me before the year if I'd be happy to be 2-2 after our first 4 games I'd say yes. However, none of that changes the fact that UNI whooped us today. Thats the point I'm trying to make. Being 2-2 right now doesn't make me feel a whole lot better about the way we played. I expected a much better performance, we really didn't have a chance as things unfolded on the field. Its over, I've got to go to work and try to forget about it.
                          Very true.

Comment

Well, I was wrong on another game. YSU beat NDSU 32-24. NDSU had a chance at the 4 yard line with seconds to play but Mertens through a pick. Great win for YSU. We ain't in Kansas anymore. MVFC is big time football.

Furman beat UD, Tx St beat UNC, Weber beat Sac St, Montana beat UCD.

Comment

One thing that really went against grain this week was playoff talk. Stig even got stuck talking about it and usually would have given his 1-0 every week talk. But he got a bit sucked in and started talking about facing Delaware and Appy. You kind of wonder if these boys all had the same frame of mind this week. We'll see how this works out. If this team is as good as we hope and think it is, I don't know that I'd want to be a memeber of the SF Austin team.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

We all wanted this win bad, but we all know deep down we aren't top 5 yet ready to storm through the playoffs. I'd like to still win the MVC or sneak in the playoffs, but it will be a year or two until we could go deep. Easier to climb up at the end at this point in the program.

That said, nothing but a clean win next week will satisfy me

Comment

Working...
                                X