Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Thread: Youngstown State

I never expected to put up 40!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

What a game to build on. The Jacks have another tough task next week at home, but it definitely is winnable. Team must focus on going 1-0 in week three.

Jacks take the very early lead in the MVC!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Attend: 11,800+

Comment

Jacks Win!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
            Attend: 11,000+
            OK for a wet (or threatening to be wet) night, I guess. More wins will draw more folks out.

This one was . . . amazing. Everything went right for the Rabbits tonight, except the weather.

And, it's the first ever win for any team in the Missouri Valley Football Conference. Can't take that away from us now. (We lead the conference standings . . . that should look good in the papers from KC to Pittsburgh . . . )

Fear the Rabbit.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Stats:
              First Downs, SDSU 22, YSU 14
              Rush yards, SDSU 187, YSU 107
              Pass yards, SDSU 319, YSU 98
              Turnovers, SDSU 0, YSU 4
              Penalties, SDSU 9-89, YSU 5-60
              Time of Possession, SDSU 33:09, YSU 26:51

Minett had 123 yards rushing on 14 carries, 2 TD's

Berry was 19-30 for 319 yards, 1 TD, zero INTs

The only thing I see is the need to cut down on the penalties. Otherwise it was a pretty dominant SDSU win.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I take my props from Udot and give them to Coach Stig and his staff for getting these guys prepared for tonight after last week. What a game they played. Yes its only one game but what a game.

Comment

Bump to show corre toon due to fat fingers

Comment

Stig just said that Paula separated his shoulder on the fumble at the end of 1st half

Comment

Geeez, UND is not going to get respect. ESPN just put them up as Grand Forks.

Comment

Are we going to be seeing highlights of the game on youtube like we had last year after the home games? hopefully, it was nice to show those to family and friends who thought SDSU was still playin average D-2 football. We play a new ballgame now.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Big Win! Congratulations. Berry (sp) is one heck of a quarter bac,. Even though the score was lopsided last week I thought the Jacks looked good, if over matched. I watched it on TV. Tonight I know I was right.
                          Last edited by JBB123; 09-06-2008, 08:30 PM. Reason: mistake
                          www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Just got back from the game. Jacks played AWESOME! We basically did whatever we wanted to on offense and defense all night long. I'm afraid we got a little banged up though. Hopefully nothing too serious. Schroeder and Batten both came off with hand/arm injuries but did return. I don't the Brodie played the 2nd half...not sure why. And Paula dislocated his shoulder. One of our starting OL left on the first or second series. He didn't return. In fact, he was on crutches for the rest of the game.

Didn't think there were 11,800 people there. I guessed around 10,000. All of the east side is reserved seating so that side was pretty empty. The endzone is GA and both ends were very fully. Especially the South (scoreboard) end. I think the afternoon sprinkle may have scared some away. Hate to say it but we still have a lot of fair weather fans. Can't wait for next week. My guess is 15,000 show up.

Comment

Wow! That would be like 35,000 at the dakota dome.

Comment

Just got back from the game too. State looked very good tonight. Berry throws for over 300 yards. Nice running game. Defense buckled down when needed and came up with some good interceptions. Punt returner looked very good. Some questionable penalties called but I'm not going to complain. Just didn't think youngstown State ever got into the flow of their offense. I agree our players got a little banged up on the field tonight and hope nothing is too serious. Thought Duffy looked pretty good after Paula went out. My friends and I were just amazed at how the Jacks took Y-State out of the game from the start. Nice win!!
                                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                                X